Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demise: Ascension - is anyone else here playing it?

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Okay... So from what I understand there's a free version somewhere? Is that the rise of the ku'tan? The official page is made of AIDS, and I can't find anything on it.

Enrymion

Novice
Yep, here's a full game with unofficial expansion integrated http://www.dtr-dojo.com/download
Thanks, not sure what's causing it but I couldn't get autohotkey to work with Ascension but with Revelation it works(or is there a native way to customize controls?). Also both version allow you to duplicate money infinitely if you just make a character with ä in the name while applocale is set to japanese.

tindrli

Arcane
Yep, here's a full game with unofficial expansion integrated http://www.dtr-dojo.com/download
Thanks, not sure what's causing it but I couldn't get autohotkey to work with Ascension but with Revelation it works(or is there a native way to customize controls?). Also both version allow you to duplicate money infinitely if you just make a character with ä in the name while applocale is set to japanese.

why would you want that.. it gets boring quicky

Enrymion

Novice
why would you want that.. it gets boring quicky
I just wanted to name my character Räänpää but his bank didn't seem to work so I had to figure out what was going on and report it to the game's dev just in case it might get fixed someday though seeing as bug report email address no longer existed and mantis doesn't seem to have had any reports looked at in 2 years I kind of doubt it.

Martyr

Arcane
when was this game originally released?? google says 1999 but gamersgate says 2012.

PrettyDeadman

I don't play it, but I wanted to get in playing it since I read about this game in 2000.

Martyr

Arcane
Pretty read about it in 2000 --> answer to my question
this means I'll buy it right away. old dungeon crawlers are insta-buys.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Just a word of warning, the Mordor/Demise variant of dungeon crawlers feels very different from the usual TB-based ones like Wizardry or RT-based ones like Dungeon Master, it's its own evolutionary offshoot that combines aspects of both

Martyr

Arcane
Just a word of warning, the Mordor/Demise variant of dungeon crawlers feels very different from the usual TB-based ones like Wizardry or RT-based ones like Dungeon Master, it's its own evolutionary offshoot that combines aspects of both
sounds interesting :salute: already bought Demise Ascension; I'm still busy with Arx Fatalis atm but after I'm done with that I'll check out Demise and Devil Whiskey.

covr

Prophet
Patron
50% off is still a shitty deal, the game was bundled for 5 dorra few years back. Shame that I have missed that deal.
So, anyone got some spare key left?

PrettyDeadman

The are 2 games, Demise Rise of Ku'Tan was released in 1999, Ascencion is like big addon or smth and it was released in 2011.

Martyr

Arcane
The are 2 games, Demise Rise of Ku'Tan was released in 1999, Ascencion is like big addon or smth and it was released in 2011.
:hmmm:
but the core game was released in 1999, so I guess everything is fine. I'm a 90s-games-fetishist.

Higher Game

Arcane
At this point I think a 3d dungeon crawler has to have a great story and art to be appealing. The grognard itch is better satisfied with roguelikes or hardcore mods to strategy games. Maybe you had to be there in the late 90's to get into it, but back then the "mainstream" RPG's were too good anyway and even MMORPG's weren't popamoled yet.

It might have been great if it had been released a few years earlier, and with lovely sprite graphics, but I don't get the appeal at this point. Maybe the multiplayer is the best part, but good luck finding anyone into that. Heh.

tindrli

Arcane
50% off is still a shitty deal, the game was bundled for 5 dorra few years back. Shame that I have missed that deal.
So, anyone got some spare key left?

there is a free version but website seems to be down .. i had it somewhere.. not on the job fuck

covr

Prophet
Patron
I have played DTR to death on multi shortly after it was released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom