Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

frajaq

Erudite
...really?

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
We sure have gone a long way since Fallout's crop rotation lessons. Holy Mary mother of God :lol:

Did you finish that quest?

Me: "Hey that basketweaver guy stole the fruit."
Questgiver: "Okay cool imma go murder him pronto."
Me: "Um waitasec let me explain why he did it..."
*no dialogue option to explain appears*
Questgiver: *murder intensifies*
Me: Whoops. Oh well, doesn't matter, got xp.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Difficulty Patch is live:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/560130/announcements/detail/1656643072561988378

Patch Notes for Version 1.1.0.0035

New Features & Updates
  • Intro Skip Added
    • There is now a Start & Skip Intro button that brings the player directly to the second level of the game.
    • This feature becomes available after you have played through the intro once, or loaded a save (after getting the update).
  • Veteran & PotD Balance Improvements
    • Armor and Penetration now scale up on PotD.
    • Many encounters have had units swapped out for tougher versions.
    • Some encounters have had units added or set to ambush the party during the encounter.
  • Additional Custom AI support and updates:
    • All Conditionals have now been categorized in the Custom AI menu.
    • The AI Toggle button on the ability bar now supports cycling through: Attacking while using Abilities, Attacking while not using Abilities, and Not using AI.
    • The following actions can now be conditionalized in Custom AI: Using Consumable quick slot items, Activating Modals, Switching Weapon Sets, and Basic Weapon Attacking.
  • Ship Resupply
    • A new "Refill Ship Supplies" button can now be used to conveniently purchase ship supplies from any storefront that sells Medical Supplies, Cannon Shot, and Repair Supplies.
  • World Map Legend Added
    • A new Map Legend has been added that allows all icons on the World Map to be filtered by category.
  • Character Appearance Improvements
    • Character Appearance can now be changed in-game via the Appearance button on the Inventory screen (Player and adventurers only).
    • Character Hairstyles are now rendered naturally with some Hats.
    • Eye Color customization has been added.
  • Graphics options expanded
    • Six new toggles have been added to the Graphics menu to enable/disable certain visual features including Weather Effects, Lights, and Combat Text.
  • News Feed Updated
    • The News Feed on the Main Menu has been revamped to include links to the latest articles, DLC, and social media.

Major Issues
  • Many edge case crashes (reported by users) have also been resolved.
    • Managing party with capes on the World Map.
    • God conversations returning party to player ship with characters who have capes.
    • Client was creating a folder that required permission to access.
    • Issues loading saves causing players to return to Main Menu.
    • Issues transitioning to difference scenes causing players to return to Main Menu.
    • Leveling up characters with bonus weapon sets no longer causes a black screen.
  • Resolved an issue that blocked users with certain permissions from loading saves.
  • Creating a multiclass character with spells and non-spell abilities no longer blocks character creation.
  • Level Scaling now also adjusts enemy levels up. Normal enemies are scaled up to 4 levels higher and Named enemies are scaled up to 6 levels higher
  • Critical Path Only Level Scaling is now working properly(Hasongo, Ashen Maw and Ukaizo).
  • Gold, Greed & Guts achievement now consistently unlocks when requirements are met.
  • A large amount of localization corrections have been implemented.
  • Companions who died while Spiritshifted can now have their equipment looted.
  • Part of Blade of the Endless Paths now appears in the Captain's Quarters if players had forged the blade in their Pillars I history.
  • Fixed a memory leak that degraded FPS over time.
  • Chanter Phrases are no longer removed upon Retraining.
  • Fixed an issue where weapons could be removed from the player's inventory after Spiritshifting.
  • Fixed an issue where faction questlines were not being closed out properly if the player had killed Queen Onekaza.
  • Adjusted how Disposition, Reputation, and Relationship values were being calculated.
Companions/Crew

Ship Combat
  • Cannon Range accuracy penalties have been adjusted to scale gradually.
  • Made Closing to Board less punishing by lowering the base damage values for hull, sail, and crew damage.
  • Increased damage for ramming ships (both to the rammer and rammee).
  • Reduced the accuracy given per rank of cannoneer.
  • Reduced Ship health by ~20%.
  • Added opponent deck defender count to ship duel UI.
  • Globally Updated ship combats to have a 1:1 ratio of combatants to crew. Enemy Ship Defenders are now shown separately.
User Interface
  • The Death UI now properly appears if player summons outlive the party.
  • Fixed an issue where the News Feed was not aligning properly for certain screen resolutions.
  • Fixed an issue where your screen could flicker black upon launching the game with preferences set.
  • Transition icons in Crossroads scene on Splintered Reef no longer disappear when the mouse approaches.
  • Level Scaling preferences can now be toggled in-game from the Options menu.
  • Double Doors no longer block the mouse cursor when they are in an opened state.
Audio
  • Atmospheric ambient SFX no longer play in taverns after attacking patrons or clients.
  • The Druid ability "Terrifying Roar" now has SFX.
  • Mercenaries in Spire of the Soul-Seers now have VO.
  • Fixed an issue where one of High Priest Kasu's VO lines was not playing.
  • Fixed an issue where Companion VO was not playing after winning the drinking contest in Fort Deadlight.
  • VO is no longer being cut off when Fast Mode is active.
  • Eothas' ambient SFX have been added in the Ondra's Spire scene.
  • Various SFX have been added to the Chanter-summoned Dragon from the ability "The Great Wyrm Flew O'er the Mountains".
  • Various SFX have been added to Tekehu's Spiritshift Shark form.
  • Hired Adventurers now play their selected voice over during their character creation.
Quest Issues

Miscellaneous
  • Retraining a character (Respec) will no longer remove learned talents & abilities such as watcher abilities nor purchased skill bonuses.
  • Ships on the world map no longer move while time is stopped (If the player's vessel is not moving).
  • Watchers can no longer purchase more supplies than their ship can hold.
  • Various performance related fixes including World Map optimizations, scenes with ocean water, and scenes with buoyant assets that are off screen. This should increase the frame rate of scenes like Queen's Berth, Hasongo, and Fort Deadlight.
  • Hazanui Karu now reacts appropriately if the player has visited Hasongo before visiting Kahanga Palace.
  • The ocean floor behind Fort Deadlight has been lowered to prevent showing during heavy tides.
  • Death's Herald abilities now upgrade properly after completing the post Ashen Maw God Conversation.
  • Bounty heads can no longer be pickpocketed from their owners.
  • Looted preplaced corpses no longer show as unlooted after performing a save/load.
  • Fixed the quality of Superb and Legendary Pollaxes.
  • Keybindings for mapping Combat Speed up and down are no longer reversed.
  • Druids now animate properly when they die while in a Spiritshift form.
  • Players can no longer engage enemy ships during the Ukaizo fleet battle if they have no crew.
  • Fixed an issue where item icons and ability icons in the crafting menu were displaying invalid images.
  • Injured idle animations now play on characters who have 1 or more injuries.
  • Orlans no longer lose their ears when equipped with Tricorn and Broad Brimmed hats.
  • Capes should no longer get stuck inside characters.
  • Vithrack now play their ambient animations.
  • Scyorielophas has been updated to have more fidgets to break up his idle animation.
  • Added "Sailor Overboard" as a possible event during ship combat SIs.
  • VFX and animations have been added to the Luminous Adra Mill interior scene.
  • It is no longer possible for the player to leave combat with Benweth after attacking him in Fort Deadlight - Command.
  • Swift Flurry will no longer recursively proc infinitely.
  • Characters should no longer get stuck in loading animations.
  • Summoned Creature spells now benefit from the Quick Summoning passive.

2house2fly

Magister
I'd wondered why they weren't hyping this one up like they did with the previous one. mystery solved.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Did you finish that quest?

Yep. It's by far the dumbest quest in the game IMO, even dethrones Pallegina's personality quiz.

What do you plan to do re: patching?

the fuck do you think i plan to do

patch it and move on

i'm almost done with it anyway

Fairfax

Arcane
I've been staying away to avoid spoilers and will probably continue to do so until all DLCs are released and I've done a few playthroughs with different factions. I haven't read the thread so forgive me if this has been asked and answered: Was there a in game Codex reward for the fundraiser in Deadfire? The only thing that stood out for me as possibly a Codex thing was the pet "Grog", was that for/from the Codex?
Yes. Apparently there's also an item that references Cleve/Grimoire, but nobody has found it/made the connection yet.

I wonder what item type it could be...
I don't remember grimoires having special descriptions, though. Inspecting grimoires only shows their spells IIRC.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Referring to a FreeLC as "DLC" in the Steam description. The marketing is excellent as usual.

The patch isn't out for GOG yet.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't remember grimoires having special descriptions, though. Inspecting grimoires only shows their spells IIRC.

If so that's why people aren't spotting it. The description was supposed to have more hints.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...e-release-thread.117563/page-259#post-5613662

We originally wanted "Grimoire of the Exemplar" but Josh didn't agree with so obviously using the title of another game.

It's a decent powergaming item though: https://www.google.com/search?q="grimoire+of+vaporous+wizardry"

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Next DLC will bring penis size customization .

NSFW -

samson+williamsxb2.jpg

Anyway, I guess 'tis time to play this thing when the GOG patch hits. Does the patch work retroactively for the difficulty or do I have to restart?

Fairfax

Arcane

If so that's why people aren't spotting it. The description was supposed to have more hints.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...e-release-thread.117563/page-259#post-5613662

We originally wanted "Grimoire of the Exemplar" but Josh didn't agree with so obviously using the title of another game.

It's a decent powergaming item though: https://www.google.com/search?q="grimoire+of+vaporous+wizardry"
I just checked the game's files. Only a couple of grimoires have descriptions, but I think you can't even see them in the actual game. They must've removed grimoire descriptions entirely.

And yeah, AFAIK it's the best grimoire in the game, so there's that at least.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I noticed in the last beta patch (which I think is essentially this same patch) that wave water like near a beach or at the docks at Neketaka looks "warbly" now if you scroll the screen. Changing any of the AA options or toggling FXAA alleviates it until you enter any other scene.

Can someone please confirm then tag me here? Danka.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
i have no reasons to be there other than cashing in the 15 quests

Iirc Athkatla had a lot of 'recurring' content though, in that new (sub)quests would open up there related to other quests, which makes your previous point valid - if you're there to start/continue one quest, you might as well go cash in on a few others. Meanwhile after you 'clear' a district in Neketaka, there's hardly ever any reason to get back there.

Except for bounties and map exploration quest. Oh, but this game loves loading screens. Take the animancers tower for example, could've been opened passage between lower and higher ground, but no, you're two loading screens away or pay the price of walking all the way around.

Or talking to any head of a faction, minimum three loading screens.
Guy who implemented Aeldys stewart teleport probably got reprimanded for decreasing playtime.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
2house2fly Wrong!

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire/updates/706

Update #49 - Patch 1.1
POSTED: 06/07/2018

Greetings, captains,

Thanks to the ardent support and helpful feedback from the community, the team here at Obsidian is pleased to present Patch 1.1, which is one of the many major patches we have in store for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire! As always, here's Pillars II Design Director, Josh Sawyer, to give you the rundown on what awaits you in the Deadfire Archipelago:

As Josh mentioned, the 1.1 patch brings along a host of new features to Deadfire that we're excited for you to check out! You can check out the full patch notes, or take a look at the highlights below.

New Features

Intro Skip Added
  • There is now a Start & Skip Intro button that brings the player directly to the second level of the game.
  • This feature becomes available after you have played through the intro once, or loaded a save (after getting the update).
Veteran & PotD Balance Improvments
  • Armor and Penetration now scale up on PotD.
  • Many encounters have had units swapped out for tougher versions.
  • Some encounters have had units added or set to ambush the party during the encounter.
AI Support and Updates
  • All Conditionals have now been categorized in the Custom AI menu.
  • The AI Toggle button on the ability bar now supports cycling through: Attacking while using Abilities, Attacking while not using Abilities, and Not using AI.
  • The following actions can now be conditionalized in Custom AI: Using Consumable quick slot items, Activating Modals, Switching Weapon Sets, and Basic Weapon Attacking.
Ship Resupply
  • A new "Refill Ship Supplies" button can now be used to conveniently purchase ship supplies from any storefront that sells Medical Supplies, Cannon Shot, and Repair Supplies.
World Map Legend Added
  • A new Map Legend has been added that allows all icons on the World Map to be filtered by category.
Character Appearance Improvements
  • Character Appearance can now be changed in-game via the Appearance button on the Inventory screen (Player and adventurers only).
  • Character Hairstyles are now rendered naturally with some Hats.
  • Eye Color customization has been added.
Graphics Options Expanded
  • New Toggles have been added to the Graphics menu to enable/disable certain visual features.
News Feed Updated
  • The News Feed on the Main Menu has been revamped to include links to the latest articles, DLC, and social media.
Today also sees the release of the next free DLC! The Beard and Hair Pack is available now on Steam, GOG.com, and Origin, and on the Mac App Store pending approval from Apple.

We're not stopping there, though - keep an eye out for another free DLC full of more ship crew members and ship upgrades in store for you in a couple weeks, and even more content and polish to follow. We love hearing from you, and these fixes could not have come without love from our community. If you have any issues, contact us at our support portal to help you on your journey.

Physical Backers

For those who backed Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire at a physical tier, we have good news! The fulfillment houses are getting everything in and packaging it all up now. We have a batch of them (as you can see in the video above) and we're very happy with how they turned out. Within the next few weeks orders will be going out. When your items are shipped to you, you'll receive an e-mail from the fulfillment house with a tracking number letting you know it's on the way. We apologize again for the delay in these items and we hope that you enjoy them once they arrive.

Reach out to us on our various social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, here on our forums) and let us know your comments, your critiques, and what you love about the game.

Did you miss our last update? Check it out! To join the conversation on this update, head to our forums!

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom