Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Toufu guy said that it's shared window multiplayer only. He doesn't have the tools for doing online mode.

Last edited:

Rance4ever!

Literate
What is the effect of Nina Nirvana's buff skill? When I have her on, she randomly buffs once and disappears, what does that skill do?

How do you get naked Rance? Which Base Quests do you need to do to get him??

Which ending in Ending A is the most likely to be canon? I suspect the Sea Ending but the Breakthrough also seems plausible with Carmilla.

Jason Liang

Arcane
And the all-important Official Japanese Poll results to vote-in a secret special character in the next Rance X patch:
http://blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4935657.html
30. Narika (Beats Blade Haruka)
29. Horikawa Nami (Rance 01)
28. La Vaswald
26. Aten Gnu (Rance Quest)
26. Azulite (Diabolique)
25. Mekill (Rance 03)
24. Mizuhara Hazuki (Toushin Toshi 2)
23. Millie Lincle (Rance 03)
22. Ranceko
21. Kisara
20. Pulptenks (Rance 03)
19. Tiger Joe (Only You)
18. Dark Lord Ithere
17. Dark Lord Abert Safety
16. Karma Atranger (Rance VI, Rance Quest)
15. Lil Avenger
14. Akuji (Daiakuji)
13. Retia Adolf (Daiteikoku)
12. Haruka (Beats Blade Haruka)
11. Demon King Ssulal
10. Yukihime
9. Seyadatara (Daiakuji, Rance VI)
8. Oda Nobunaga
7. Takega Satsu (Daiakuji, Rance VI)
6. Hirasaka Hatsune 比良坂初音 (Atlach Nacha)
timg

u=1313480843,2885447027&fm=15&gp=0.jpg

5. Dark Lord Meglass
4. Escalayer
3. Demon King Gele
2. Dark Lord Sieg
1. Suzume

Last edited:

Nirvash

Liturgist
And the all-important Official Japanese Poll results to vote-in a secret special character in the next Rance X patch:
http://blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4935657.html
20. Pulptenks (Rance 03)
19. Tiger Joe (Only You)
18. Dark Lord Ithere
17. Dark Lord Abert Safety
16. Karma Atranger (Rance VI, Rance Quest)
15. Lil Avenger
14. Akuji (Daiakuji)
13. Retia Adolf (Daiteikoku)
12. Haruka (Beats Blade Haruka)
11. Demon King Ssulal
10. Yukihime
9. Seyadatara (Daiakuji, Rance VI)
8. Oda Nobunaga
7. Takega Satsu (Daiakuji, Rance VI)
6. Hirasaka Hatsune 比良坂初音 (Atlach Nacha)
timg

u=1313480843,2885447027&fm=15&gp=0.jpg

5. Dark Lord Meglass
4. Escalayer
3. Demon King Gele
2. Dark Lord Sieg
1. Suzume

I bet there are like 1 million vote gap from 1 place to 2.

Like, who give a shit about all those other people.

Stefan Vujovic

Educated
On a non-Rance related note, WHERE IS MY Daiteikoku English translation :argh::argh::argh:?

Since i already hijacked the thread, hope another question for fellow codexer's wouldn't hurt. This thread made me itch for something Sengoku Rance related so i stumbled on "Eiyuu senki the world conquest". I'm already 2h into the game, and so far i only barely petted one of the girls in world compromised solely of Hentai Girls. Depressing. When the actual :mixedemotions: is going to start and how does the game compare to Sengoku Rance?

Last edited:

DrDustCell

Educated
This is a repost from the Rance X gameplay thread.

v.1.03 is out and it's a MAJOR content update! (download here)

So far I count 29+1* new COLLECTIBLE cards for a v1.03 grand total of 969 cards, curated preview at the end of the post:

All are Part 1.

12 new Rances (cameos from R1 to R9)
7 new Shizukas (because poll, cameo from R2 onwards)
3 Suzume!!! (because poll)
1 Qoo (Evenicle cameo, not in patch notes, also a secretary)
1 Quelplan (angel ver)
1 Toppos
* 1 DK Rance (replacing previous one, this is the +1)
2 Shariela (reg/nude)
2 La Vaswald!!! (reg/nude)
1 Atlanta (naked ver- for dialogue)

After mode got a major overhaul with the addition of La Vaswald fight and the option to infinitely fight after bosses. A handful of Part 2 characters are now also available as drops in Part 1.

Lots of character/enemy skills and bios also had tweaks and additions. And treasure rarity has been rebalanced + now has 2 versions of a pity timer.

And speaking of timers, the game now shows how long you've been playing!

Here's how to get the new charas:
- You start with Qoo with a new Part 1 game.
- Quelplan, DK Rance, Toppos unlocked for drop after getting full clear achievement
- La Vaswald and nude unlocked after beating After mode La Vaswald
- the rest are just normal and NG+ unlock all character option drops.

Lastly, Alice, Chorus, Sieg, etc are still in the files (and updated even) but not yet implemented. Maybe in some ver 1.0x.

a8LyLNj.jpg

Jason Liang

Arcane
Does that mean that had Hornet won, we'd have gotten 7 more Hornets?

... even as a Shizukafag that makes me sad.

Seems like all the new Rances now Rance faction is OP. Seems like the power rankings are now 1. Rance faction 2. Demons 3. Leazas 4. Monsters 5. Free Cities 6. Nonhuman 7. Zeth 8. JAPAN 9. CITY 10. Helman

DrDustCell

Educated
Probably! I'm more partial to Lia myself, but I'll settle for more Shizuka cards lol.

Japanese anon also updated his collection tracker to 1.03, though he's still missing Lv302 DR and I'm trying to convince him to add it haha
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sgZqf739DlPEiO7ArdceW0HQulxcw1RViCFJ5nSgFnU/

Also note Quel, Toppos, DK Rance, 2 Vaswald and 2 Shariela are all ultra rare cards. SpoilerAL's ability to infinite turn came in handy there with the chance mission.

KingDoofus

Scholar
Not technically Rance related, but Evenicle was just released in English by Mangagamer. Made by same company putting out the Rance games (Alicesoft). Gameplay-wise, I've seen it described as a slightly more refined Rance Quest. I think I'm a straight-up Alicesoft fan, though I'm not sure what to think of this game yet. But I'm hopeful if enough of us get it, it will lead to more Rance games getting full English releases.

lightbane

Arcane
They must be crazy if they think they'll translate Rance 9 and 10 in a reasonable timeframe. Perhaps their plan is to go with 9 first, then do Rance Quest and such while they wait for R10's final expansion/DLC/content patch/whatever? Because I'm sure there will be one at least. Also, the series is nearly 30 years old, jesus...

We need a Rance's GAHAHAHA! emoticon by the way.

Rodcocker

Arbiter
Amazing news. I'll pretty much stop playing Rance X now and play 6-10 in order, translated.

Although I am slightly skeptical. You'd think they would hang back and see how well 7 and 8 sold before annoucing 9 and 10?

I suppose now they have full teams of people working on this, with quite a lot of experience and the support of AliceSoft, so they can probably translate as fast as humanly possible.

Maybe this kind of stuff sells way higher than anyone could imagine in the West...

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Although I am slightly skeptical. You'd think they would hang back and see how well 7 and 8 sold before annoucing 9 and 10?
Sengoku Rance cannot not sell like hotcakes.

Even I am considering buying it despite the horribur drm mangagamer seems to employ.

KingDoofus

Scholar
Well, Evenicle has been out now long enough to get a sense of that return (same company, similar game). I haven't seen any numbers but I'm assuming it did well enough that they're going forward with Alicesoft. Rance 6 and Haruka were some of their top sellers too. Mangagamer likes bringing these games over, so as long as they're profitable at all we're likely to see some continued investment in them.

But yeah... Rance X is still getting content updates (which is a good thing!). Alicesoft has hinted there's a lot of stuff that was cut before release they would like to patch in, though whether that's realistic or wishful thinking is anyone's guess. I can't imagine they'd even start making serious efforts toward translation until it's resembling finished.

Do translated Japanese games from over a decade ago sell like hot cakes? I have to wonder. But then Sengoku Rance is a league apart from the average moeblob crap, so it would be difficult to compare.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Arunaru said that Rance IX was already fully translated - it only needs Editing.

Sengoku Rance is kind of a strange case because it's considered so good that it's very likely there's a decent amount of people who would be willing to purchase the game despite having played the fan-translation for free, especially due to its replayability. There really aren't a lot of games in comparable circumstances to that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom