Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey, set in ancient Greece - it's definitely an RPG now

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Kids these days :roll:
Fuck off faggot. I know how to pirate games, I just don't feel installing some shitware by russians and as I said it was literally 1 euro. I don't really hate uplay enough to care about 1 euro and I play some SC games on there too.

PrettyDeadman

Origins felt like a step into the right direction.
The shit combat of pop:ww/arkham games/prev. assassin's are gone, replaced by something better. still not particulary interesting, but have some potential.
def. better than witcher 3!

Reddit said:
Assassin's Creed: Origins: Origins (Origins squared?) will finally show us who the Assassins were before they were the Hidden Ones before they were the Assassins.

But the real question is: who were they before that?

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I understand that if Odyssey gets dialog system and choices, thread will be moved to RPG forum? It will be as much RPG as Vampyr.

Last edited:

Bocian

Arcane
ra1QS55.png
:killit:

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Whoa, cancer. Some ages ago it was considered progressive to show historical sexism, or even speculative ones, like a post-apoc setting where women are treated worse than in modern society, because it promote authenticity and creates an oppressive atmosphere.

We're back in the propaganda era again, boys. Everything is cheerful and bright, and We Can Do It! #MeToo

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Big leak occured some days ago, E3 seems to confirm it:
Source - https://twitter.com/GearsofSkorge/status/1002942625845071872

1) Codename was ‘Constellation’ changed to ‘Dynasty’ during alpha stage, and finally renamed ‘Odyssey’
2) The game is set 400 years BEFORE the events of Assassins Creed Origins
3) we continue as Laya (with Desmond’s father) in London.
4) The game is set in Ancient Greece & its mythology.
5) Opening scene we play as Leonids at the battle of Termopyles
6) We then get to choose to play as his Son or his daughter
7) if you choose boy the girl gets kicked off the mountain (& visa Versa) - LMAO
8) Whom ever gets kicked off the mountain (brother or sister) will become the antagonist of the game - I like it
9) Naval returns on a scale similar to black flag, we have our own ship which we can upgrade
10) animals and hunting for resources are back
11) The eagles returns! just like Senu this time called Ikarus
12) Skill tree returns
13) Dianne Daughter of Artemis gives us legendary quests, to hunt legendary animals (Nemee Lion, Boar of Cephala ect)
14) The ‘Bad guys’ are called ‘Cultists’
15) Areas will be restrictive just like Origins, (you will need to be a certain level to survive)
16) combat is a carbon copy of Origins
17) Weapon perks return similar to Origins but we can now choose our own perks for weapons this is called engraving, we need to complete special quests and unlock an engraving as a reward
18) The level up system is back, you need to be high level to start certain missions #ACO
19) The E3 demo will showcase level 18 - 23
20) each region will have a leader controlling the area, we need to kill the leaders commander and claim outposts to lure him out
21) we visit all the major Greek city’s and learn its history
22) DLC is already implemented, ‘Atlantis’ is the one of the DLC Areas
23) Photo mode is back
24) multiple choice answers rumours are true, and impact the story. One example: your first major decision comes when you reach level 10 and you choose to kill your father, or let him live (because he threw your sibling off the mountain) that’s what’s shown in the quick tease
25) your decision impacts the entire story
26) The game will launch before March 31st 2019 (end of Ubisoft’s fiscal year)
27) the story will have multiple endings depending how we answer
28) Boys name is Alexios and the girs name is Kassandra
29) The Olympian games feature in the game
30) The champion of Sparte is "Testikules"

31) Sharks are in the game, Testikules attempts to hug you but you dodge. he falls into the ocean and is eaten by a shark, this means you have to represent Sparta at the Olympic games. - Fucking ROFL
32) E3 demo will Show a side quest where we fight the cultists
33) The story is centred around Leonidas and the War between Sparta and Athens

34) Herodotus is a main character of the story, he was mentioned in Assassins Creed Origins via Papyrus and in the Hidden ones DLC
35) DLC (season pass) was already in the game when my source tested it, when he asked if it will be free for everyone, and the rep said it would be removed from the final build and sold to the customer My source said the city of Atlantis found underwater - Now this is fucking huge, absolutely unacceptable.
37) Forgot to add I had about the map, it’s essentially the same size as Origins (massive) but instead of vast deserts, we now have huge towns and cities, which means there is a lot more to see & do, also the oceans and underwater is more detailed .

Also, I found this unleaked yet image.
DfaovCsX4AIhy5x.jpg:large

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
12) Still tree returns - What does it mean?
Duh, they'll have a skill tree like in Origins.

35) DLC (season pass) was already in the game when my source tested it, when he asked if it will be free for everyone, and the rep said it would be removed from the final build and sold to the customer My source said the city of Atlantis found underwater - Now this is fucking huge, absolutely unacceptable.

That's AAA development.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
7) if you choose boy the girl gets kicked off the mountain (& visa Versa) - LMAO

Lol,that's just bad

8) Whom ever gets kicked off the mountain (brother or sister) will become the antagonist of the game - I like it
Ok that's actually interesting

5) Opening scene we play as Leonids at the battle of Termopyles
6) We then get to choose to play as his Son or his daughter
24) multiple choice answers rumours are true, and impact the story. One example: your first major decision comes when you reach level 10 and you choose to kill your father, or let him live (because he threw your sibling off the mountain) that’s what’s shown in the quick tease

Wait you mean that Leonidas doesn't die a heroic death but survives the battle and you may kill him later?Wtf?That's just :decline:

30) The champion of Sparte is "Testikules"

Hercules+testicles=Testikules?

Last edited:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Wait you mean that Leonidas doesn't die a heroic death but survives the battle and you may kill him later?Wtf?That's just
Now as I think about it they probably mean their foster father, not leonidas one. They probably just didn't specify this.

I lost interest in Assassin's Creed the moment I found out the combat is the easiest thing in the world, the same goes for the Arkham and Shadow of Lore of the Rings rape.
I have been noticing a trend that I'm sure many have observed, the massive influx of playable female characters. This doesn't seem like a slow gradual implementation that fans have requested, but something that is being pushed down our throats for ideological reasons. You still had your Lara Crofts, Blood Rayne, etc, but never to this effect.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Infinitron No joke, move it to RPG section. It's as much RPG as Vampyr or Fallout 4. And move Fallout 76 to general, it's not an rpg in slightest.

Jesus, I can't believe that it's true. Next AC is RPG, next Fallout is not.
:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom