Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda E3 2018 Press Conference: Fallout 76, Starfield, The Elder Scrolls VI

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Arkane Studios; Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 76; Prey (Arkane Studios); Prey: Mooncrash; Starfield; The Elder Scrolls VI

Bethesda had a tough act to follow after Microsoft's press conference at E3 yesterday. Yes, they revealed details on Fallout 76, which it turns out is indeed an "entirely online" multiplayer base-building game, just like Kotaku's Jason Schreier said it would be. As far as I'm concerned, this will be the last time you ever read about it on the Codex front page. They also announced The Elder Scrolls: Blades, a free-to-play Elder Scrolls RPG for mobile devices coming later this year. And there was a trailer for the recently released The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset expansion, and a console release for The Elder Scrolls: Legends card game. Oh, a Skyrim port for the Amazon Alexa, but that's just a joke, I think.

But it didn't end there. Whether because they felt they were at risk of angering their core fanbase with all of that multiplayer stuff (#SavePlayer1, amirite?) or because they thought they needed to reveal even more after Microsoft's bonanza, Bethesda decided to do something unusual this year. They officially announced not just Starfield, the mysterious space RPG that has been a topic of speculation since Zenimax trademarked it back in 2013, but also The Elder Scrolls VI, a still unsubtitled sequel to Bethesda's flagship series. Of those two, Starfield will come first, but both titles appear to be years away from release. These short teaser trailers are probably all we'll be seeing of them in the near future:

On the non-BGS side, there's a new Rage, a new Doom and a new Wolfenstein, but the most interesting announcement is the new "roguelike mode" DLC for Prey entitled Prey: Mooncrash, released today alongside a free update that adds a hardcore Survival Mode to the game. Prey is also getting a multiplayer mode called Typhon Hunter later this year. I guess it's nice that Bethesda are still willing to invest in the game despite its commercial disappointment.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
This how it looks on main page in my browser:
YvkY2DQ.jpg
Seems my browser very balanced :balance:
UfN7iEH

Diggfinger

Arcane
Tags: Arkane Studios; Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 76; Prey (Arkane Studios); Prey: Mooncrash; Starfield; The Elder Scrolls VI

Bethesda had a tough act to follow after Microsoft's press conference at E3 yesterday. Yes, they revealed details on Fallout 76, which it turns out is indeed an "entirely online" multiplayer base-building game, just like Kotaku's Jason Schreier said it would be. As far as I'm concerned, this will be the last time you ever read about it on the Codex front page. .

:love::salute:

Bocian

Arcane

Bethesda had a tough act to follow after Microsoft's press conference at E3 yesterday. Yes, they revealed details on Fallout 76, which it turns out is indeed an "entirely online" multiplayer base-building game, just like Kotaku's Jason Schreier said it would be. As far as I'm concerned, this will be the last time you ever read about it on the Codex front page. .

rating_citation.png

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
To be fair... the presentation says Fallout 76 can be played entirely solo.
So, there's that. You don't have to have other players around you.

However, I'm fairly certain it will be horrible anyway. You can't design a game around multiplayer and then have it be great just solo (or the other way around).
Maybe it will be a serviceable FPS?

The worst news, however, is that it seems they will no longer provide good modding support for upcoming games. Or at least not free one.
Guess that means no Enderal sequel using ES VI engine. Too bad, it's a pretty cool game.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is probably a bit of a controversial opinion to have on a RPG webzone as I know their games are critical and commercial successes, but I haven't enjoyed a Bethesda title for quite some time now. Even the ones I enjoyed aren't favourites that I'll eagerly replay or anything, just thought they were sort of okay. Thanks for reading.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So what parts of Disco Elysium made you make sure we can no longer read about it on the Codex front page?
It neither has base building or MP...

ArchAngel

Arcane
To be fair... the presentation says Fallout 76 can be played entirely solo.
So, there's that. You don't have to have other players around you.

However, I'm fairly certain it will be horrible anyway. You can't design a game around multiplayer and then have it be great just solo (or the other way around).
Maybe it will be a serviceable FPS?

The worst news, however, is that it seems they will no longer provide good modding support for upcoming games. Or at least not free one.
Guess that means no Enderal sequel using ES VI engine. Too bad, it's a pretty cool game.
I am not sure how solo you will feel when someone nukes your settlement :P

a cut of domestic sheep prime

summary of the evening: fallout battle royal beta, a cell phone game and two title screens
lmao

oh and the rage/prey/doom stuff. meh.

Flou

Arbiter
Naturally Bethesda just had to do a prequel "to all Fallout games". Motherfuckers.
Only Todd Howard would think having actual fucking nukes in the game that you can launch, fits the theme of the game perfectly. You think they can't be more retarded and bam, they come up with something new and "kool".

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I like Bethesda, they gave me Daggerfall and Morrowind so they held a special place on my heart for that... plus their Gamebryo engine allowed New Vegas to be made
But this has gone far enough, if anybody thought that Interplay tried to milk the Fallout name before this is even worse with a fucking MMO, Interplay must be rolling on their grave
Please I don’t care about that shit no more, I can safely replay New Vegas till the end of time if I get the itch but no more Fallout news please just let it die already at least on this site

Andhaira

Arcane
Bet TES 6 will be set in the land of Khajits just to troll the codex. Furry Fags will lap it right up.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I love how "teasers" in the CURRENT_YEAR don't show one second or give one single fact about the game :thumbsup:

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
It takes 5 months to make AAAs, especially one of Bethesdurs's day one purchases, so they haven't even started.

Shin

Cipher
If Starfield is Gamebryo again I'm going to laugh so hard. One would have thought that post-Skyrim Bethsoft would've figured out that they might need a new fucking engine.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I was actually pleasantly surprised that Todd poked some fun at themselves (Skyrim on Fridges!) and even himself personally (It just works! Sometimes it doesn't just work). I dislike many of their design/lore choices as much as the next codexer, but Todd at least appeared quite human this time.

Fallout 76 is still cancer obviously.

If Starfield is Gamebryo again I'm going to laugh so hard. One would have thought that post-Skyrim Bethsoft would've figured out that they might need a new fucking engine.

I expect them to just keep improving it forever. They like those tools of theirs too much to give it up, plus the benefits of modding are too huge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom