Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
Killed Scrublord in 20 secs oops. He's level 12, should have been harder me thinks but no.

What scaling options are you using?
Scale everything always up, naturally.

I also made the supah sword from 2 broken swords from 1st game. Of course Josh had to make it's basic damage of a dagger because it hits in small AoE. Could have been an awesome weapon...

Does it still hit the main target twice?

Parabalus

Arcane
Didn't check but I don't think description said that. Made 2 different swords instead.

It didn't say it before patch either, but it did. That's why it had so low damage and was still great. The frost bow did the same.

Tigranes

Arcane
Didn't check but I don't think description said that. Made 2 different swords instead.

It didn't say it before patch either, but it did. That's why it had so low damage and was still great. The frost bow did the same.
Frost bow got nerfd p. hard though.

I'm curious to how it will pan out in actual play. 1.0 Frostseeker was stupid good and my ranger stopped even looking at any other ranged weapon.

Blunderbusses and pistols, on the other hand, seem pr. shit?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Well, Pallegina's chromatic staff now gives +5% damage/action speed with staves and an unspecified raw damage aoe on 5 consecutive hits (probably like 5-10 or something), very exciting :balance:

But hey, it stacks! for +3% from the fish whatever amulet very good legendary item :balance:

I sure don't feel like a bumpkin now for wasting a proficiency point on quarterstaves with this bitch. Gotta love legendary junk.

Parabalus

Arcane

I'm curious to how it will pan out in actual play. 1.0 Frostseeker was stupid good and my ranger stopped even looking at any other ranged weapon.

It deserved the hard nerfs though, it outdamaged every other bow even without targets for the AoE.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I try to only use firearms on my ranged dudes. Bows felt weird in a pirate'y game. Plus you absolutely need a firearm on Maia, her unique class is just too good.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well this time I did not see much difference between it and any other bow. Does like 1 extra frost damage per projectile. Might be only good on particular combos like twin shot or monk's fast strike. Ended up not upgrading it and using regular superb bow instead.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I think they nerfed Maia's subclass' interrupt chance to 20%. Still pretty good, but not as OP as before now.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

It deserved the hard nerfs though, it outdamaged every other bow even without targets for the AoE.
Isn't it that the point of legendary and unique items?!

Parabalus

Arcane
Well this time I did not see much difference between it and any other bow. Does like 1 extra frost damage per projectile. Might be only good on particular combos like twin shot or monk's fast strike. Ended up not upgrading it and using regular superb bow instead.

You have a Cipher? Easiest to parse damage values with them. Pre-patch 1 shot from a Sup bow would give like 80-100 Focus, the frost bow would give max every time.

If it does same damage vs 1 target but more vs multi that's still pretty good.

Not when this one is AoE - what's the point of Saint Omaku ,Veil-piercer or Massuk then?

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I actually used Aamina anyway because it gives mass resist fear+concentration for free.

Last edited:

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
After spending half an hour on Obsidian's forum I start to think, whatever balancing, those guys will always find the game too easy. Some of them are writing their PhD thesis on class abilities synergies and crit damage loops trigger. Min the fun max the maths ?

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Behold, The Codex, my next mod on Nexus:

ZOcqhhw.jpg

syNQENo.jpg

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/87/

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

You have a Cipher? Easiest to parse damage values with them. Pre-patch 1 shot from a Sup bow would give like 80-100 Focus, the frost bow would give max every time.

Not when this one is AoE - what's the point of Saint Omaku ,Veil-piercer or Massuk then?
To have more than one archer. Having the every weapon to be on the same power level is stupid.

Parabalus

Arcane

To have more than one archer. Having the every weapon to be on the same power level is stupid.

Good thing frostbow is the first one you find, and according to you should be far more powerful than all others? WTF?

After spending half an hour on Obsidian's forum I start to think, whatever balancing, those guys will always find the game too easy. Some of them are writing their PhD thesis on class abilities synergies and crit damage loops trigger. Min the fun max the maths ?

I get the fun in that, but JES really shouldn't aim to balance around that kind of dedication. It's like Bg2 being balanced around Mislead+Backstab, Simularcrum spam, TS+SC->MF and other stuff.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Parabalus,i have no idea what junk bow is called frostcock mate,i didn't care about golden coloured junk while playing. My points is instead of making him useless junk by nerfing it should be put behind a harder battle,genuinely made harder to get. The order of getting the items is based on your desire to get it first. You may have gotten it first,that doesn't mean that everyone else did. It is an open game about exploration.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist

I get the fun in that, but JES really shouldn't aim to balance around that kind of dedication. It's like Bg2 being balanced around Mislead+Backstab, Simularcrum spam, TS+SC->MF and other stuff.

I'm sure there is. But the tiime this must eat !

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Can you imagine your PhD being on class balance in PoE? Talk about reaching for topics.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lacrymas , suggest 4 pieces or parts of classical music compositions which could take the place of the combat music themes. No Sabre Dance though :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom