Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4X Endless Space 2

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Did I mention the Vaulter exploration ship has FOUR support slots? Because it does and it's awesome. Sorry but you can't beat us on that 8-10 curiosity challenge! And slugs. And troops.

Related: anyone else feels like coordinator ships kinda suck? In most games I don't even bother researching the design.

I think one of the City Modernization tiers has shuttles that you can use to ship ppl out of overpopulated systems to less populated ones too. Right?
Not sure which tech, but it's REALLY early on.
It's not a specific tech, it's the regular system modernization. You just need to reach tier 3 on the right quadrant (production and trade).

On the population issue: yes, there are many ways to deal with rapefugees but they are all very micro intensive and time consuming. The biggest issue are the Cravers (aka space niggers). I don't play them and I make sure the AI doesn't play it on my SP games either simply due to their annoying unique mechanic.

Easiest way to deal with rapefugees is to chain gang them. However you have ZERO control over which pop gets conscripted so you need a specialized system to "integrate" your minorities. Time consuming and annoying.

I'm also dissapointed over the fact that the game is STILL not auto optimizing pops. Say you have a system with both Sophons and Mavros. How hard is it for the game to automatically place all the sophons in the cold planet and all the Mavros in the hot planet!?!? Yet you still have to micro that shit. :roll:

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
WTF? You can easily move your population to any planet with space.

If you run into overpopulation issues with all planets full, there's tech to deal with that and later you can convert them all into soldiers. Or make 1 dump planet, send all rapefugees there and "abandon" it, then recolonise, rinse and repeat.

Bunch of babies.
Eh, creating penal colonies as well as trying to lure shuttles into pirate lairs are two obvious solutions, but I wouldn't call either of them easy, quick, pleasant or anything nice, really. Especially when playing on the highest difficulty and trying to optimize as much as possible.

By the end of my first game as Vaulters I had 10+ nations in my empire. Mind you, this is with:

1. Small galaxy.
2. Not conquering a single planet and not assimilating a single minor faction outside of Sisters that you start with and Aurigans that you get from the faction quest.
3. Not going over a planet limit even once for the entire game.
4. Feeding my native pop luxuries from day one plus feeding Sisters and Aurigans from time to time and not feeding anyone else even once.
5. Actively trying to avoid quests and events that give additional pops when possible, like deleting that Horatio ship you get almost every game (the quest is bugged and stays in the log forever btw).

So yeah, I'd say it's pretty annoying, especially with such a big number of factions that getting someone actually supplementing your playstyle is extremely lucky.

Arnust

Savant
https://www.games2gether.com/endles...your-eyes-only-the-next-major-faction-will-be

Click the picture to vote

Date: [REDACTED]

Clearance level: TOP SECRET

To the attention of [REDACTED]

Dear [REDACTED],

We have received critical intel on the Endless Space 2 project. Based on our findings, it seems likely that an upcoming major faction will be created through community votes.

Our agents monitored the creation of the Eyder minor faction in late 2015, and you might be familiar with the process. A series of votes progressively shapes various aspects of the faction, until its personality and looks emerge. We suspect the methods employed will be similar.

Here are the critical facts we have gathered, based on reliable sources:

• This new major faction will be included in a major expansion for Endless Space 2. Our leads on the Vaulters had been accurate and these were released in January, 2018, but this mentions of a new faction confirms our earlier intel that lent the rumors. A secondary investigation has been launched to dig up the sources of these rumors and see if they can be flipped to join our network.
  • This major faction appears to be espionage-oriented. There are many different ways this could play out, and within the parameters of this contest, the end result will be entirely up to the community.
  • We have seen a roadmap of the event which, although limited, gives us a solid understanding of the process ahead. It is reproduced below for your benefit:

SPECIES TYPE => ORIGIN => HOME PLANET => CIVILIAN DESIGN => SHIP DESIGN

It is our belief that influencing the outcome of this process is of paramount importance to the well-being of our society. We recommend proceeding to the Votes section and throwing our weight behind our preferred option, starting with [Species Type].

We remain confident that final victory will be ours.

Sincerely,

[REDACTED]

Arnust

Savant
DOUBLE-KEYART.jpg

Hey everyone,

We are very happy to be releasing two new content packs, Untold Tales, & Lost Symphony. Aimed at increasing immersion, and modeled after Endless Legend's The Lost Tales & Echoes of Auriga, these two new pieces are aimed at players who love Endless Space 2's rich universe, and want to fill their eyes and ears with MORE of it. Both content packs are priced at $2.99 / 2.99€ / £2.49, with a 10% discount until March 19th! At the same time, Endless Space 2 is a whopping 50% off for the same duration, so if you've been looking for an occasion to rope your friends in, now's a great time!

Here is a breakdown of both content packs:

WEB_UNTOLD-TALES-KEYART-FINAL.jpg

Untold Tales

The Endless galaxy might be governed by a few powerful forces, but it is still inhabited by masses of minority races, with their own history, heroes and purpose. In Endless Space 2: Untold Tales, uncover hidden secrets, intriguing stories and endearing characters scattered across your Empire with 21 exclusive Quests, 4 new Minor Factions and 4 new Heroes.

• 21 new Minor Faction Quests
  • 4 new Minor factions:
    • Galvrans : Hailing from a strange planet with extreme day/night cycles, the Galvran are courteous but often withdrawn.
    • Kal’Tik’Mas : The Kal'Tik'Mas are a hardy race of scavengers whose gruff exterior hides a grievous past.
    • Sowers : The Sowers are intelligent terraforming machines who follow an ancient order of the Virtual Endless.
    • Sefaloros : Aquatic geniuses at industry and construction, the Sefaloros often use engineered life forms to aid their work.
  • 4 new Heroes:
    • G0d3I Builder.v87 (Sower)
    • En Pas Leba (Kal’Tik’Ma)
    • Ooblart Essacius (Sefaloros)
    • Chancellor Alazne Matul (Galvran)

Minor%20Faction%20Harmony.jpg

Lost Symphony

• 7 new tracks:
    • Boltzmann Brains
    • Light Curve
    • Forgotten Moon
    • Flat Geometry
    • Digital Minds
    • Unstable Molecule
    • Lost Cities
  • 1 new Minor Faction: Harmony
    The Harmony work diligently to improve resource production, as exposure to resources acts as a form of nourishment.

Patch 1.2.8

WEB_1_2_8%20[1].jpg

One of our main goals with this patch was to rebalance weapon & support modules following your feedback. Energy weapons should now be on par with their projectile counterparts, and Blast Effect Batteries will no longer be able to one-shot bigger ships. We also gave some much needed buffs to some supports modules that were seeing little use while imposing some limitations to those that were too prominent in combat or could stack too high.

The other main aspect was to rebalance governments, also following player feedback. Republic was king and the idea was to bring the other governments to its level, by increasing their strengths and make them able to fit different playstyles. Along with the purely numerical changes on political event values (building many military ships will no longer force you to become militarist!), we feel this brings new stakes to the political game of Endless Space 2!

BALANCE

Vaulters:

• Material Expertise: Strategic resources costs multiplier in Modernization upgrades increased from 25% to 50%
  • Probe vision range bonus from Vaulters-specific tech decreased from +40% to +25%
  • Golden Age does not scale on Game Speed anymore
  • Hero skill Geniocrat I: Science bonus reduced from +20% to +15%
  • Vaulter populations bonus damage to attacker in ground battle increased from +20 to +25
  • Increased cooldown before next free colonization by 2 turns
Space Battle:

• Rebalanced Laser & beam DPS values
  • Blast Effect battery will now do only 50% damage against medium and large ships
  • Energy and Projectile enhancer strategic cost brought from 2 to 3
  • Lenser module will grant repair per phase bonus instead of HP bonus
  • Jammer module will now grant an evasion boost in addition to its usual bonuses
  • Antipersonnel Defense drone now grant 150 manpower in addition to its usual bonuses
  • Hardened Shield Generators now grant 100 energy defense in addition to its usual bonuses
  • Turret Recovery Fields now grant +10% critical damage in addition to its usual bonuses
  • Globally reduced evasion boost on Engine modules
  • Antimatter Laser and Beam will now have a superior hull penetration rate instead of a damage boost against shields
  • Beams have been boosted back to 75% of their former value
  • Energy & Projectile Enhancer Damage boost can now only be equipped once per ship
Politics:

• Made Autocracy available for Custom factions
  • It is now possible to add governments in mods and they will appear in the interface of the game
  • Reworked political event effects:
    • Reduced power for numerous militarist events
    • Reduced power for some pacifist events
    • Increased power for some religious and ecologists events
    • Building a Wonder now always increases the religious ideology
  • Governments revamp:
    • Federation now gives +1 System before over-colonization per Hero on Empire
    • Federation now has -20% Luxury cost on System Development Upgrades
    • Democracy now has -5% Influence upkeep cost reduction per active law from different political parties
    • Dictatorship now has the strongest forced laws in the game
    • Dictatorship now grants +50% Effect to Senator skills
    • Dictatorship’s propaganda now provides an additional System effect as well as boosting party experience
    • Dictatorship now has two additional law slots unlocked on stage 3 and 5 of Empire Development respectively
Economy

• Increased growth upkeep overall for population
  • Early game food star system improvements have had their gains reduced

FIXES

• Fixed an issue where an unknown Battle Card with placeholder text was displayed in the Battle Tactics screen
  • Added Show Location Buttons to Argosy-related notifications
  • Fixed critical error when a Vodyani Ark has less than 60% HP, and tries and fails to retreat, resulting in its destruction and causing the game to remain stuck
  • Fixed an issue where ships could appear rotated after using the Skip to Action button
  • Quest planets no longer remain highlighted after the Pacifist path of the "Guardians and the galaxy" quest has failed
  • Fixed some traits filed under the wrong category which caused their description not to appear
  • Vaulters Fleet Names are now implemented
  • Fixed the Meta-Entactogen Luxury not being impacted by cost reductions
  • Fixed Need to Breed Bill not appearing for Republics

We hope you guys are excited by the added immersive content we're offering! Once you've given Lost Symphony a listen, tell us what your favorite track is!
https://www.games2gether.com/endles...ium=Post&utm_campaign=Minor_March_2018_Social

Would love to get both for the 2,6 the pop but I'm stripped of munny. L Base gamne is also on sale. Looking forward to listen the full new OST pieces.

Arnust

Savant
It's feeling kind of weird to be quadraposting... but anyway, here's more of Messieur No

:vivelafrance:

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
I've been trying patch 2.02 (heavily modded), and the pacing feels much better than 1.9. It's nice to have to think about defending choke points and divvying up your navy. Every resource now has a use, even though you'll eventually have large surpluses in all of them.

In the end, this will be a game better played as an opportunity to RP in a sci-fi strategic setting, than a puzzle to be solved and conquered. Happily, if you do mod it, the game will let you play out basically whatever archetype you want.

By comparison, Endless Space 2 was fun and immersive for a few hours, but it's a much more bare-bones experience.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is the best 4X space game I have ever played, and that includes MoO2.
Addictive stuff, gameplay is pretty intuitive and the formula feels as refined as in the Civ games.
And I love how tech progress, ship design and combat tactics are intertwined. Finally a game that takes space battles as seriously as MoO2 instead of making them an afterthough.
:5/5::5/5:

LizardWizard

Cipher
Ground combat indeed is. But isn't that a longstanding tradition in the genre? :M

ES2 ship combats are most certainly shit.

Invasions seem abstracted to the point where I don't really mind them. At the very least isn't degenerative anti-fun micro like in Stellaris.

covr

Prophet
Patron
I guess at least 3 months to go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom