Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2018 - Official Codex Thread - June 9th to 14th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Decline is so strong that you check upcoming RPGs and 90% of them is this jrpg trash.

Other 10 pole-a-mole easy stuff for casual games like Pillars of eternity 2.

Anyone who is over 11 and thinks C.R.P.G.s, with very few exceptions have good writing and characterization should rethink his education.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If you are older than 12 and still play Kingdom Hearts you really fucked up with you life choices.

If you play ANY anime and you're older than 13 ditto.
You do know that anime is like movies,it have different genres,right?

I love most of Ghibli movies, I love Ghost in the Shell. But everytime I watch them I'm very self-aware I'm a grown man watching animated movies. Doesn't matter if they're adult inside. They are still cartoons. Can't explain in any better, it's just slightly fucked up for adult people to watch cartoons.

Dunno, it's prolly a generational thing. Same as my old man thinking I'm a childish fool for playing vidyas. Maybe one day old men will all play with little purple ponies, dressed in pretty dresses, and nobody will see anything wrong with that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
About The Quiet Man, it's "an immersive story driven cinematic action experience seamlessly blending high-production live action, realistic CG and pulse-pounding action gameplay", developed by non other than Human Head Studios:

You missed the key part.

Embark on an adrenaline-fueled motion picture like experience which can be completed in one sitting.

The Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice model. Don't knock it till you've tried it!

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Dunno, it's prolly a generational thing. Same as my old man thinking I'm a childish fool for playing vidyas.

True to some extent. I see younger people today have way more of this "Yeah, I like X. What are YOU gonna do about it?" mentality about the shit they like. it mainly comes of as annoying and lacking self-awareness, but I guess that perception is part of the gap.

paintinggrey

Scholar
If you are older than 12 and still play Kingdom Hearts you really fucked up with you life choices.

I love most of Ghibli movies, I love Ghost in the Shell. But everytime I watch them I'm very self-aware I'm a grown man watching animated movies. Doesn't matter if they're adult inside. They are still cartoons. Can't explain in any better, it's just slightly fucked up for adult people to watch cartoons.

Dunno, it's prolly a generational thing. Same as my old man thinking I'm a childish fool for playing vidyas. Maybe one day old men will all play with little purple ponies, dressed in pretty dresses, and nobody will see anything wrong with that.

So it's fucked up to watch Archer, Venture Bros or Rick and Morty? you are missing out.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I get you mate,i too watch a lot of anime but can't stand all those wiabo faggots. I personally don't care how it is made,the brain behind is important to me. There are animes that a are a lot more....deep and though provoking than all the modern shit disguising as movies. My old man still calls me a retard for playing games and watching anime :),it is pretty generational thing. In my turn i call the kids around me a retards for being thumb fanatics and never raise their heads from the phone. People always see the old times as the better times.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
About The Quiet Man, it's "an immersive story driven cinematic action experience seamlessly blending high-production live action, realistic CG and pulse-pounding action gameplay", developed by non other than Human Head Studios:
I don't think I've ever read so many buzzwords in such a short sentence

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

BABYLON’S FALL is a brand-new, ground breaking project being developed in partnership with PlatinumGames Inc. It will release on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and STEAM® in 2019.

http://www.babylonsfall.com (there's nothing but logo and trailer)

DfbjVbgVAAITYc8.jpg

Fabulous glasses: party-based game!
Reality: 4 player co-op action

Suicidal

Arcane
Maybe it's gonna be something like Dragon's Dogma? Action game with 1 player and 3 NPCs you can throw off a cliff. Hopefully.

Devil May Cry 5 looked good, I have no idea why people are mistaking the game for the DmC remake, it appears that most people are complaining about the change of hairstyle which seems ridiculous to me. The artstyle looks great, so does the soundtrack. It's obvious that Nero will probably change style based on his arms and will have different abilities. I'm glad we are getting another DMC5 developed by Itsuno, as long as it is an evolution of the mechanics of 4 with the pre-NA patch DMC3 difficulty (not likely) then I see myself enjoying it.

I don't think they should have shown TES:VI this early, they should have built more excitement. The reveal of the logo in the video was done too quick, the music didn't sync, and so did the color of the font.

Cyberpunk looks great but I don't know how it plays so I can't judge it. One thing for sure is how they showed footage in daylight, that is a bold move when you want to show anything Cyberpunk.

Sekiro is along the lines of the Soulsborne games with a Edo-Tokyo setting. I wouldn't mind this since I like this setting, hopefully with Miyazaki at the helm we will see good level design. I'm playing Nioh at the moment and while the game is generally good, it has it's flaws.

Starfield. I see people hyping this up even though we have no clue what it is, this how it starts. And it usually ends with disappointment.

I get you mate,i too watch a lot of anime but can't stand all those wiabo faggots. I personally don't care how it is made,the brain behind is important to me. There are animes that a are a lot more....deep and though provoking than all the modern shit disguising as movies. My old man still calls me a retard for playing games and watching anime :),it is pretty generational thing. In my turn i call the kids around me a retards for being thumb fanatics and never raise their heads from the phone. People always see the old times as the better times.
Here is what I think, someone can correct me because my memory might fail me when thinking about anime since I wasn't really that big into, although I did watch my share of them. The good anime shows was made around a time when the internet wasn't as popular and the medium was not as popular in the West. Thus, most well crafted anime like Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Ghost in the Shell, Rurouni Kenshin, Area 88, etc, didn't get the spotlight they deserve. When someone speaks of anime today, they think of an overly simplistic brightly lit style of cartoon that usually have the male characters acting in a feminized fashion with an already flamboyant hairstyle that easily attracts angsty teenagers and somewhat secluded kids. Not to mention that the theme of the stories presented aren't exactly well written. So it tends to turn people off real quick.

paintinggrey

Scholar

Here is what I think, someone can correct me because my memory might fail me when thinking about anime since I wasn't really that big into, although I did watch my share of them. The good anime shows was made around a time when the internet wasn't as popular and the medium was not as popular in the West. Thus, most well crafted anime like Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Ghost in the Shell, Rurouni Kenshin, Area 88, etc, didn't get the spotlight they deserve. When someone speaks of anime today, they think of an overly simplistic brightly lit style of cartoon that usually have the male characters acting in a feminized fashion with an already flamboyant hairstyle that easily attracts angsty teenagers and somewhat secluded kids. Not to mention that the theme of the stories presented aren't exactly well written. So it tends to turn people off real quick.

In anime, you have shit ton of trash shows with 3-4 quality ones. The same as tv series, for every 30 shitty series, you get 1-2 quality show. It's the same with every entertainment medium.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I have disgust of anime beceause it looks as if it was made for horny teenagers who have no dignity. Are there any anime that have decent story and don't have that pathetic focus on sexaulity?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Same could be told about every entertainment,when i hear movie the first thing that come to mind is "Oh no,another soulless retarded marvel movie." At least i am yet to see an anime with big plotholes. I have stopped watching hollywood movies for past 10 years,they are made by absolute retards for even bigger retards.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have disgust of anime beceause it looks as if it was made for horny teenagers who have no dignity. Are there any anime that have decent story and don't have that pathetic focus on sexaulity?

Studio Ghibli shit is genuinely amazing. Especially Porco Rosso, Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle left me speechless. Not a big anime expert but sadly, these gems seem to be rare.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Beepop, but mostly because their very westernized, they don't have that disgusting pedophile jail-bait look to them and their actually funny at times.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Studio Ghibli shit is genuinely amazing. Especially Porco Rosso, Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle left me speechless. Not a big anime expert but sadly, these gems seem to be rare.
Yeah,they don't make it as they use to ;). We won't get another Cowboy Bebop,GTO or Galactic heroes.

paintinggrey

Scholar

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, Rainbow, Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit, Terra e, Star Blazers 2199, Haibane Renmei, Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, monster , Most of the Ghibli films and load more really good ones.

Nathir

Liturgist

Watch Jojo's Bizarre adventure (the old one), HunterxHunter (the old one), Fist of the north star, Cowboy Bebop, Ninja Scroll, Redline, Legends of the galactic heroes.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Beepop, but mostly because their very westernized, they don't have that disgusting pedophile jail-bait look to them and their actually funny at times.
Yeah the older animes are very westernised,strangely they are more western than the west was during that time.

The most actually mature and iteresting anime that i have watched is "Master Keaton",it is about a former SAS commando that is working for Lloyds as insurance inspector for dangerous cases. I haven't watched a bad episode of the anime,it feels like it is written by real humans. Would recommend it to anyone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom