Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demise: Ascension - is anyone else here playing it?

tindrli

Arcane
Me too..that was long ago. Anyone have a working link? Ffs cant find mine backup

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
This process to finally launch the game. :prosper:
Sign in on Gamersgate and buy the game.
Download the downloader.
Launch downloader which launches installer, enter Gamersgate account name and pass again.
Install, enter e-mail and a first key available on Gamersgate.
Ask for a second key by filling out a registration form on Ascension site, check e-mail for the key.
Install the game.
Sign in on Ascension site to download update and install update.
Launch game.

tindrli

Arcane
This process to finally launch the game. :prosper:
Sign in on Gamersgate and buy the game.
Download the downloader.
Launch downloader which launches installer, enter Gamersgate account name and pass again.
Install, enter e-mail and a first key available on Gamersgate.
Ask for a second key by filling out a registration form on Ascension site, check e-mail for the key.
Install the game.
Sign in on Ascension site to download update and install update.
Launch game.

interesting but mine is not working any more. and ascension site does not gives me shit

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I think I played this game for dozens of hours and never made it past the slave drivers or sth.

I couldn't really figure out the interface, though. I couldn't believe how passive the gameplay appeared to be, apart from walking. Still, great fun exploring the dungeon and slowly filling in the map as new generations of your heroes die checking out where the teleporters go :)

tindrli

Arcane
I think I played this game for dozens of hours and never made it past the slave drivers or sth.

I couldn't really figure out the interface, though. I couldn't believe how passive the gameplay appeared to be, apart from walking. Still, great fun exploring the dungeon and slowly filling in the map as new generations of your heroes die checking out where the teleporters go :)

i could get to slave drivers and back with my eyes closed :D didnt managed to learn leves below i spent yeeeears in Dwarf mine grinding THose were good times.. last time i played i was constantly on levels 19 and 20 . i even managed to find a TEA ROOM once... aaaand i forgot where it was

covr

Prophet
Patron
Fucking Tea Room! It was so hard to find it for the first, second and third time.
BTW, can anyone confirm if those newly added areas are any good?

Dorateen

Arcane
One of the ways that Demise made an impression on me was how the dungeon expands to create an entire game world. You've got multiple levels of underground forests, graveyards, the aforementioned mines, and of course those dreaded water areas. (I hate water areas.) There's the pyramid deep down, and all those thematic zones like "Heaven and Hell" or hidden locations such as the tea room.

One point regarding the passive nature of combat. Remember that you can always use the keyboard command shift-P to pause a battle in order to consider tactics, use different items and spells and target groups of enemies.

agris

Arcane
Patron
This game looks insane, and reminds me of the original everquest.

Bought.

Is there a manual though? I don't want to navigate Decklin's website for a second longer than needed. It looks like he pioneered the template GeoCities used.

litk

Novice
Playing Anscension is a wasting of time. Demise The Revelation is the best game ever.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
You can play this game only in a window, not fullscreen on Windows10.
I am sure you can change the screen resolution in Demise The Revelation to 1024x768.
But how? I cannot find this information on the net, and I have forgotten the method :(
Now I would like to play this game again.

(Honestly I was playing Bards Tale Trilogy Remastered and the combat was super boring with no challenge at all. Encounter->Press AAAADDD->Win. Then I suddenly came to understand why Demise has automated combat! What an enlightenment :) )

Alchemist

Arcane
You can play this game only in a window, not fullscreen on Windows10.
I am sure you can change the screen resolution in Demise The Revelation to 1024x768.
But how? I cannot find this information on the net, and I have forgotten the method :(
Now I would like to play this game again.

(Honestly I was playing Bards Tale Trilogy Remastered and the combat was super boring with no challenge at all. Encounter->Press AAAADDD->Win. Then I suddenly came to understand why Demise has automated combat! What an enlightenment :) )
Demise Ascension runs full-screen with Windows 10 if you launch with the correct shortcut (the one that doesn't say Windowed Mode) and run the Ascension Render Configuration program to select the SGI OpenGL Software Renderer option. Not sure if Revelation has something similar, as I've not played it.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
How can I defeat the Gruks? Only the Blade of Sacrifice can kill them but there is only one blade.
Any tip or trick, or the appropriate party level, attack, defense values?

Dorateen

Arcane
How can I defeat the Gruks? Only the Blade of Sacrifice can kill them but there is only one blade.

If I remember correctly, you can go back and get more sacrifice blades. There are multiple/respawning instances of items (and monsters) in this game, so you should be able to equip four characters when you fight the gruks.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I installed the thing from the link I posted above and when I try to start it it only gives me an "Unexpected error; quitting"

Well damn.

Windows 7 64bit btw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom