Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

buying boxed games

razvedchiki

Erudite
any respectable site selling boxed old games exept amazon-ebay?(non used).

FeelTheRads

Arcane
D6PfW.jpg

No

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Cool story, bro, however I never gave a cent to Gaben. I'm not interested in renting games.

It was a joke.

If you're looking for non-used old games you're only gonna find them on ebay and similar. Sealed/non-used typically means much higher prices as well.

If you want new (as in recent) boxed games... well, refer to the image above.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Steam will never disappear. It's too big to fail. Even if the company goes bankrupt, the assets will be bought by someone else.

And even if it does, you'll have notice to back up & crack your shit.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It's not even about Steam disappearing completely.

See the changes done to GTA by removing content and similar stuff on which you have no say.

But lol at "notice to back up & crack".

Yeah, because all the thousands of companies selling games on Steam will agree to have their games available with no protection.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
How old? Post 2000 most things are able to be found on just Amazon, maybe as rereleases, maybe not, it's a mixed bag.
See the changes done to GTA by removing content and similar stuff on which you have no say.
What a fucking non-argument. Holy shit. You realize that it was Rockstar Games who pushed that patch, not Valve or Steam, right? If Rockstar Games wanted to keep selling their game on Valve's platform they had to remove those songs, otherwise they'd face legal action. This is how licensing works.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I'm sorry, I'm not interested in sucking the cock of either of them, so what the fuck do I care if it's Rockstar or Valve? How is it even a fucking argument or excuse that it's not Valve's fault?
The game was on Steam and on Steam the content was removed.

The end result is the same no matter whose fault it is.

And if the game was sold in a physical form and accessible without Steam that would have never happened to LEGAL users.

Also tell me more about how licensing works. How for example you pay for a game to then have it taken away from you or have content removed from it. Isn't that how licensing works?

"Holy shit", some people really like sucking Gaben's dick.

Finally, if you think that's not an argument then perhaps you're going to get this one:
possibly_retarded.png

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I hate what Steam has done to retail PC games. Remember the days when retailers would get games early and you could play them without waiting for it to unlock on Steam?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
And if the game was sold in a physical form and accessible without Steam that would have never happened to LEGAL users.
Yeah, no shit, it's PHYSICAL. You can't remove data from pieces of plastic, but GTA San Andreas was DIGITAL when it happened. If Rockstar wanted to continue to be able to sell GTA San Andreas on any digital distribution platforms, they had to remove that content as otherwise it would be akin to piracy.
How for example you pay for a game to then have it taken away from you or have content removed from it.
Read the EULA of any digital distribution platform, retard. The companies who run these platforms all have the right to revoke access or patch the games you have on their platform to their heart's content.
Yes, I'm sucking Valve's dick because Rockstar didn't want to pay for song licenses, but did want to continue selling their game on a digital platform. You are mentally disabled. Eat shit and die.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Wow, what a fucking retarded cocksucker.

I don't give a shit who didn't pay for what licenses, retard. The point is that the customers got fucked. This was the point of the discussion... avoiding getting fucked by buying games on Steam. You don't seem to be able to comprehend that with Gaben's dick down your throat.

Yeah, no shit, it's PHYSICAL. You can't remove data from pieces of plastic,

That is the point, retard.

It's irrelevant to anything whose fault it is, retard.

Also, retard, I know how the customers have no rights and how retards like you think this is OK... because that's how licensing works!

That's why, retard, "buying" games on Steam is actually renting.

Edit: Also, who the fuck are you and where did you come from? How about going away?

Also lol at the piracy thing. Somehow if the game was released in physical form it wouldn't have been piracy to have the discs with those unpaid licenses, but if you bought it digitally it is? Or maybe it would have still been piracy? Hmm, perhaps we should check if all of the games and music CDs we have still have all the licenses in order, we might have to throw them away to not infringe on god's copyright law.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Customers got fucked and it was Rockstars fault, but you shift the blame on Valve and Steam and call me a Valve shill when I'm just telling you something so easy to comprehend that your baby bird brain somehow cannot manage to. You can avoid getting fucked by buying games on steam by toggling off auto update and making backups. It's not fucking hard and GTA is the one and only case that I can think of where they have had issues like this with music publishing companies.
Eat shit drongo, I'm gonna post here twice as often just to spite you. Neck yourself.

Freddie

Savant
Could make some money by selling some old boxed games I have.

One day I glanced my Steam library and thought how much I have spent on content I can't sell.

Can't fault Gabe's for Steams success though. It was happening anyway. Gabe had the vision and the will to make it happen first. Steam could go away, but we would still be stuck with Origin and Ubicrap and whatever else there is out there. GoG is nice, but still can't sell anything from your catalogue.

The licencing thing, there is lot of money burned in scheming, lobbying, lawyers and politicians. There are terrible fuck ups even industry level, licensing hells like hevc, that not even players in multibillion class are going to touch them. Environment is so unpredictable that it is practically toxic.

And funny how all this effort revolves around area that... isn't exactly crucial for societies. There has always been and will be entertainment even without huge corporations. Yet circuses selling smoke and mirrors get the free pass.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Customers got fucked and it was Rockstars fault, but you shift the blame on Valve and Steam and call me a Valve shill when I'm just telling you something so easy to comprehend that your baby bird brain somehow cannot manage to. You can avoid getting fucked by buying games on steam by toggling off auto update and making backups. It's not fucking hard and GTA is the one and only case that I can think of where they have had issues like this with music publishing companies.
Eat shit drongo, I'm gonna post here twice as often just to spite you. Neck yourself.

You fucking imbecile, don't you get it that it doesn't matter whose fault it is? The point is: physical vs digital/Steam. The point is that if the game was in physical form (and with no mandatory Steam connection) then it wouldn't have happened. Can you fucking comprehend that, you fucking imbecile? Could have been any other fucking digital distribution service where you're just renting games, if that makes you feel any better it's not necessarily all about your lord almighty Gaben.

And yes, you are a shill. You are a shill for Valve and shill for corporate behavior and licensing. Quite obvious since you're so eager to point out how it's their right to fuck customers however they want.

Jesus Christ, fucking teenagers and their love for Gaben's cock. Wow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom