Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
And yet you play deadfire, which is infinitely worse.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And yet you play deadfire, which is infinitely worse.
How is it worse? Go full retard please.

That is why they should have done their job and balanced the game before they released it as early access.
Obsidian are outrageous! You have every right to be expecting an interesting, stable and balanced game, after you paid good money for it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
201806030958241.jpg

:hmmm:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Holy cow these item changes.

Just as I decided to praise the game "no fun allowed" autism went into overdrive again.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
two posts above: mutually assured retardo
I know better than to take seriously obvious morons, and with Animu avatars.

Umm, it's a character from a really good game, why is it associated with being a moron?
I ousted him in a battle of wits, easily mind you. His only recourse to defend his fragile mind was to rate me retarded and mock my appearance.
His ignorant opinions spoke more of him than I.

Shadenuat

Arcane
everyone (even codex! maybe even peoples usually writing reviews and hating PoE1 items): boy this time items are not bad, I am having fun with this (insert build) here

(dramatic music)

:littlemissfun: DID SOMEONE SAY

"FUN"?

QUICK!

dahon-eez-d3-2017-folding-bike-blue-EV302061-5000-1.jpg
TO THE BALANCEMOBILE!

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
boy this time items are not bad, I am having fun with this (insert build) !

It's really a shame, the items were some of the best ones I've seen, with cooler effects than even Bg2.

Yeah, some outliers like the multihits & skill scaling stuff needed nerfs, but hitting everything just to cull total party power is asinine. Might as well applied a blanket -10% damage taken to enemy mobs.

suddenly random-ass fire giant vikings

because why not i guess?

Their fortress is one of the best looking areas.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What’s the advantage of using a counter system rather than RNG?.

It's not really an advantage, I was mostly giving it as an example of something more controlled and reliable. These RNG procs kind of make my skin crawl at this point, their usefulness depending on "luck" and you can't really plan around them. There are other ways to add RNG without adding it on top of everything.

Sizzle

Arcane
So, in all seriousness, is this game any better than PoE1?

It's a huge improvement in every way (except sales :mca: and difficulty :balance:).

And the writing and the even more disconnected main quest.

All the good writers have left Obs, and it shows.

Most everything else: quest solutions, factions, dungeon design, fewer trash mobs, improved itemization, build variety - is a step up from the first game. If/when they patch out the combat difficulty and fine-tune the game some more, it'll be pretty good.

For now, it's the same case as when PoE1 first came out - a promising game, that could be so much more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom