Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Call of Saregnar - a Betrayal at Krondor-inspired RPG

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Maybe good games are possible.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Thanks bros. I need a couple of years to bring it to a fully-featured playable state (with minimal content), a demo in fact, then I will consider some sort of crowdfunding solution (fig/indiegogo) or if I manage to get enough of an income via my patreon devlog, that’s also an option.

Why not Kickstarter though as an option for crowfunding? Fig is well, fig, even founding fathers of fig don't use it or barely mention it (in few years time I doubt it will even exist) while indiegogo is more like indienono when it comes to collecting any sizeable amount of money. Did Kickstarter run over your dog or something or you simply forgot to mention it?

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
eSpxW8z.png
:shredder:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Just throw some money into the fucking patreon, ya bunch of jews.

I need a couple of years to bring it to a fully-featured playable state (with minimal content)
:negative:

At least he's being realistic about it, rather than lying as everyone else has been doing with the whole kickstarter fad.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Why not Kickstarter though as an option for crowfunding? Fig is well, fig, even founding fathers of fig don't use it or barely mention it (in few years time I doubt it will even exist) while indiegogo is more like indienono when it comes to collecting any sizeable amount of money. Did Kickstarter run over your dog or something or you simply forgot to mention it?

The problem with KS is that it’s not available in my little insignificant country, unless you have a company registered abroad or smtn.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
I think what I like about that screenshot is that it evokes a feeling of being out on a hillside and watching a thunderstorm roll in. Don't know if that's what's actually happening, but the darkness of the sky and the shady appearance of the terrain and buildings really capture that aesthetic. It's moody in just the right way. I haven't seen a screenshot from this game that hasn't impressed me in some way.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Thanks for all the heartwarming responses, it sure made my day.

As for the chicks thing, yes that one is a bit of a bait, but that's as far as the game will go skin-exposing-wise. I agree with Lagi on the whole ":bounce: has no place in RPGs" thing, so go and take a cold shower bros.
:buildawall:
i smell fear.

Citizen

Role-playing elements and :bounce: complete each other. Combining them is the only way to create a true masterpiece.

Barbalos

Savant
This looks amazing! I am excited for its eventual release, even if it is several years away. One thing I am wondering is, do you have any writing experience or credentials you are proud of? I ask since the writing in Betrayal at Krondor was so consistently good, and the writers had an established and interesting world already created to work within.

I wish you the best of success in bringing this project to completion, and I may participate in crowdfunding in the future, if that becomes an option. Good luck!

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
One thing I am wondering is, do you have any writing experience or credentials you are proud of? I ask since the writing in Betrayal at Krondor was so consistently good, and the writers had an established and interesting world already created to work within.

Sadly, I do not have much writing experience, at least nothing published to show. I believe I can produce decent writing though, given time, but I am a slow writer, so that's probably my Achille's heel in this project. Still, I do have the passion for writing and am ready to accept this challenge, and in fact, I am looking forward to tackle this the most, once all the game's systems are complete. I was also thinking of hiring help with it, but not at this stage, as I want to keep the vision and creative direction in my control. Once I have a framework in place and some writing in, then I'll probably look for someone who can help. The last thing I want though, is to have many writers on the project... I want the dialogues and other writing to feel consistent throughout the game.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Looks both mechanically and visually/aesthetically like Daggerfall
How does Daggerfall strike you and not Betrayal at Krondor?

Because Krondor kinda looks like ass comparing to this one?

Not to mention, the primary strength of Krondor was having a solid foundation in form of Feist's setting and characters. Take these out and you get a shadow of a game, as proven by Antara.

V_K

Arcane
Not to mention, the primary strength of Krondor was having a solid foundation in form of Feist's setting and characters. Take these out and you get a shadow of a game, as proven by Antara.
Not really, Return to Krondor had Feist, but we all know how it turned out.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
There are so many great writers out there, many of them active in this very forum, like sser or ITS collaborator Scott Hamm. This is the kind of project that would benefit most from someone full of the exuberance of a young man -- Neal and Chris were both 27 when BAK and PS:T, respectively, were released. I don't think you need to chase old veterans, and in fact if we want to nurture the next generation, the way to do it is to create pipelines other than QA or writing game journalism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom