Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Might & Magic Book Two for the SNES is now in English!

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
ANNOUNCING A PROJECT IN NEED OF TESTING!

71qZt%2BnRwWL._SL1024_.jpg

s-l300.jpg

might-and-magic-book-2.0.png
xogvUal.png
LhP4Nr8.png
fkrbWmj.png
RAAYXJA.png
GpbBe4K.png

This project originally was an accident stumbled upon when looking at YouTube videos of Might and Magic game plays. I noticed a whole different version was made in Japan vs. the original only released on PCs and in Europe for the SNES. The SNES European version was also known for having some code issues which made it even more difficult to play such as some spells not working and a few other things. Playing this version was very much different and thought it deserved to be put in English!

Modified by MrRichard999
D.D.S.
DackR
Dr.Floppy

Translated by AgentOrange

TESTING DONE BY GRAUKEN, MUSCLESPARK, MUSTARD, AND NOSTALJADED.

100% Complete!
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3693/

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I'm mostly travelling the next two weeks, but otherwise I could help

Last edited:

Twizman

Scholar
This was a game I also found on the net and really wanted to play. Exciting!

getter77

Augur
Congrats on this glorious achievement---knocking out winner projects left and right out of nowhere and with no discernible pattern aside from forgotten classics! Hell, ever thought about tangling with any Sorcerian? Probably about the longest drought ridden folks beyond the Wizardry and such crowd given how much is out there. This kind of momentum and variety within the last year or so is the stuff of dreams that encourages folks to dream again~

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
There are a few groups who are doing work at the moment like Dynamic Designs, Tom & D.D.S, and a bunch of people working on PC-98 games lately. Hopefully some nice projects will be out real soon. I am hoping to have Power Dolls 3 done real soon and we got another SNES RPG that is in the works at the moment :D

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Congrats on this glorious achievement---knocking out winner projects left and right out of nowhere and with no discernible pattern aside from forgotten classics! Hell, ever thought about tangling with any Sorcerian? Probably about the longest drought ridden folks beyond the Wizardry and such crowd given how much is out there. This kind of momentum and variety within the last year or so is the stuff of dreams that encourages folks to dream again~

I did try to do Sorcerian Forever but it has some odd compression that needs to be figured out... :( Maybe someone can get a handle on how that text works and we can resume it one day.

Repressed Homosexual
Its just a bit of a shame that you seem to be limited to five party members and they seem to have cut some of the dialogue (the introductory speech for instance is much shorter than in the DOS version). Otherwise it seems like a great port.

I think I remember seeing that in the Genesis port of MM2 combat was dumbed down too. Can anyone confirm...

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Its just a bit of a shame that you seem to be limited to five party members and they seem to have cut some of the dialogue (the introductory speech for instance is much shorter than in the DOS version). Otherwise it seems like a great port.

I think I remember seeing that in the Genesis port of MM2 combat was dumbed down too. Can anyone confirm...
Indeed it was. It lacked row mechanics. In a blobber

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Also added the icons next to the items for easier and faster identification in the menus to help with game play which was also not traditional in part 2 but was in Part 3 :P

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Awesome shit mang. From the stuff I read online it seems this version of the game is a bit different from the original PC version and features stronger Wizardry vibes than the PC original.

This japanese version of SNES MM2 is also completely different from the other localized release of the game for SNES/Genesis.

So, there are 2 different versions of console MM2: the localized SNES/Genesis versions which were "dumbed down" (don't know the exact details but they're regarded as very bad ports), and this now-translated japanese SNES version of MM2 which is held in very high regard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom