Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2018 - Official Codex Thread - June 9th to 14th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lets all be honest, we all waiting for From Software Shadows Die Twice.

This is so obviously a Tenchu game. I want to see Bloodborne 2. GODDAMNIT.

If this isn't a Tenchu game, I will throw a pizza party for the Codex.

ETA: For real, put this shit on the front page.

I'm a man of my word, I owe the Codex some pizza. Let's get it going.
Just admit that you want to make friends in real life.

At second viewing, that DMC trailer looks similar to DMC4. The guy in that is not Dante, but Nero, so there is a hope the real Dante returns. So, I'm taking a deep breath, calm down, and hope for the best.

Part of the DMC5 leak was it had Dante, Nero, and Vergil. Trailer focuses on Nero, shows Dante at the end, and person in silhouette that took Nero's arm looks like some versions of Vergil.

The promotional art that was on one of the screens when Hideaki Itsuno was out there looked like it was Nero, Vergil, and Dante as well.

devil-may-cry-5.jpg

Doesn't look very Vergil when not in Devil Trigger

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
At second viewing, that DMC trailer looks similar to DMC4. The guy in that is not Dante, but Nero, so there is a hope the real Dante returns. So, I'm taking a deep breath, calm down, and hope for the best.

Part of the DMC5 leak was it had Dante, Nero, and Vergil. Trailer focuses on Nero, shows Dante at the end, and person in silhouette that took Nero's arm looks like some versions of Vergil.

The promotional art that was on one of the screens when Hideaki Itsuno was out there looked like it was Nero, Vergil, and Dante as well.

devil-may-cry-5.jpg

Who is the dark haired guy? New character?

devil-may-cry-5.jpg

Who is the dark haired guy? New character?

Seems he's someone new. Looked back at the leak for this and it says:

• A third character is expected to be playable as well. Said to be “very powerful.” May or may not be brand new to the series.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Why don't developers upload demos anymore?
Specially E3 demos seem ideal to be definitive game demos (considering they show only the very best the game has to offer).

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I didn't watch the conference last night because it was 3am where I live, and damn...

I think Cyberpunk 2077 looks good aesthetically actually, it's not as bleak as Blade Runner, does show the "punk" side that belong to slumdogs and criminal undergrounds. These concepts don't look terribly unique but damn it did reinforce the tone well.

I don't see how people associate DMC5 with DmC, what am I missing? This franchise has always had a really nice balance between energetic spirit and melodrama since 3, the DMC5 trailer edged a bit to the former but it's no way at all cringey like DmC, Nero isn't obviously an edgy teenager and retains a bit of Dante's quips, while the girl genuinely looks like she's having fun with whatever's happening. I'm a huge fan of this franchise and gotta say I'm not disappointed at all. I didn't like Nero from the last game but damn I just realized I miss this kid.

I liked Dying Light a lot so MCA involvement with the second game is a huge plus, say whatever you want about generic zombie apocalypse genre but DL was genuinely one of the better popamole games out there, it's worth playing for parkour alone, it chains amazingly well with first person melee combat.

Still :bounce: about Metro Exodus.

Kinda disappointed about Forza Horizon 4 taking place in Britain since there was a lot of leaks about Japan setting, oh well.

Vexxt

Educated
Aesthetically Cyberpunk is on-point - amazing design and cohesion. Hoping to see actual gameplay though...

Exodus looks unreal to me - I'm so excited for that game.

Dexter

Arcane
Microsoft:

New Halo, don't care but cool.
A Sequel to Ori, this looks Sweet!
Wapanese God of War from From? Also looks cool.
The Toddler is here to show off Nu-Fallout, he's saying he's My Friend.
FallObst76, looks slightly interesting I guess, still no Gameplay or what it's really about.
SqueeNix Autism Sim...
ShitDown 3 with an Annoying sounding Terry Crews...
Metro looks... Eh, very Consolized and "Fallout"-y
Wapanese Autism Simulator III, now with Frozen, Hurk and Woody from Toy Story, BUY OUR PRODUCTS!
lolSeaofThieves, didn't that turn out to be Shovelware?
Fagina 5: Baddlefield Royale, Now With Moar Historicity™!
Car Shit, with DIVERSE PPL!
MicroShit Acquisitions of unknown or barely known studios so they can bury them. lolWeHappyFew
PUBG-looking Shitter...
Animu on XBone

The Division is in Washington D.C. now with mostly masked enemies? Shooting Black Rioters on the streets of New York too Controversial for UbiShit in the Current Year? Also PEOPLE DON'T TALK LIKE THAT AND WILL NEVER PLAY YOUR SHOOTING GAME TO GENDER PARITY. STOP PRETENDING, JUST CALL THE GUY A FUCKING FAGGOT ALREADY AND TELL THAT ASSHOLE TO STOP SMELLING FLOWERS AND MOVE FFS!

lol MicroShit wants to turn into the Netflix of Gayming with NOGAEMS
Some interesting Indie games in there
LOLWTFISTHIS, WHYDOTHEYKEEPMAKINGTOMBRAIDERSHITTIERWITHEVERYFUCKINGTITLETHISISN'TUNCHARTEDYOUDUMBMONGOSWTF?
lol Skating, this ain't the 90s and early 00s anymore.
Black Desert looked interesting, but ain't that like some older MMO?
HAHAHA, good thing that I was never a DMC fan.
Animu Crossover game in 3D? What a stupid name, Jump Force?

Dying Light 2 actually looks good, need to play through the first in CoOp first though. Dead Island was a good CoOp game. With MOAR CHOICES & PARKOUR NAO! HOLY SHIT, CHRIS AVELLONE! HYPE! C&C MOTHAFUCKA!

BATTLETOADS! Wait, Cartoony? No Gameplay? WTF?
Just Cause 4? But I didn't even play Just Cause 3 yet... this all looks very familiar.

GEARS OF WAR! HAHA, IT'S CARTOON MOBILE SHIT, PSYCHE! KKKOALITION Wait, Turn-based Gears Tactics? Codex GOTY? Gears 5 after all. :lol: LOL, WOMYNZ MC with Colored hair and Piercings, PSYCHE!

GAMING IS NOW AT IT'S MOST VIBRANT, WHERE CAN WE TAKE GAMING NEXT? XBAWKS, TEH FUTURE OF GAMING AI WITH CLOWD! :lol::lol::lol:

ZOMG, CYBERPUNK2077 HYPE! Looks like a very different mood than I expected and no Vertical Gameplay (or any actual Gameplay) shown yet. Still, how far CDProjekt has come from the days of The Witcher, the disaster between Witcher 2 vs. Dragon Age 2, then breaking it big with Witcher 3 and now closing the MicroShit Conference and taking Bethpizda Head-On nao while everyone is laughing about BioWare like it's the retarded kid drooling out of his mouth at the table.

At least MicroShit largely showed what people tuned in for and didn't waste people's time too much, even if parts were shit.

Last edited:

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Cyberpunk 2077 trailer looked amazing, but all "gameplay" trailers at E3 are lies and all nongameplay trailers are usually even worse.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hahahaha another metokur stream,that guy is a great troll but it have shit taste in games. This one is on Bethesda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom