Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Syme

Arbiter
Except for that half-faced lady the concept art doesn't feel special at all. .

I think the car looks pretty fucking amazing, it's like a cross between a DeTomaso Pantera and a Ferrari Testarossa. I would drive that shit IRL as unapologetically as a divorce lawyer drives his all-chrome Lamborghini.

Squid

Arbiter
34 minutes for a trailer of 1 minute and 40 seconds.
Lmao, wow. Just wait until we get 20 minute videos for the snippet we saw of The Elder Scrolls VI that just showed a landscape and gave no other information.

frajaq

Erudite
rlif957.jpg

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Cool trailer, but i'm surprised they went with the direction they did.

The trailer gives strong vibes of GTA 5/GTA 2077 meets Deux Ex Mankind Divided, meets Watch Dogs 1/2.

I don't really mind open world games, but I thought the game would be different.

We'll see @the gameplay I guess.

Abhay

Augur
C'mon, meets GTA???? I can't understand what's the problem with rpgcodex that they have to mock and find something to complain about every game.

The trailer looks absolutely badass. I don't see any reason to compare it with GTA. If anything, the game feels a lot different than the boring GTAs Rockstar makes these days. Just looking at every details in the trailer that went into making the open world feels so brilliant.
Pre-order on day one confirmed.
Take my money CDPR.
I am so excited to play this game.

Gerrard

Arcane
Looking at some of the screenshots, the game doesn't really appear to look any better than GTAV.
While I like the tone in trailer waiting for the game killed what little interest I had. I can understand why they don't want to give exact release window but not an even 2019 call?
Come on...
It won't be out in 2019. They haven't even started any marketing hype, no bullshit PR, etc.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Gotta love all the buttmad poseurs. Fags like you never punk, not even once.

BTW, why should future be dirty? Cleaning/Recycling killbots that take care of the hobos are the future, coming soon to a San Francisco near you. Also corpofascist nanolayer paints that resist all paint and stickers.

4. Microtransactions?
In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

i loled hard at this pr bullshit. as if microtransactions were standard in crpgs in 2018. good guys from potatoeland fighting the good fight for us customers :roll:

all i got from the trailer is that we can expect massive graphic downgrades and massive delays. same shit as witcher 3.

its going to be another AAA GTA wannabe with shallow gameplay only this time with guns instead of swords. quests and c&c are going to be again shitty binary choices between asshole questgiver and asshole villain but everybody will slurp that shit because muhh mature writting:roll:

quest compass, some kind of witcher sense, awfull combat, shitty character system and itemizations and 15 hours of cutscenes are almost certain. codex GOTY 2021:dance:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gotta love all the buttmad poseurs. Fags like you never punk, not even once.

BTW, why should future be dirty? Cleaning/Recycling killbots that take care of the hobos are the future, coming soon to a San Francisco near you. Also corpofascist nanolayer paints that resist all paint and stickers.
In the corp zone, perhaps. Not on warzone.

Sentinel

Arcane
4. Microtransactions?
In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

i loled hard at this pr bullshit. as if microtransactions were standard in crpgs in 2018. good guys from potatoeland fighting the good fight for us customers :roll:

all i got from the trailer is that we can expect massive graphic downgrades and massive delays. same shit as witcher 3.

its going to be another AAA GTA wannabe with shallow gameplay only this time with guns instead of swords. quests and c&c are going to be again shitty binary choices between asshole questgiver and asshole villain but everybody will slurp that shit because muhh mature writting:roll:

quest compass, some kind of witcher sense, awfull combat, shitty character system and itemizations and 15 hours of cutscenes are almost certain. codex GOTY 2021:dance:
waow
buzzwords, outrage at a game with no info, "everything is shit mentality", claims CDPR makes cRPGs, compares it to GTA, even bad spelling as the cherry on top. Love it. Keep up the good work.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
C'mon, meets GTA???? I can't understand what's the problem with rpgcodex that they have to mock and find something to complain about every game.

The trailer looks absolutely badass. I don't see any reason to compare it with GTA. If anything, the game feels a lot different than the boring GTAs Rockstar makes these days. Just looking at every details in the trailer that went into making the open world feels so brilliant.
Pre-order on day one confirmed.
Take my money CDPR.
I am so excited to play this game.
mock all we want in the end we still play the shit outta thew3 shit
Rpgcodexsteamgroupplayingfallout4.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
I am starting to feel people who said they have problem with art they probably want Blade Runner and probably never heard of Cyberpunk in first place.

I am also willing to bet that if they would show night trailer people would be saying "Blade Runner rip-off lol" lol generic cuberpunk game.

Lindire

Novice
mock all we want in the end we still play the shit outta thew3 shit
Rpgcodexsteamgroupplayingfallout4.jpg

This. No one in their right mind would expect anything other than popamole from CDPR, especially after they saw the $$$ they get for going that route with TW3.

The neon LA 80s vibe looks a bit too cartoonish, but, hey, if you wear that ridiculous neon-glowing trenchcoat for the night, you better own it by day as well.

So the visuals non-withstanding, I'm interested to know whether the PnP ruleset would at all even be possible with the GTA type experience this is looking out to be, anyone familiar with the PnP Cyberpunk care to chime in?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The first trailer is a work of art. This one is fart meh and generic.

But again. It's still just a dumb trailer. We still know jack fucking squat about the game.

KK1001

Arbiter
I'm holding in my despair for whatever they show the Dorito Pope on Tuesday.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom