Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anno 1800

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yep, since 1404 Annos have always been the best looking strategy games on the market.

This series has become my absolute favourite, above even Civilization and other 4Xs. It's just perfect for my needs and tastes. Too bad the last installment was such a phone-in. Looking fwd to a grorious return to form.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Guys, I have never played any Anno game - which one is the best?

As for the richness of gameplay, mechanics, features and number of moving parts definitely 2070. The aesthetics is just average tho and it's sci-fi which isn't ideal for everyone.

A lot of people prefer 1404 mostly because of the amazing, fairytale-like aesthetics and historical theme.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
RELEASE DATE:Fall 2019
1aPbnxsGO7F5jaZj3BZglXzmm8tYpo7CtD34mZNkaLM.jpg

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Link with The Settlers, UbisoftDE gets more videos than the English speaking channels:

The game now has a planning mode, in which you can place buildings even if you don't have the resources yet.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Pitchforks and torches are raised in the German fandom: The developer didn't rule out micro transactions in an interview and said, it's something the are actively looking into.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Pitchforks and torches are raised in the German fandom: The developer didn't rule out micro transactions in an interview and said, it's something the are actively looking into.

Sigh, even you BlueByte?

Then again Paradox' grand strats have had quasi-MTX since forever and the Paradox fans kindda accepted that, hopefully it won't be too bad.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just got into the closed beta. Game is already pre-loaded and waited to be played on 27th Nov. No idea why they picked me, I signed up just for shits and giggles. I'm guessing they just shotgunned the invi to a lot of randos without any real picking and choosing. Had to sign an NDA tho so I can't share no pictures or videos or shit but I'll post general impressions - great, good, bad, Fallout76 garbage and such, I think that's fine.

J1M

Arcane
Thanks mate, bought 1404 on GoG, it is cheap as fuck.
That's the best one. In 2070 some things are simplified so they can provide the novel experience of managing several cities in real-time. I understand why it "made sense" to innovate in this direction, and the scope can be impressive at times, but I prefer to work on a single map at a time.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That's the best one. In 2070 some things are simplified so they can provide the novel experience of managing several cities in real-time.

You're talking about 2205 here. For me Anno 2070 was the best bc of the most content, features, options etc. But it wasn't as pretty and charming and historical as 1404 so most people prefer 1404 I think.

J1M

Arcane
That's the best one. In 2070 some things are simplified so they can provide the novel experience of managing several cities in real-time.

You're talking about 2205 here. For me Anno 2070 was the best bc of the most content, features, options etc. But it wasn't as pretty and charming and historical as 1404 so most people prefer 1404 I think.
You're right. I barely played 2070 because I found the tech tree and factions nonsensical and the UI did not render at a usable size on my large monitor.

exe

Augur

Looks like they took the combat from 1404 and cut out the garbage land units. Bit dumb to see wooden ship take on ironclad/battlecruiser and win.
The houses are gorgeous though.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The closed beta felt like a giant dollop of fanservice and nostalgia sprinkled with a few minor innovations. When fans told them to go back to the roots after 2205 they did exactly that...and little else. It played well, like a "Best of" collection of favourite elements from the last 3 games, nobody will be offended. I don't suppose many people will be ecstatic either though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom