Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Mass Effect Andromeda 2?:lol::lol: This is going to be disaster.

Hahah, so funny that a pre-alpha trailer has a disappearing character. I'm sure tha studio that created one of the best looking open world RPG to date will make shitty animations like in Mass Effect Andromeda 2. It has a disappearing character in a fucking trailer, of course the game is going to be a disaster! We don't need to play games, we don't need to see them in action. Just find an animation bug in a pre-alpha trailer and you can seal the fate of a game. Haha. Laughing smiles: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

These fucking people on the codex....

Check the background, top left corner, an NPC walks with no legs, and also a pair of legs walking by themselves in the opposite direction :lol:

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am starting to feel people who said they have problem with art they probably want Blade Runner and probably never heard of Cyberpunk in first place.

I am also willing to bet that if they would show night trailer people would be saying "Blade Runner rip-off lol" lol generic cuberpunk game.

Aint that the dam fucking truth.

Cyberpunk is best when you have a huge contrast between the underworld that is hidden behind all the glitz. What most of these edgelords dont understand is that normal life exist in this world. The dirty shit is done in the dark by power players to gain that little edge. The Random people and the middle calls leads normal lives.

If you cover every thing in shit and go full adult diaper edge lord then you losse the impact of it all. The Clean main street vs dilapidated area where the dredges of society lives.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

NullFlow

Savant
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/01/cyberpunk-2077-putting-the-punk-back-into-cyberpunk

“There are lots of cyber games around, but there’s not a lot of punk in those games,” adds Mateusz. “We want to put more punk into ours. We do not want to make a dark and hopeless world. We are not doing Blade Runner. It will be full of rock and roll.”

They said what they were going to do in 2013. They have been loyal to their vision, you have to give them credit.
I'm pretty sure so much of the dissonance and disappointment is from people who saw the 2013 teaser's bleakness and took it as a sign that the game would be entirely like this. Problem is, that was not made by CDPR but a CGI studio in Hungary (I think) that was given a brief idea of what CDPR wanted, and they shaped it how they interpreted it. I mean, remember the Killing Monsters trailer that was a foggy, grim and edgy showing of the Witcher world, only for the game to be filled with jokes and light?

Zer0wing

Cipher
Where's all muh darkness and night? Gee, I don't know. Try to rewatch the fucking trailer maybe?
1528732421515.jpg

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Ok ok.. That was fun in the end.. Seeing all this people that knows absoutely nothing about the source material claiming is too bright in the day! Codex... you disappoint me... If some scenes are taken in daylight what do you expect? Cyberpunk may be sci-fi but is grounded in reality and again the parts of the trailer that were in the night looked exactly like the old trailer... i mean seriously people? lol...

lophiaspis

Arbiter
If that voiceover is any indication then the storytelling in this game will be mediocre compared with Witcher.

Also that guys giant square collar is retarded as shit. Terrible decline from Witcher which has probably the best AAA art design ever, and also from natural comparisons like Deus Ex: HR.

Betting so much on this off the wall pitch was a big mistake for CDPR. The concept does not lend itself to excellence and nothing in that trailer tells me they have achieved it. Why aren't they showing any gameplay? Is the thing stuck in development hell?

Why did they drop Witcher like a hot potato just as they were hitting their stride? They should have kept churning out Witcher stories in the same engine, while their other team should have worked on something that's easier to make great than Cyberpunk is.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Ive spend whole 24 hours to achieve these Perfect, hardcore estetics for NOIR llike , screens from Cyberpunk 2077 trailer, i hope You all will enjoy it, i was inspired by Blade Runner and Black holes,
it's lot of black colour but let's be honest BLACK ALBUM was last good Metallica album,
and Black is the best way to describe future of crpg gaming too:
black-rectangle-512.jpg
black-rectangle-512.jpg
black-rectangle-512.jpg

black-rectangle-512.jpg
black-rectangle-512.jpg
black-rectangle-512.jpg

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
You guys are missing the point. It's not the fact that game has daytime that's the problem, it's the tone seem in the images and trailer that don't make it feel like a Cyberpunk setting.

There are good Cyberpunk stories that have set pieces during daytime, but even during those set pieces their mood is still consistent with what the setting represents and it's themes. Unlike the vibes Cyberpunk 2077 has. Compare the following:

MV5BNTcxNjlmYmUtNjY2NS00MTE3LTgwMTMtMWIyNDUyOTc1YWU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDYzNTI2ODc@._V1_.jpg

serveimage
MV5BMWM5MTZiZTUtNTIyMy00NzM1LThkMDMtMTdhNWMxZDU5YjI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA1OTEwNjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1288,1000_AL_.jpg

Ghost_Shell_1995_Screenshot_0998.jpg
MV5BOTJlMzY3NzgtOWY5OC00NTIxLTg4OTQtOTg5YWE4MmI1OWMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ3NzIyNTQ@._V1_.jpg
serveimage

Akira_Screenshot_0738.jpg

Akira_Screenshot_0817.jpg

MV5BNDkxNzY5MjIxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDg5NjUyMjI@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,744_AL_.jpg

MV5BNjEzYmVjMTYtMmE0MC00NjAzLWIxMTgtZTliZjNkZjMxYjQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg2ODI2OTU@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,740_AL_.jpg

blade-runner-2049-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Blade-Runner-blade-runner-2049-movies-car-futuristic-snow-winter-Ryan-Gosling-Harrison-Ford-1240257.jpg

serveimage

serveimage

Despite their different places their atmosphere is consistent with the setting. These feel depressing almost hopeless.

Now comparing with ''Cyberpunk'' 2077:

VK1ksEy.png
cwS8ITH.png
mSVd8rb.png
tN0rEm2.png

Everything is so clean, colorful and vibrant. Isn't this supposed to be a fucking dystopia?

They also fails at small and quite logical details of the setting. For example, 'punks' are supposed to be the counterculture. However here they are shown advertisements. So... wouldn't that make it the opposite of a counter culture?

Even when comparing to the original Cyberpunk artwork and descriptions, this game makes no connection:
6YpikKz2SzAyUui3mwNqhA.jpg

Or even general 80's Cyberpunk aesthetics:

serveimage
serveimage
serveimage
serveimage
serveimage

city-bridge-768x364.png

Hell even when the man that defined the setting/genre says that it isn't very Cyberpunk.

As for the GTA V comparisions. No it's not autism, the city looks similar to LA and this trailer they showed resembles a lot of the first GTA V trailer, even in tone:

Lx4G9Hr.png

1528669668044.png

Totally Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
Ok so there's 4 things you aren't getting:
1) It's a representation of Cyberpunk, the IP, not Cyberpunk, the genre.
2) It's not set in 2020.
3) There's day & night cycles.
4) The Night City is named after its creator, who wanted to build a perfect home for people worldwide, hence why it looks so orderly. It has different districts as well. It's not all sunshine on the surface.

Hope that helped.

Extra: Gibson has no authority whatsoever. He's just upset CDPR didn't adapt his work and he isn't gonna see a boost in sales like Sapkowski did.

imweasel

Everything is so clean, colorful and vibrant. Isn't this supposed to be a fucking dystopia?
It is actually a well functioning society with a criminal underworld because that is what GTA is. Throw in some futuristic gunz and cyborgz secret sauce and and your futuristic potato GTA clone™ is complete.
rating_sawyer.gif

The trailer is cool and all, but this isn't cyberpunk. CD Potato Red has strayed far far far away from their original vision.

Sentinel

Arcane

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
"Please understand, we deliberately made it look like shit, this is our visiun". :lol:
You'd know about shit, playing all those Obsidian games.

Call me when PotatoProjekt makes something even as half as good as New Vegas.
Typical Obsidiot, gotta hold on to the past 'cause he knows his company's done for.

Meanwhile you're holding onto 60 second CGI trailer with zero gameplay, showcasing a popamole game that will come out 3 years from now.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't help it but wonder what type of quests will we get, in TW3 it usually revolved around being a Witcher. In CP there could be classes which should make stuff really different. I wonder if they can still pull that off since aside from quest structure it was the strong point about TW

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom