Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
So far I found 2 beetles instead of 1 beetle and some extra skeletons. If that's their idea of increased difficulty I think we might need to wait more yet.

Also an extra wizard on gorecci street and some thugs, but it only matters if you aggro everything on yourself at once. One empowered spell with blind like chillfog/sunbeam and no problems.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What I find peculiarly funny is how you guys are getting mad at Josh for doing what he did last time. This is what he does. And much like last time, Deadfire whatever.whatever will be superior to 1.0.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
ITT people who believe that you can make a single player game better by taking the most powerful tools available to the player and making them not powerful.

Modern game design in disrepair, more shocking news at 11.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
ITT people who believe that you can make a single player game better by taking the most powerful tools available to the player and making them not powerful.
Codex 2009: Dragon Age: Origins is terrible because you can just use (OP ability) on everything
Nearly 10 years later: wtf why would you nerf op abilities

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Dragon Age
:shitposting:

And for the record, I'm not talking about abilities. I'm talking about stuff that was posted itt about items, like that example with changing aura from 5 to 3%. Literally no one outside of autists (and in this cases it's not a joke or a hyperbole) wants or needs this.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

There is no fun in just walking through the game because I was "smart" enough to equip absurdly strong items.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane

There is no fun in just walking through the game because I was "smart" enough to equip absurdly strong items.
And this is a reply to what I wrote how exactly? Do you people even play crpgs? Does the possibility of equipping Bloodlust make Wizardry 8 a bad game for you?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And for the record, I'm not talking about abilities. I'm talking about stuff that was posted itt about items, like that example with changing aura from 5 to 3%. Literally no one outside of autists (and in this cases it's not a joke or a hyperbole) wants or needs this.
Stacking small numbers adds up, any D&D veteran knows this.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

And this is a reply to what I wrote how exactly? Do you people even play crpgs? Does the possibility of equipping Bloodlust make Wizardry 8 a bad game for you?

Dumpsterfire already isn't a good game, it should at least provide adequate challenge that's not invalidated instantly by playing the game right. Power in a game is relative. Being powerful does not feel as good if it comes so easily.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Stacking small numbers adds up.
Bro, that's so deep. I'm glad that smaller numbers don't add up and their solution makes perfect sense then.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
you wanna fix the difficulty? get rid of empower, tone down a few more awesome buttons, make the enemy ai less stupid, give some enemies some buffs and/or change their encounter compositions
These are tasks that require at least a modicum of talent, blankent nerf doesn't.

You clearly are looking for the wrong droids, mate.

Shadenuat

Arcane
ahahah

boardanddragonshitassleg.jpg

eN.gif

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A sign of things to come? Modders hard at work fixing; you can finally be a dragon in PoE2:
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/1...looded-barbarian-subclass-turn-into-a-dragon/

https://www.nexusmod...rnity2/mods/76/

I've been working on this relentlessly for a few weeks. At first it was just going to be a simple replacement of Carnage and maybe a fire skill.

But it turned into transforming into a big freakin dragon and tearing apart enemies with unique skills and abilities.

Enjoy.

76-1528014667-1768648315.jpeg
I've been browsing the nexus. Three weeks after release, there are 70 mods, the majority of which are cheat-mods that bump the power of some ability, or remove some limitation. The rest is portraits, writing, and the occasional class overhaul. I guess it will get more interesting once Obsidian release some documentation or other stuff.
The absence of tools for modding 2D assets is also a factor. We could have been swimming in UI mods, Item icon packs, etc. One guy even asked me on the Obsidian forums, how hard it is to import some godlike heads he has been making.

fabulously optimistic of you to assume these folks know what you're talking about :lol:
I tried to play a blobber once, and I couldn't bear the graphics.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Is that screenshot from PoTD? That might actually be over the top to have "3 skull" drakes this early and nerfed items and abilities on top of it, lol.

But I guess if we wanted it harder, we got it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Talking about nerfs, I'm surprised no one has yet commented on the nerfing of Knockdown in Deadfire. Are there no True Gamers in these halls?

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I've been browsing the nexus. Three weeks after release, there are 70 mods, the majority of which are cheat-mods that bump the power of some ability, or remove some limitation. The rest is portraits, writing, and the occasional class overhaul. I guess it will get more interesting once Obsidian release some documentation or other stuff.
The absence of tools for modding 2D assets is also a factor. We could have been swimming in UI mods, Item icon packs, etc. One guy even asked me on the Obsidian forums, how hard it is to import some godlike heads he has been making.

I have seen some interesting stuff to make new trinkets and other items, but there is not too much now. Do you think it will be possible to make companions or sidekicks at some point?

Prime Junta

Is that screenshot from PoTD? That might actually be over the top to have "3 skull" drakes this early and nerfed items and abilities on top of it, lol.

Played it on Veteran. There was a 3 2-skull drake. It was a good fight, but ought to be a lot harder on PotD. I beat it on the first try, but opened up with a trap and a grenade to soften them up, and even then I had to work for it. The balance patch is looking good, and Veteran feels right where it should be, at that point anyway.

As to that 50% nerf? That ought to sort out midgame difficulty nicely, where people would otherwise be stacking multiple +2 items to get ahead of the power curve.

(Yes fantadomat I've been at my game computer since Friday and had a bit of time to check it out.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
PoE1 and Tyranny don't have any interesting mods either. I'm not sure if Numanuma has a Nexus page at all.
Heck, even the portrait packs are generally trash.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom