Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls: Blades - free to play, first-person RPG for mobile platforms

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I mean, in principle I kind of like the idea for a big rich publisher trying to make a full-blown AAA mobile game, just to see what they can do with it.

This though, hard pass.

Ravness

Educated
It's a pretty good guess that the town building would be like the "Garrisons" you see from WoW: Warlords of Draenor other mobile games, just shallow

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So how many microtransactions per microsecond does it have?

F2P mobile games are done to be played a couple of minutes every day at the most. With that in mind, you don't really need to pay if it's F2P.
I've been playing Clash of Clans for more than a year now without spending a single buck.

Wait and see. Those games are to be judged with different standards.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://bethesda.net/en/article/2mJn49yqUQmqGaYqiW2kKS/the-elder-scrolls-blades-revealed

The Elder Scrolls: Blades Revealed

Take the Elder Scrolls anywhere you go with The Elder Scrolls: Blades.

Revealed during the 2018 Bethesda E3 Showcase, Blades is an all-new Elder Scrolls game from Bethesda Game Studios. Launching in fall 2018, Blades will be free-to-play on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Additionally, pre-registration is now open for a chance to try the game in Early Access prior to its launch later this year!

BLADES_in-body_Town_960x540.jpg

A MASSIVE, FIRST PERSON ROLE PLAYING GAME CREATED FOR MOBILE.
In The Elder Scrolls: Blades you are member of the ancient order of the Blades. Forced into exile, you seek refuge in your remote hometown only to find it reduced to rubble. Now, it’s up to you to restore your town back to its former glory.

BLADES_in-body_Wight_960x540.jpg

Blades contains the many hallmarks Elder Scrolls fans enjoy from the franchise – beautifully rendered, console-quality environments, powerful magic, tons of gear to collect, upgradeable skills and of course, real-time fantasy battles! Fights are settled using the touchscreen to slash your sword, deflect oncoming attacks, cast a mighty bolt of lightning and more.

QUEST. CREATE. CONQUER.
Restoring your town will take more than tools and materials. It also needs your guidance! As you rebuild your surroundings, you will also be able to customize your city as you choose.

Consider yourself the superior Blade? Prove it in the Arena! Blades features one-on-one combat where you deflect enemy attacks in real time while dishing out some of your own.

BLADES_in-body_arena_960x540.jpg

For those seeking a daunting challenge, Blades also features the Abyss – an infinitely replayable mode in which daring heroes push their limits floor after floor in a never-ending dungeon, where enemies become deadlier and deadlier as you progress.

YOUR ADVENTURE, YOUR WAY
Whether you’re journeying through the single-player campaign, going for your personal best in the Abyss or striking down real-world challengers in the Arena, Blades features multiple ways to play – both in terms of your hero and your personal control preferences.

Blades supports both a two-handed landscape control scheme and a one-handed portrait setup, should you need a free hand to enjoy a cup of coffee or discreetly slay some goblins during a dull meeting. All you have to do is rotate your device!

BLADES_in-body_Forest_960x540.jpg

Ready to begin your quest as a Blade? Pre-register online between Sunday, June 10, and Friday, June 15, for a chance to be part of The Elder Scrolls: Blades’ Early Access program and to receive an exclusive sword and helmet! Visit PlayBlades.com today to learn more about how you can be among the first to try the game before its public launch later this year.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
F2P mobile games are done to be played a couple of minutes every day at the most. With that in mind, you don't really need to pay if it's F2P.
I've been playing Clash of Clans for more than a year now without spending a single buck.

Try Clash Royale, if you want to grab all the free stuff, it becomes a chore every day.

xav

Barely Literate
Looks like an inoffensive enough time-filler for if you get stuck at the airport or some shit.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Free? Is that a too good to be true scenario where there are hidden costs later on? I’m a tad skeptical on free.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's going to be great.
At the very least, the gameplay presentation during the game's unveiling made more sense than FO76's.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Android devices? Oh fucking bleh again with the phones. Shit, fuck, cunt $&@$&&$&$!!!!

Just ram a barbed telephone pole between thine eyes while holding onto a branding iron; is this the fuck nutz of the future? PHONE GAMING!?!?!

You know, just put 76 on the old retard phone too while they’re at it. Every company now... just be a bitch and make the fucking switch.

Not like PCs are good for anything. That new XBOX VR implant, PS5, Nintendo bitch? Chuck em.

YOU GOTZ PHONE!!!
Blizzard-Diablo-Team-Booed-At-Blizzcon-2018.jpg

Fucking Cheap arsed Chinese cuck-tard!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I lose interest so fast in new updates that I don’t know anymore. Is ALF still on the boobtoob?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It was delayed for one reason or another.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom