Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Important taco related business

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
INGREDIENTS
  • About 2 dozen corn tortillas, preferably thin homemade ones or ones from a local tortilleria
  • 1/2pound (about 4 medium) tomatillos, husked, rinsed and cut in half
  • 3 garlic cloves, peeled
  • Hot green chillies to taste (roughly 2 or 3 serranos or 1 or 2 jalapenos), stems broken off, roughly chopped
  • About 1/4 cup (loosely packed) cilantro, thick lower stems cut off
  • 1 large, ripe avocado, pitted, flesh scooped from peel and roughly chopped
  • Salt
  • About 1/4cup fresh-rendered, room temperature pork lard (preferably the kind with bits of brown cracklings in it's what's called asiento in Oaxaca) or vegetable oil
  • About 1 pound fresh Mexican chorizo sausage, casing removed
  • About 6 ounces crumbled Mexican queso fresco or other fresh cheese such as feta or goat cheese
INSTRUCTIONS

1. The tortillas. If the tortillas are just made and very moist feeling, lay them out in a single layer and cover with a dish towel or napkin - the goal is to let them dry to leathery, so that they'll crisp on the grill.
  2. Make the tangy avocado sauce. Set a small non-stick skillet over medium-high heat (if no non-stick skillet is available, lay a piece of foil on the bottom of the skillet). Lay in the garlic and tomatillos (cut side down). When the tomatillos are well browned, 3 or 4 minutes, turn everything over and brown the other side. (The tomatillos should be completely soft.) Scoop the tomatillos and garlic into a blender or food processor, and let cool to room temperature, about 5 minutes. Add the chile, cilantro and avocado. Blend until nearly smooth. Pour into a salsa dish, thin to a drizzleable consistency with a little water, usually about 1/4 cup. Taste and season with salt, usually about 1 teaspoon.
  3. The chorizo and fresh cheese. In a medium skillet, cook the chorizo over medium heat, breaking up any clumps, until well browned, about 12 minutes. Scrape out onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess fat. Transfer to a serving dish. Scoop the crumbled cheese into a serving dish.
  4. Grill and serve the tlayudas. Turn on a gas grill to medium or light a charcoal grill and let the coals burn until medium hot and covered with white ash. Lay several tortillas on the grill and turn every 20 seconds or so until nearly crisp - depending on the heat of your fire this should take a couple of minutes. Brush the top of each tortilla completely (and a little generously) with the lard or oil, then sprinkle each with a tablespoon of chorizo. When the tortillas are completely crisp (they'll be richly browned underneath) and the chorizo is hot, remove them to a serving platter. Drizzle with the avocado sauce and sprinkle with the cheese.
mustawd. thoughts??

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
c3f099ec-d2bc-45bf-87e0-08aa080d6890_1.fe1b39d4655dfb009b8dce4114cd08df.jpeg

Complicated af and tomatillo sauce is hard to make properly like all day hard. Get some shredded or ground beef, cook with mccormick's taco seasoning then treat with chichis. Done.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
while this recipe is less gay than the one in the other thread I have but one question. Why don't you just shove some spearribs into a tortilla to create the ultimate taco?

edit: spear rib taco already exists
Slow-Cooker-Barbacoa-Beef-Rib-Tacos-13.jpg

you could improve that one by adding onions ,chheese and those chorizo sausages, which I admit I don't know but they look like they're delicious

Last edited:

Mustawd

while this recipe is less gay than the one in the other thread I have but one question. Why don't you just shove some spearribs into a tortilla to create the ultimate taco?

You can (edit: oh spareribs. Whatever. I read shortibs. Oops).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.foodandwine.com/recipes/barbacoa-beef-tacos-two-sauces

But super OG mexican food is like any other traditional food. A lot of its roots come from poor populations trying to make the most out of ingredients they have.

For example, the recipe I posted above uses shredded shortrib meat. Traditionally tho, barbacoa meat comes the head of the cow. Although, I’m not sure if even taco trucks go this far anymore as meat is pretty afordable and where the fuck are you gonna find enough cow heads on a weekly basis?

Regardless, it’s like using a whole chicken to make a broth instead of just the bones as is traditional. Same process and flavors but a bit fancier in terms of ingredients which can improve the taste.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I mainly only eat either real Mexican food, fast food or something like Chipotle, which is somewhere in between with massive portions.

Putting ribs and bbq sauce and that sort of thing is basically as repellent as corn on a pizza to me, so nah.

I like gyros, which are similar, but don't claim to be Mexican and have an entirely different set of flavors in them.

PorkBarrellGuy

Huh, last time I did homemade tacos I basically put a pork loin (?) in a crockpot with a bunch of tomatillos, onions and a bit of salt and pulled it out and threw it on some warm corn tortillas. Can't remember the exact recipe but it's simple as fuck. Been years though.

Edit: couldn't have been a loin, pork loins are boneless. What the fuck cut was it? god damn

EDIT2: shoulder, that's what it had to have been

Jason Liang

Arcane
There's something that's like a Chinese taco, although it's more like a torta. I was eating these a lot this year before I realized they were basically tacos.

肉夹膜
timg

timg

timg

timg

Uses stewed meat just like Mexican taquerias. Although it's mostly pork or lamb, I haven't seen it made with chicken (since Chinese don't stew chicken).

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Anyone got a good vegan recipe?
None that I've tried, but I'd imagine it's pretty easy.

Fry up some mushrooms and season them like you would taco meat. Then put some avocado, bell peppers and lettuce.
Bean/avocado tacos are also an option. Or rice and re-fried beans. It all comes down to how well you season things though.
Look up a vegan taco sauce recipe because it's still likely to be a little boring without sour cream or cheese.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom