Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - zombie survival with choice & consequence

Where are the Zombies???

sony-e3.png

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My biggest complain is not even Chris working on this game, but the shape he is in. I dunno, he almost looked sick. Time to hit the gym Chris.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Got strong Deux Ex Mankind Divided type of game vibe from that trailer, only in the zombie setting.

Interesting I guess.

Heretic

Cipher
This could actually be really good. Dying Light 1 had great gameplay but average writing and storytelling. If they keep the gameplay and improve the storytelling... This could be a very good game.

Vexxt

Educated
I enjoyed the first game - but really wasn't a fan of the setting. This new Eastern European setting looks awesome - and there's a nice jump in environmental detail. I'm hopeful

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Come to think of it, supposedly Techland has been also working on an open world fantasy action RPG-ish thing. If it's not canceled.

Obsidian Revenge Projects:

Pillars of Eternity 2 -> Pathfinder Kingmaker
The Outer Worlds -> Dying Light 2

More so if he's somehow involved with Starfield.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Chris looks vulnerable. I feel for him, man. He must have gone through a lot of personal/familial hardships lately.

Let's not diss MCA. I'm glad he can still keep landing contract work after Feargus and his hyena co-founders have so unfairly ousted him of Obsidian.

frajaq

Erudite
Let's not diss MCA. I'm glad he can still keep landing contract work after Feargus and his hyena co-founders have so unfairly ousted him of Obsidian.

I think he's gonna just be fine considering they brought him on-stage to speak at an E3 premiere, nothing to scoff at.
Meanwhile there's been 0 Obsidian presence, although the PC Gaming Show is coming later today...

Dodo1610

Arcane
Im happy, really enjoyed the first one despite it's boring plot. In my opinion it had great flow with the mix of climbing running und zombie killing. That fact that Chris Avellone now writes for them and adds C&C and dialogue choices to the game makes it one of the most interesting game of the E3. Although it is sad that a zombie game has now more RPG elements than Fallout.

Last edited:

Squid

Arbiter
I never beat Dying Light because I was too busy just running around killing things instead of worrying about the story because it was just another action open world story.

If I get this one, I might have to play the story lol.

Mazisky

Magister
I really enjoyed the first one, but the city looked like a fucking favela.

This time we got a classic and more pleasant european style city, it's pretty nice

Quillon

Arcane
Dying Light was like a Ubisoft open world action game and I always thought most of those games could have been way better if they were RPGs. Techland thought the same it seems.

lophiaspis

Arbiter
Although it is sad that a zombie game has now more RPG elements than Fallout.

Can we just leave Fallout alone already? We already have plenty of great games in that setting, which you could argue was already played out after the first game. Just enjoy the old games and ignore the declined ones. I'm more excited that we got both MCA and Cainarsky bringing their magic touch to new settings.

Squid

Arbiter
I'm more excited that we got both MCA and Cainarsky bringing their magic touch to new settings.
Same. And at this point the new Fallout game is nothing like the older ones, it's more of a brand than anything. I have no qualms with this anymore. It's a different thing and if they release something like Fallout 76 and you like the way it plays that's cool. If Fallout 76 was called something else, most of this forum wouldn't talk about it like we do. It's not a cRPG, from what I've heard I feel like it's Borderlands and Rust put together. Which I'm fine with, I might even enjoy it as a game that's not a RPG. I play other games besides RPGs, this is a survival shooter with RPG-lite elements which might be a lot of fun, we'll see. I just won't view it like I would Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Chris Avellone
It is wonderful to see that you finally are receiving the recognition you always deserved, and it's more awesome to see the concept of gameplay and narrative design blending together.
Let me give you a very fitting Italian encouragement:
In bocca al lupo per tutto.
:brodex:

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Chris Avellone
It is wonderful to see that you finally are receiving the recognition you always deserved, and it's more awesome to see the concept of gameplay and narrative design blending together.
Let me give you a very fitting Italian encouragement:
In bocca al lupo per tutto.
:brodex:

I had no idea you were such a brown nosing ass kisser. Judging by your normal activity I can only assume you're after something and this is some insidious ploy of some kind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom