Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Generation Zero - open world survival FPS set in 80s Sweden invaded by machines, from Just Cause dev

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://generationzero.com

Also co-op. Self-published by the developer Avalanche Studios, will be released in 2019.

Survive in a Hostile Open World.

Explore a vast open world, rendered with the award-winning Apex engine, featuring a full day / night cycle with unpredictable weather, complex AI behavior, simulated ballistics, highly realistic acoustics and a dynamic 1980’s soundtrack.

Get Ready. Then Fight Back.

Experience an explosive game of cat and mouse set in a huge open world. In this reimagining of 1980’s Sweden, hostile machines have invaded the serene countryside, and you need to fight back while unravelling the mystery of what is really going on. By utilizing battle tested guerilla tactics, you’ll be able to lure, cripple, or destroy enemies in intense, creative sandbox skirmishes.

1-4 Players. Seamless Multiplayer.

Go it alone, or team-up with up to three of your friends in seamless co-op multiplayer. Collaborate and combine your unique skills to take down enemies, support downed friends by reviving them, and share the loot after an enemy is defeated.

Stealth and Strategy. Co-operate to Live.

All enemies are persistently simulated in the world, and roam the landscape with intent and purpose. When you manage to destroy a specific enemy component, be it armor, weapons or sensory equipment, the damage is permanent. Enemies will bear those scars until you face them again, whether that is minutes, hours or weeks later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Looks kinda cool, but why are a bunch of punks hunting machines using small-arms in broad daylight when obviously the military couldn't handle them with their tanks and jet fighters?

Ash

Arcane
"From Just Cause dev"

All I needed to know. Meaning I shall be ignoring this thread without even reading the OP or taking a single glance at the game in concept.

...I looked, of course. It doesn't look like complete trash, at least.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Robots look retarded. Morgoth is right, should have gone with dindus in the present. Or 80s biker gangs to keep it pc.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Looks kinda cool, but why are a bunch of punks hunting machines using small-arms in broad daylight when obviously the military couldn't handle them with their tanks and jet fighters?

There's normal militaries, and then there's the swedish military.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Looks okay. I want more FPS games with customization and realistic guns. Doubt I will actually be playing it but I want to see more gameplay first.
THQ Nordic is doing physical distribution for it.

epeli

Arcane
Looks like Simon Stålenhag Artworks: The Game. Is he involved in this?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's pretty shamelessly inspired by Stålenhag - I wonder why they didn't want to get the guy on board? Maybe he didn't like the guns.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
It's pretty shamelessly inspired by Stålenhag - I wonder why they didn't want to get the guy on board? Maybe he didn't like the guns.

It is a blatant, lame attempt to recycle the assets from Hunter Call of the Wild into a fps. And as usual with this swedish company the workforce is mostly on holidays and begin a new project every year.

There's normal militaries, and then there's the swedish military.

1980's was long before Sweden YES!...

That's really sad.

We should also never forget that Sweden is the country persecuting Julian Assange.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom