Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

Bohr

Arcane
Was going to refrain from posting more of these, but this was inspired by the 'Slav Epic' and hence relevant to Codex tastes

Cael

Arcane
What.

*checks posted link*

:what:

What's up with tabletop writers invariably going full retard? At first I thought it was mostly exclusive to World of Darkness' lunatic writers, but it is not the case.
Trying to show their SJW street cred: "The universe is a dark place. There is no Good or Evil, no white knights, just various shades of grey and black. Everyone is Evil to a certain extent and every decision ends in disaster. Oh, woe is the human race."

Dragon Age did that and went full retard on it by the second one.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
So this is a pretty good game who's main campaign doesnt feature any actual humans?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
So this is a pretty good game who's main campaign doesnt feature any actual humans?

more or less i suppose

fortunately you can ignore the dialogues etc p. much almost completely

idk what loony would actually read mechwarrior bios (i didnt even notice they existed lol) or talk with the crewmembers - after i tried that for the first two times i knew it was banal/shit/boring, and there's no real incentive to get to the bottom of their deep lores since there's no rpg carrot on a stick here in the form of crew stat increases or whatever after listening to them drone on about shit

Quigs

Magister
idk what loony would actually read mechwarrior bios (i didnt even notice they existed lol) or talk with the crewmembers - after i tried that for the first two times i knew it was banal/shit/boring, and there's no real incentive to get to the bottom of their deep lores since there's no rpg carrot on a stick here in the form of crew stat increases or whatever after listening to them drone on about shit

The Kickstarter ones are the best cringe. I read them to feel better about my writing. I hope someone's got a compilation out there.

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck

Is he right or is he wrong?

If there's anything proven at this point it's that simply being battletech is not enough to make a game not suck, especially when devs try to 'improve' things. Even just watching his video you can tell there is more fucked up about this game than just the pronouns and hilarious eye makeup.

I'll probably fail to remove from inventory at some point. Loading up a mech with machineguns and instantly terminating an atlas is still usually fun no matter how much they screw things up (if they don't fuck this up too like they did in MW 4).

I really don't understand why someone gives two shits about the pronouns and stuff. How does that detract from *your* enjoyment? And it may add to someone else's without any actual effect on you. Get over it.

That being said - the game is so disappointing. I really wanted to love the fuck out of it, but it's just so... mediocre.

Cael

Arcane

Is he right or is he wrong?

In some ways right, in most ways wrong. Even he admitted HBS shat all over the lore, and once you do that, you aren't playing BTech anymore, just a mecha game.

Therefore, BTech isn't back. Mecha combat is. You can call this Front Mission and it won't make a difference.

Cael

Arcane
Loading up a mech with machineguns and instantly terminating an atlas is still usually fun no matter how much they screw things up (if they don't fuck this up too like they did in MW 4).
That is only really possible in MW since you can direct all fire at the CT. In TT, you are likely to scatter the damage all over the 'mech. Of course, the sheer amount of damage you can do is also pretty phenomenal, but it would be a one trick pony that will attract too much attention and get your 'mech killed fast in any subsequent fights.

ArchAngel

Arcane
ArchAngel
:roll:
Your definition of shit-posting must be a very very strange one.
I'd say Cael is the most knowledgeable person regarding TT BATTLETECH itt.
But this is a topic about the game, not TT. He admitted he has not played Battletech the computer game or played very little, so he is shitposting. And as I said, comparison with Sensuki does not stand.

Cael

Arcane
ArchAngel
Your definition of shit-posting must be a very very strange one.
I'd say Cael is the most knowledgeable person regarding TT BATTLETECH itt.
They are just butthurt because they paid for a shit game and are now refusing to admit they were scammed by Nigerians because that is a loss of "face". That is why they try so hard to get everyone to buy it, even to the point of insisting that people must play the game before they can comment on it. That is a completely retarded rationalisation simply because, as I said earlier, that it is obvious that the HBS game mechanics is shit to anyone that has played any non-MW version of BTech games (not just the TT game), including Crescent Hawk's Revenge and MechCommander. MW gets a pass on the whole called shots thing simply because you can't use random hit locations in a FPS. That doesn't really work there.

At least, it is obvious for anyone with half a brain cell or more, which, it is obvious, some in the Codex do not even possess.

PanteraNera

Arcane
But this is a topic about the game, not TT. He admitted he has not played Battletech the computer game or played very little, so he is shitposting. And as I said, comparison with Sensuki does not stand.
Before you ask, yes Cael is my new crush :P

Seriously, the game is based on the TT, regarding lore and rule-set.
Cael is very knowledgeable about BT TT lore and rule-set.
Go figure.

To be fair, I do not know what this all has to do with Sensuki or what a Sensuki Syndrom is.
I am not commenting on that (and have no opinion on that matter).

But yeah probably your stance is why so many people on the Codex played hundreds of hours of Fallout 4.

I have played it on the free weekend and it was no surprise to me, that it was shit and not a Fallout game.
Honestly you have to be an idiot to need to play a game like Fallout 4 to figure out that it is not a Fallout game
("RPG elements" streamlined, bad story, lore fuck ups, bad writing, wrong atmosphere etc ...).

The same can be said about Battletech. It is a decent mecha game, but it sucks as a BT game.
You do not need to be a rocket scientist or play the game to figure that out.

I wonder how many people who defend HBS mechwarrior also defend episode 9.

I am wondering the same. Lots of shit-posters on the Solo thread as well (by ArchAngel 's definition) :P

ArchAngel

Arcane
Before you ask, yes Cael is my new crush :P

Seriously, the game is based on the TT, regarding lore and rule-set.
Cael is very knowledgeable about BT TT lore and rule-set.
Go figure.

To be fair, I do not know what this all has to do with Sensuki or what a Sensuki Syndrom is.
I am not commenting on that (and have no opinion on that matter).

But yeah probably your stance is why so many people on the Codex played hundreds of hours of Fallout 4.

I have played it on the free weekend and it was no surprise to me, that it was shit and not a Fallout game.
Honestly you have to be an idiot to need to play a game like Fallout 4 to figure out that it is not a Fallout game
("RPG elements" streamlined, bad story, lore fuck ups, bad writing, wrong atmosphere etc ...).

The same can be said about Battletech. It is a decent mecha game, but it sucks as a BT game.
You do not need to be a rocket scientist or play the game to figure that out.

I wonder how many people who defend HBS mechwarrior also defend episode 9.

I am wondering the same. Lots of shit-posters on the Solo thread as well (by ArchAngel 's definition) :P
So was Shadowrun and the games are loved on Codex (by most of it).

Now I am not saying this game is, but the point is that computer game following TT rules does not make it bad or good.

And since Cael didn't play computer game he cannot compare or give real examples or say anything that matter to us that did play the computer game. So what he is doing is just shitposting. It might matter to other TT players, but it means 0 to rest of us.
Except for you I guess, you being his girlfriend and all.

And I don't see what Fallout 4 has do to with it. But if you want to go there, it was useful to play F4 for a bit to be able to shit on it properly with facts, not like Cael does.

And do check out what happened with Sensuki and PoE if you are going to come into conversation that started around him. You just sound like a fool atm.

PanteraNera

Arcane
So was Shadowrun and the games are loved on Codex (by most of it).
I really liked SR Dragonfall and to some lesser extend Hong Kong.
But if someone very knowledgeable of Shadowrun would have stated all the flaws in the rule-set and lore I would "support" him as well.

the point is that computer game following TT rules does not make it bad or good.
True that is why I said:
It makes it faithful or unfaithful.
Even if BT had the rule-set of TT (and would be tactical more interesting) it wouldn't be a good game, because of the story and characters.

And since Cael didn't play computer game he cannot compare or give real examples or say anything that matter to us that did play the computer game.
Now you are shit-posting by my definition.
Re-read the tread. People posted stats of mechs, weapons and stuff here.
He compared them with the TT stats.
They didn't add up.
Same for mistakes in the setting / lore.
And he gave and was given "real examples".

it was useful to play F4 for a bit to be able to shit on it properly with facts, not like Cael does.
F4-Player: "Guys there is a quest in F4 were a kid was ghoulified and locked in a fridge for 200 years , it was so funny!"
NMA-Poster: "Great now Bethesda fucked up Ghouls"
F4-Player: "Have you played the game?"
NMA-Poster: "No I didn't played the fucking game"
Archangel: "NMA-Poster stop shit-posting"

And do check out what happened with Sensuki and PoE if you are going to come into conversation that started around him. You just sound like a fool atm.
Honestly, nope I don't care.
Like I said, I just care for you calling my girlfriend Cael a shit-poster.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Weren't PCGamesN supposed to publish their full interview with Jordan Weisman? I wonder what happened to that.

Cael

Arcane
And since Cael didn't play computer game he cannot compare or give real examples or say anything that matter to us that did play the computer game. So what he is doing is just shitposting.
I bet that you don't believe that the Earth is round either because you have never been in space, right?

ArchAngel

Arcane
And since Cael didn't play computer game he cannot compare or give real examples or say anything that matter to us that did play the computer game. So what he is doing is just shitposting.
I bet that you don't believe that the Earth is round either because you have never been in space, right?
Your are just proving that you are a shitposter. You have certainly deserved that tag and keep on proving it.

Cael

Arcane
Your are just proving that you are a shitposter. You have certainly deserved that tag and keep on proving it.
Ah, yes. Your standards only apply to people you disagree with. Why am I not surprised. Toodeeloos, kid. You were never in the intellectual league you fancied yourself to be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom