Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Total Warhammer 1 & 2 are the cheapest they have been so far in the Skulls for the Skull Throne 2 sale,TW1 is 75% off thinking of getting it although its dlc are either not or sale or have small discounts of 33%

Should I get it now or wait for the summer sale hopping that it be 75% off then too and that the dlc will have better prices so I can get them all together in a GOTY-like edition?
:philosoraptor:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait for summer sale, I'm pretty sure TWW1's DLCs already went 50% off before.

Cultist Simulator is out

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn, a sequel to... Shaq-Fu:

ss_807a3643a229afafbb428ab5f62995549bb7bd3f.600x338.jpg

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Wait for summer sale, I'm pretty sure TWW1's DLCs already went 50% off before.

Cultist Simulator is out

I bought this since I'm on a massive board game kick lately. Intriguing so far, definitely quite unlike anything I've ever played, not sure what to make of it yet; little bit of controversy in the Steam reviews, will have to parse it.

Starting thread now.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
SharpShooter3D, Postal 1 3D or Postal 2 de-make?:

ss_a0a35a4be3ddbfd3a00b4e83ffe120b5c330716e.600x338.jpg

SharpShooter3D is a first-person subculture shooter in the best old school traditions.
Burn! Destroy! Kill! Kill! Kill!
When corrupt politicians look only for their own benefit, marginalized drug addicts go crazy, and the world consumes insanity, only the maddest madmen can stop this nightmare.

Seemingly ordinary trip to the neighboring country South-Slovenko ended for our heroes with unbelievable and brutal consequences.
When the best friend becomes an enemy, and the main villain becomes you yourself and blood flows like a river, someone will definitely have to answer the main question -
Who is behind the awakening of ancient evil and is there still a chance for humanity?
Welcome to the world of Sharpshooter3D.
Welcome home!

Btw as you may expected, this is from Russian developer.

PrettyDeadman

Bocian

Arcane
Planescape Torment and Icewind Dale are pretty good games despite being rtwp IMHO, it might be worth picking them up for such a low price.
Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale are good games.
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition are not.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Despite all of the issues with Beamdog (such as the new content they've defecated that reads like shitty SJW fan fiction), I might still buy the "Enhanced Editions" provided all of Beamdog's additions can be toggled off, except that they have hideous UIs and those ridiculous-looking black strokes (outlines) around all of the character sprites, presumably so that iOS users can distinguish them clearly.

Probably they're also buggier than the originals and don't include all of the fan-restored cut content, but I'm not entirely sure of that.

Of course, the diarrhea icing on the poop cake is that the original software has been removed from GOG et al. and replaced with Beamdog's made-for-mobile trash.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not having to fuck around with ddraw replacements was kinda nice with PST:EE, though saying that, last time I played the base game with the DGVoodoo2 ddraw wrapper I had very few issues, so it is kind of a redundant thing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PS:T EE has no new content whatsoever. You'd think any self-described Planescape: Torment superfan would want to own the game on Steam if he can get it for $4 but suit yourself.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Not having to fuck around with ddraw replacements was kinda nice with PST:EE, though saying that, last time I played the base game with the DGVoodoo2 ddraw wrapper I had very few issues, so it is kind of a redundant thing.

What do any of the "Enhanced Editions" have to offer that the originals with fan-made mods applied do not?

PrettyDeadman

Planescape Torment and Icewind Dale are pretty good games despite being rtwp IMHO, it might be worth picking them up for such a low price.
Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale are good games.
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition are not.
How can PST and ID be a good games while PST:EE, ID:EE are not? They are literally the same games with extremely minor changes. Like the only good things about PST was lack of black outliners around charcter and UI, while the rest (story, dialogues, characters) is trash?

Parabalus

Arcane

What do any of the "Enhanced Editions" have to offer that the originals with fan-made mods applied do not?

No load screens, faster alt-tabbing, area loot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom