Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2018 - Official Codex Thread - June 9th to 14th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Is anyone else excited about this E3? Quite a number of games that make me at least curious; Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima, Red Dead Redemption 2, From Software game. Also some games that are probably going to be shit but still interesting to see them in action; new big Bethesda game, Anthem, fallout 76.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Is anyone else excited about this E3? Quite a number of games that make me at least curious; Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima, Red Dead Redemption 2, From Software game. Also some games that are probably going to be shit but still interesting to see them in action; new big Bethesda game, Anthem, fallout 76.

I mean, it would be nice to see some Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay, but for me it's the surprise that makes E3. Knowing what's coming and hoping they show something is less interesting than a game coming totally out of left field. With leaks and people brainstorming online with what's available from trademark renewals, website registrations, etc a lot of the suspense is simply gone.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wouldn't say I'm excited but there are a few games like you mentioned that I'm curious about. And I'm always hoping that we get a big announcement which is interesting for us. And it is always good to laugh at shitty games and their fans.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This might be the first E3 that I will (partially) watch, because of Cyberpunk 2077.

There are other games that interest me, but not enough to stay up late or suffer through marketing speak to see them revealed live.

Most likely, though, I will pass out on the couch while watching old kung-fu movies with my wife, same as usual on weekends.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NISA https://gematsu.com/2018/06/nis-america-announces-e3-2018-lineup-teases-exciting-announcements
Disgaea 1 Complete (PS4, Switch)

The Overlord is dead. The Netherworld is in turmoil. Time to kick some ass! Netherworld Prince Laharl awakens to fight for his throne and it’s up to him and some unlikely allies to defend what is rightfully his. Together with his devious vassal Etna, the angel trainee Flonne, and a whole cavalcade of explosive characters, Laharl will slash, shoot, and punch his way to the top. Build your squad to level 9999 and unleash crazy special skills, team attacks, and spells to deal millions of points of damage in this zany high-definition remake of an RPG classic.

Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk (PS4, Switch, PC)

Beneath a small town lies an endless maze known as the Labyrinth of Refrain. Dusk Witch Dronya arrives, and with her puppet soldiers, endeavors to find something buried deep within. Embark on an adventure as you discover the secrets underground. What treasures will you find? What terrors will you encounter?

SNK 40th Anniversary Collection (Switch)

The arcade comes home in this amazing collections from the earliest titles in SNK’s illustrious catalog. Celebrating 40 years of titles that changed the landscape of arcade and console libraries across the world, available for the first time in one collection! Pixel-perfect and chocked full of special features like saving anywhere and rewind, all with an enormous gallery of rare and detailed production notes and materials. Take the arcade with you wherever you go with the definitive early SNK arcade collection!

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Ys returns with a brand new adventure for the first time in 8 years! Adol awakens shipwrecked and stranded on a cursed island. There, he and the other shipwrecked passengers he rescues form a village to challenge fearsome beasts and mysterious ruins on the isolated island. Amidst this, Adol begins to dream of a mysterious blue-haired maiden living in a unknown world. Join Adol as he unravels the riddle of the cursed isle and the blue-haired maiden Dana!

Activision https://gematsu.com/2018/06/activision-announces-e3-2018-lineup-teases-exciting-announcements
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

The series which has become the most played in Call of Duty history as well as a cultural phenomenon around the globe returns October 12th with the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII, a gritty, grounded, all-out combat experience. Black Ops IIII raises the bar for Multiplayer mode that increases tactical gameplay and player choice, along with the biggest Zombies offering ever with three full experiences at launch, and Blackout, where the Black Ops universe comes to life in a massive battle royale experience featuring iconic characters and locations from all four Black Ops games in a one-of-a-kind offering that is uniquely Black Ops. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII transforms the established universe played by hundreds of millions of fans with the largest gameplay experience ever created in the series.

Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII is published by Activision and developed by Treyarch with additional development support from Raven Software and PC development with Beenox. The title is scheduled for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on October 12. Fans can pre-order now and get access to the Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII Private Beta*. Black Ops IIII for the PC delivers a fully-optimized experience, which for the first time in Call of Duty’s history will be available exclusively on Battle.net, Blizzard Entertainment’s online gaming service.

Destiny 2: Forsaken (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Destiny 2: Forsaken – Following years of strife, what remains of the Reef has fallen to lawlessness. Players investigate the recent unrest and will explore new regions, awaken new powers, and earn powerful weapons. Building on the most requested desire for a deep and rewarding endgame experience, Destiny 2: Forsaken features The Dreaming City destination. Full of secrets to discover and bosses to defeat, this destination also houses the brand-new raid and is the first space designed from the ground up to support endgame content. Available to all Destiny 2 players around Forsaken’s launch comes highly anticipated changes and features such as a new weapon slot system, Random Rolls, improvements to the mods system, and numerous other quality-of-life improvements.

Destiny 2: Forsaken will be available for download on PlayStation 4, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, and PC. The PC version of the expansion will also be available exclusively on Battle.net, Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed online-gaming platform.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4, Xbox One)

The Spyro Reignited Trilogy launches on September 21 and is available for preorder now for the suggested retail price of $39.99 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro and the family of Xbox One devices from Microsoft, including the Xbox One X! Spyro Reignited Trilogy introduces players to a fully remastered game collection of the three original Spyro games that started the phenomenon: Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage!, and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

Remade from the ground up by lead developer Toys for Bob, the Spyro Reignited Trilogy features the fun and nostalgic gameplay that fans remember with more than 100 levels, enhanced reward sequences, Spyro’s gang of zany dragons and other goofballs (including Sparx the Dragonfly, Hunter, Sheila, Agent 9 and Sgt. Byrd) and more.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
A lot of console peasants here wanting some boring shit games,only thing interesting here cyberpunk!

You can't compare to that master race!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.pcgamer.com/jj-abrams-and-tencent-team-up-for-bad-robot-games/

KnUr3RyZvaKAsHG3KACajX-650-80.jpg

JJ Abrams' production company Bad Robot has entered into a partnership with Chinese conglomerate Tencent to launch a new division called Bad Robot Games. The Hollywood Reporter said that Warner Bros. Interactive is also involved in the new company as a minority investor.

Bad Robot Games will employ in-house artists, writers, and designers who will develop both "large-scale and indie titles" in partnership with existing studios. It will be headed up by Dave Baronoff, who has been in charge of Bad Robot's "games and interactive content creation" since 2006, while Tim Keenan, the creator of the 2016 indie hit Duskers, will serve as creative director.

"I’m a massive games fan, and increasingly envious of the amazing tools developers get to work with, and the worlds they get to play in," Abrams said. "Now we are doubling down on our commitment to the space with a unique co-development approach to game making that allows us to focus on what we do best, and hopefully be a meaningful multiplier to our developer partners."

The report isn't clear on how the pieces come together, but my guess is that this represents a more serious and committed approach to game development that will supercede Bad Robot's previous interactive efforts. It was involved in the creation of the Pass Time mode for Team Fortress 2 a few years ago, and apparently it had something to do with a couple of Cloverfield ARGs.

The launch of the new division will also enable Tencent to continue its move into the Western gaming market in a big way, and will have exclusive distribution rights to all Bad Robot games released in Asia as well. Thus far, no new projects have been announced.

Bad pixel art logo with inconsistent pixel scale.

Also Valve leak:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/07/not-borderlands-3-gearbox-1v1-shooter-e3-2018/
Borderlands fans will be frustrated to hear that Gearbox is showing a new shooter at E3 2018 to press – but it’s not the highly-anticipated Borderlands 3.
Instead, Gearbox is showing it’s 1v1 multiplayer shooter and card hybrid.
It’s a relatively secretive project, having been in a closed technical test last August.
No footage of Project 1v1 will be shown outside of the closed doors presentation at E3, although you can expect some hands-on written impressions. Presumably we’ll also learn it’s proper name.
“Project 1v1 is the code name for Gearbox’s top-secret, in-development, competitive first-person shooter that combines the action of fast-paced 1v1 first-person combat with the metagame strategy of a collectible card game,” says Gearbox of its mysterious PC project.
For those keeping track of Gearbox’ other games in development, Borderlands 3 has been delayed.

A 1v1 shooter with cards.
Somehow they managed to come up with something even less interesting to me than Battleborn.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reminder:

Oh, about that, Take Two "will not be showing any new products" at E3: https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-...nteractive-software-inc-ttwo-q4-2018-ear.aspx

We are also very enthusiastic about the long-term potential of Private Division, our new publishing label that is dedicated to bringing titles from top independent developers to market. Private Division currently has contracts to publish several upcoming titles based on new IP from renowned industry talent, including Panache Digital Games, The Outsiders, Obsidian Entertainment, and V1 Interactive. Private Division will seek to add to its already impressive roster of development partners throughout the world and we look forward to its future announcements. Next month at E3 in Los Angeles, we will have a corporate booth on the show floor. We will not be showing any new products, but we will be holding business development, investor relations, media and sales meetings throughout the show.

Looking ahead, we have a strong development of pipeline across our labels, which includes new releases from our popular series along with groundbreaking new IP. With our unwavering commitment to delivering the highest quality entertainment experiences that keep our audiences engaged, Take-Two is better positioned than ever to provide value to our customers and generate growth and profits over the long-term.

No Take-Two, no Borderlands.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Shadows Die Twice? A Tenchu? A Soulsborne? Another rolling simulator?
How bout new King's Field game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom