Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daedalic The best Daedalic adventure games?

Your favorite Daedalic adventure games?

• Edna & Harvey: The Breakout (2008)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • The Whispered World (2009)

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • A New Beginning (2011)

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (2012)

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Deponia (2012)

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav (2012)

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Chaos on Deponia (2012)

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • The Night of the Rabbit (2013)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • The Dark Eye: Memoria (2013)

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • Goodbye Deponia (2013)

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Journey of a Roach (2013)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 1954: Alcatraz (2014)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire (2015)

• Anna's Quest (2015)

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Deponia Doomsday (2016)

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Silence: The Whispered World 2 (2016)

• Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth (2017)

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Boleskine

Arcane
Deadalic is dead as far as many are concerned, so it's time to honor their memory and vote on the best adventure games they developed.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
My favouritest Daedalic game by far is Memoria. It might even be the best AG of the last 15 years for me. Harvey's New Eyes is also supercool, and Chaos on Deponia is prob the best of the Deponia series, although it's a close call between it and the first game tbh.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I see Memoria is in the first place so far,I played Chains of Satinav but found it meh and didn't bother with the sequel, is it worth a try if I didn't like Chains that much?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The first two Deponia games are the best ones imo. Memoria is nice too, though a bit on the easier side.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Objectively, Chaos on Deponia is the best one.

However, my personal favourite is Edna & Harvey: the Breakout. 'cause it has massive amounts of interactivity and the old-school verb system.
edna-and-harvery-interactions.jpg

Sòren

Arcane
chains of satinav. there was something about the beauty of backgrounds and the simplicity of the story that i haven't seen in any other game.

Ivan

Arcane
Currently playing Memoria is and it's fucking awesome, albeit linear. Gorgeous art, strong female protagonist, and great VO.

Ivan

Arcane
Playing through Anna's Quest and it's been a very solid experience thus far. The introduction was loooooooooooooooong and pretty boring. Picks up after Act I. There's an easter egg promoting The Devil's Men

C320FF94DF18B990AD3D4F1A09CFD65119CE612B

:negative:

Ivan

Arcane
Wrapped up Anna's Quest: a very solid adv game that's definitely on the easy side. I think it's one I will recommend to my nephew, since dark humor aside,it's pretty tame and kid friendly. I did feel like they wanted to expand the end more, given just how much gameplay there is with the other character.

If I dug this, should I give Whispered World and Night of the Rabbit a go? Are those more or less of the same quality?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dunno about Night of the Rabbit, but I highly recommend against playing The Whispered World. For some weird-ass reason people seem to hold it in high regard, but I thought it was just an endless slog of sliding tile puzzles and the like.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I'd say the two games are harder than Anna's quest. I think Anna's Quest was funnier than the two other games. The tone of Night of the rabbit is a bit different from the tone of Anna's Quest and Sadwick, it's more cute than humourous. I particularly liked Night of the rabbit because of a big section (puzzle-wise what happens next is almost anticlimatic compared with it).

The Whispered World is not for everyone but its mixture of melancholy and humor goes really well with my simple Slavic soul.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Tbh I think most Daedalic games are cringe. And the humor is very, very German. The best is probably Memoria but it's also not up to the best of the genre.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom