Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Trailer felt like it was in the same style as Chappie/Elysium/District 9. Basically Neill Blomkamp cyberpunk.

Xzar

Augur
Okay.. I guess I will be playing (or trying to play) bio-supremacist, anti-tech revanchist, pro-corp character in this game. Too many proletarians in this trailer for my liking, not enough Marilyn Monroes. Is there such thing as pro-cloning anti-hardware corp in this setting?

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
I was hyped for Cyberpunk 2077 and now it looks like it has gone full console, bright, nothing like the original concepts or design. Was hoping for something akin to making my own character, and we are stuck with this guy who is not a Geralt, but somehow is because apparently PnP RPG character making means nothing despite what the game is based on. Fucking CD Projekt. Decline continues. The sad part is, it still seems better than anything else shown at E3 (or "revealed") so far, which isn't saying much. Looking at lots of cut content or stuff scrapped very early on.

NullFlow

Savant
While I found the trailer veered far too much to the GTA marketing style, I have nothing really against its art design. The PnP was always an in-your-face, glam 80s rock punk style and Pondsmith made an effort to stray from Blade Runner styled "Neon lights, rainy nights".

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
The protagonist sounds annoying as fuck.

I will agree to this, although I think it's more like he comes off as cocky nondescript guy. Maybe it's just poor delivery or intentional "he's not monotone Geralt 2.0" they're going for? Dunno.

I was hyped for Cyberpunk 2077 and now it looks like it has gone full console, bright, nothing like the original concepts or design. Was hoping for something akin to making my own character, and we are stuck with this guy who is not a Geralt, but somehow is because apparently PnP RPG character making means nothing despite what the game is based on. Fucking CD Projekt. Decline continues. The sad part is, it still seems better than anything else shown at E3 (or "revealed") so far, which isn't saying much. Looking at lots of cut content or stuff scrapped very early on.

You might want to read up about E3 info first. They could have put that stuff about character creation out in the open rather than hiding it in a secret message, though. Then again they also feel the need to reassure us this is, in fact, still an RPG in that message as well.

KK1001

Arbiter
The GTA comparison is obvious: the trailer is cut exactly like the GTAV trailer.

That's literally it.

Ivan

Arcane

820.jpeg

Curratum

This trailer means absolutely nothing. It worries me that they won't even put "Coming 2019" in there, because under my metrics and guesstimations, the game is already in development hell.

And yes, this is going to be GTA V with a sprinkling of well-written dialogue and a bit of NuDeusEx rpg mechanics, don't get your hopes too high.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah. Stop speculating.

I am unfamiliar with the Cyberpunk RPG lore, but has it been established that it was dark and gritty ?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I think they will show gameplay behind closed doors, similarly to how they did with Witcher 3, so we should expect some leaks soon enough, if not immediatly after E3 charade is over

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
This trailer means absolutely nothing. It worries me that they won't even put "Coming 2019" in there, because under my metrics and guesstimations, the game is already in development hell.

And yes, this is going to be GTA V with a sprinkling of well-written dialogue and a bit of NuDeusEx rpg mechanics, don't get your hopes too high.

Witcher 3 was a walking simulator or even Skyrim-with-dialogues. I am not expecting anything from CD Projekt gameplay wise. They never delivered on that front (besides Gwent.)).

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah. Stop speculating.

I am unfamiliar with the Cyberpunk RPG lore, but has it been established that it was dark and gritty ?

Not really, only thing that so far it got "wrong" are blue skies.
BUT people are basing it on 2020 which is wrong to assume because this is 2077 not 2020 and via Pondsmith words 2077 is a bit different.

Mustawd

I mean at the end of the day it’s a trailer. What’s concerning is that it’s shittier, IMO, to the original from years ago.

I’ll withhold judgment till I see gameplay.

Recent trailer sucked tho...

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
I mean at the end of the day it’s a trailer. What’s concerning is that it’s shittier, IMO, to the original from years ago.

I’ll withhold judgment till I see gameplay.

Recent trailer sucked tho...

Are you seriouly comparing pre-rendered and in-engine trailers ?

Sentinel

Arcane
What the fuck is GTA style gameplay and why is everyone suddenly hammering on this? We've known
Yeah. Stop speculating.

No. Cyberpunk 2020 focuses a lot on the Punk part. Autists wanted Blade Runner RPG despite CDPR saying 5 years ago that they're not making a Blade Runner RPG. It still has night time & weather system though.

Sentinel

Arcane
I don't get why people are saying it's GTA now. What new info do we have that suddenly makes it a GTA clone? Vehicles, open world & guns aren't exactly new info.

Doktor Best

Arcane
FUCK YOU CDPR! I WANTED AN OPENWORLD RPG WHERE ITS DARK AND RAINING 24/7 AND EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER WEARS A TRENCH COAT AND IS CHAINSMOKING!

ALSO THIS CLEARLY IS GTA! I MEAN WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT BUT IT IS MY RIGHT TO BE UPSET BECAUSE I SUFFERED THROUGH THE MICROSOFT CONFERENCE!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom