Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

frajaq

Erudite
What kind of balance patch doesn't carefully shows each change for the classes?????? :argh:

They prolly haven't went into classes yet, it says encounter balancing for veteran and PotD.

Some people are already reporting changes to class abilities
Fighter Charge now only stuns instead of making an Attack
Monk's Swift Flurry was nerfed
and others I imagine

Parabalus

Arcane
Looks like Deadfire's alpha is over, open beta will continue until early 2019 from the looks of it.

Tigranes

Arcane
Good good, just about time for second playthrough, gotta do six more before you're eligible to write that neutral-positive kodex review

frajaq

Erudite
6N4x4b6.png

Tigranes

Arcane
BTW, anyone know how spell scrolls work and what power level they cast at? I tried a Minoletta's Crunchy Breakfast Cereal thing at one point at a clump of enemies and there were numbers flying everywhere.

As for obnoxiously overpowered I suppose Chill Fog is the new Slicken

Shadenuat

Arcane
Eh, Slicken is still Slicken. I once created multiple poo puddles with Transmuter under Kraken, and turned Kraken into a living tennis ball. At first I didn't even understand what was happening as giant thing was flying up and down by spell and monk kick flipping it in the air, everything glitched the fuck out.

The scrolls, should scale with Arcana, just like other consumables scale with their respective skills. That's how bombs manage to destroy high level enemies + they get bonuses from stats and maybe even difficulty level.

What did you expect from these skills - that you must have them to actually craft items? Haha. That design be not progressive enough :shittydog:

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, I realised that pumping Arcana and Explosives is the way to go. It's probably too powerful, but I do really like it that they have one location where it makes sense to find a ton of bombs, and afterwards you can grenade motherfuckers like Concelhaut with impunity.

Parabalus

Arcane
Is there info from JES directly where he explains why he added the abomination that is Empower?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Is there info from JES directly where he explains why he added the abomination that is Empower?

It's supposed to be one of the things that helps to balance single and multi-classes, no?

Like, single-class Wizard has more Empower mojo, so he can really fuck shit up.

I agree that it feels like very obnoxious Awesome Button, but in this case it's probably by design. It's meant to kick ass, otherwise there's no reason to single-class anything in this game.

Edit: here

new_multiclassing_table.jpg

Tigranes

Arcane
But you're limited to 1 empower per battle anyway? Is it that much of a boon for single classes?

I wouldn't know, I've been using it exclusively as an abilities refresher in long battles, and from next playthrough I'm probably going to stop using it altogether.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yeah, single-class Ewoker is probably the best damage dealer in the game right now. Empowered minolettas can delete entire blobs.

Fairfax

Arcane
Yeah, single-class Ewoker is probably the best damage dealer in the game right now. Empowered minolettas can delete entire blobs.
Assassin/Evoker is even more ridiculous. It can use empowered spells from stealth with +4 penetration, +25 accuracy, and +50% crit Damage. With some passives form later levels, you can get +10% crit damage, +15% damage, +10 accuracy, and +1 penetration with empowered spells.

Sinatar

Arbiter
But you're limited to 1 empower per battle anyway? Is it that much of a boon for single classes?

I wouldn't know, I've been using it exclusively as an abilities refresher in long battles, and from next playthrough I'm probably going to stop using it altogether.

I 1 shot the end boss with an empowered lvl 9 missile spell. If you're using empower to refill you're wasting it. The power bump to your shit is fucking absurd.

Tigranes

Arcane

I 1 shot the end boss with an empowered lvl 9 missile spell. If you're using empower to refill you're wasting it. The power bump to your shit is fucking absurd.

I mean, that's why I'm not using it. It could have been a reasonable mechanic, but...

also laff laff to anybody that say a class in poe is 'nerfed'

Fairfax

Arcane
Some changes noticed by reddit users and Obsidian's forums:

• Boots of Stone have gone down to +1 Resolve from +2
  • Whitewitch Mask is down to +1 Illusion PL, from +2
  • Cabalist's Gambelson Retaliatory Runes enchant is down to 10% reflection, from 15%
  • Mirrorback is now 10% reflection and +5 Ranged Deflection, from 20% and +8
  • Firethrower's Gloves is now +1 Evocation PL, from +2
  • Upright Captain's Belt is now +1 Constitution, from +2
  • Concelhaut's Skull now gives 5% Corrode damage and +1 Concelhaut PL, from +2 PL
  • Spearcaster may have had it's Arcana scaling merged with an enchant- The Elemental Bolts damage down to 3% Fire/Frost/Shock/Corrode each, from 5%. Possibly a lower scaling on the Accuracy boost. Pinning Enchant down to 20%, from 50%
  • Eye of Wael Obfuscation down to 10% from 25%, Illusive spell now shows 5% (from the previous 0% that it showed; unknown actual percentage), Hundred Vision enchant down to +2 Illusion PL from +3, Lidless Gaze Enchant down to 1 per rest uses, from 2 per rest
  • Shimmer Scale down to 5 Defense vs. Fire attacks from (iirc) +10
  • Strand of Favor to 10% on both the increase buff time / decrease debuff time, from 15%
  • Baubles of the Fin aura to 3% Bonus damage, from 5%
  • Boots of Speed to +15 Deflection on Disengagement, from +25
  • Acina's Tricorn down to 10% faster reloads, from 20%
  • Gauntlet's for Greater Reliability down to 25% Graze-to-Hit conversion, from 30%
  • Base Deflection from quality levels on Shields has seemed to go up (need some confirmation on this; +6 at Legendary now seems higher than before)
  • Thaos' Headdress aura down to +5 Accuracy and +5% damage vs. Flanked targets, from +10 each
  • Halgot's Warmth down to +1 Priest Restoration levels, from +3(?)
  • Xoti's Lantern
    Light of the Dawnstar enchant scaling may be broken- at 19 Religion, aura still only shows 10%. Down from previous 29% (could also be a visual bug and is working) seems to be heavily reduced. 5% base SR, 0.25% per point in Religion (only 18% at 50 Religion) courtesy of /u/DO__SOMETHING He also noted that it may now definitely works correctly and will not reflect friendly spells.
  • Wahai Poroga changed. At Blade's Reach now sshows -20% Melee Damage upon launching an attack, from the -100% previously shown. Dug-In enchant is now +2% Action Speed when hit in Melee, stacks 10 times, removed on Movement. Changed from -100% Recovery upon being hit.
  • Miscreant's Leather Down to -10% Recovery Time, from -15%
  • Humility down to 10% Slash damage reduction, from 20%. The two enchants now provide 10% reduction from Crush or Pierce, from 20%
  • Effigy's Husk aura Skaen's Resesntment down to 50% Healing reduction, from 75%. 75% Healing reduction may have just been moved into an enchant, Skaen's Hatred (possibly remembering this one wrong, feel free to chip in if you know better than I)
  • Boots of Stability down to a 25% reduction in Dexterity Afflictions, from 50%
  • Boltcatchers down to 20% on both abilities, from (iirc) 33% each
  • Heart-Chime Amulet Death Godlike/Watcher ability down to 5%, from 10%. Other abilities seem slightly nerfed, but I'm not entirely sure.
  • Tarn's Respite down to 15% bonus Cold damage, from 20%
  • Just a little change- all Grimoires look different to me now, visually. I Could just be crazy, but sort of looks like they are more unique in appearance?
  • Devil of Caroc's Breastplate Articulated down to -10%, from -20%. Mechanical Mind now only applies to Intellect Afflictions (assumed that similar change was done to physical version of the enchant). Devil's Due down to +2 Health, from +4.
  • The Watcher's Blade Soul Shredding upgrade down to 20%, from 25%.
  • Whisper's of Yenwood down to 20% vs. Spirits, from 25%.
  • Nature Godlike is +1 now
  • Doublecast on empower is gone
  • The +2 evocation gloves everyone uses are +1 now
  • Kuaru's Prize is 5% instead of 10%
  • Sun and Moon's double cast is only 5% now
  • Thundercrack Pistol now has paralyze 2s on crit
  • Boots of the Stone lost 1 resolve I think
  • Illusion mask is +1 power level now
  • Cadhu Scalth is 3 Deflection + 0.25 per 1 Athletics now
Some op skills of other classes also got hit with the nerfbat:
  • Set to their purpose... is basically gone now, it's just 3 tier 1 inspirations
  • Priests acc +20 buff is +10 now
Charge no longer full attacks enemies, it instead applies a stun.

Turning Wheel has had the lash damage reduced from 5% per wound to 2% (For a total of 20% as opposed to 50%)
Monks got some nerfs. Lightning strikes for example. So far it doesn't seem to be a big deal. I did notice the wording of turning wheel changed to say melee attacks or weapon attacks, so it might not work with spells and such anymore which would be one of the bigger monk nerfs. Not sure how swift flurry currently works though.

Cipher body attunement got nerfed pretty hard. Kind of stupid considering other classes have passives better than it is now... Everything else seems about the same so far. Which is honestly unfortunate because I was hoping for cipher buffs.

The priest single target inspiration buffs now have a 0.5 second cast time instead of 3.

Chanter brilliant inspiration is gone. The 100% healing chant is now 50%.

Fighter charge now does stun instead of full attack. Unbending is now 25% and 33%.

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff I haven't noticed yet. Mostly newb island is now hard on PoTD.. there was even a Drake in the fight where you get Aloth (I would have been screwed there if I hadn't grabbed a hireling)... and I skipped the looters until after I got Aloth because there was so many of them.

Oh yeah and Nature godlike is +1 power levels now for wellspring of life.
I noticed chanter's song gives 50% healing bonus instead of 100%.
Aloth's Keybreak scepter doesn't bounce to additional targets anymore, which is a heavy nerf to my Transcendent build. Who even used scepters? I don't think anyone considered them OP....
Frostseeker Bow got a nerf too. Used to be +25% Freeze damage per projectile, now it's +10%. I think the base damage might have been dropped by 1-2 points as well, though I feel like the latter was unnecessary, as when combined with the nerf to the additional freeze damage, the freeze damage now only hits for like 1 damage per arrow compared to the 2-4 from before.

The damage of the frost AoE for critting appears to have been adjusted somehow. I originally thought it had been nerfed by about 30-50%, but upon further observation, it seems more like it received a slight overall nerf AND the AoE damage had its minimum damage lowered (I've observed the AoE doing anywhere from 11-22 critical damage post-patch, whereas before the patch it would usually do anywhere between 16-24).

Open beta indeed. :M

Ulfhednar

Savant
Why hit things with the nerf bat if combat is a joke from level 12+ on? Beef up encounters so that you actually have legit tests to balance against.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom