Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Codex Dawn of War tournament

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
EDIT: For signups, go here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dawn-of-war-tournament-signups.122339/

Harro. I think there's been a slight surge in fags playing DoW on the 'dex recently, and I've been wondering if we couldn't take advantage of this.

The question is: would you be interested in participating in a short CodexDoW multiplayer league? I was thinking of the following set of rules:

- To play you'd need Soulstorm 1.2 at the very least (aka current Steam version). Obviously you'll want more races unlocked than just bolter bitches/dark eldar, though.

- There'd be an actual league structure if there are enough participants (so playoffs, semis, final, etc). This structure instead of "everyone plays everyone else" is mostly there because experience with Codex Blood Bowl leagues has shown that sore losers tend to ruin the fun for everyone by not appearing once they start getting smashed. You'd face off multiple contestants only in the playoffs stage within your single division.

How many players would proceed from playoffs will depend on total player count. But I would think it's gonna be 4 highest-scoring folks from 2 playoff divisions into semis then 2 into final at the very least.

- "Matches" would be resolved by way of best of 3 games. The player that wins two games against another player wins the match (and gains 1 point for playoffs).

- To prevent spergs being unable to start games due to endless "counterpick" spamming in lobby, you'd be limited to only 2 races for the entire tournament. 1st race you'll play in your 1st game, 2nd in 2nd game - 3rd game as you see fit (still within the same 2 races). If this would lead to mirror matches, the race orders for one of the players can be changed (because mirror matches are gay).

- First game map would be fixed (as in assigned randomly during seeding). Second and third game maps would be picked by losers of the previous games.

- There'd be a list of halal maps to eliminate unplayable trash like railway/eden.

Does that sound reasonable? Or does someone have better ideas concerning any of the above?

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nah, guys.
As those who played against me know, I just suck too much at this.
And I'm simply not wílling to spend the time gitting gud.

Do this without me.

Last edited:

hello friend

Arcane
Cool. I hope people upload replays after.

I need to git gud first, might have to wait and see some.
Just do it faggot
Dude I haven't played RTS in years.

Last RTS I played was impossible creatures, I could never beat the last or maybe second-to-last map.

RK47 nice. redknight is you right?

Do voice commentary. You have good LPs

Ninjerk

Arcane
Cool. I hope people upload replays after.

I need to git gud first, might have to wait and see some.
Just do it faggot
Dude I haven't played RTS in years.

Last RTS I played was impossible creatures, I could never beat the last or maybe second-to-last map.

RK47 nice. redknight is you right?

Do voice commentary. You have good LPs
I haven't either and I was never good at them. Gib steam ID...

Anyway, if I can get a charge through to GOG (my bank traditionally blocks it) I may try to assemble a little prize pool.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Why this is not in my realm, the MP subforum?

In.

Imperial Guard aaaand..... needs testing. I'll choose the second race as fancy strikes me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom