Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bugbear's Wreckfest

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
The in development sequel to Carmageddon 2? Has pretty good damage modelling.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The in development sequel to Carmageddon 2? Has pretty good damage modelling.

What in the name of f...

*Went away to google, won't be back anytime soon*

Carmageddon: Reincarnation.

All the same devs. All the same insanity. It's even in Alpha testing now.

I'll be honest though, the "Next Car Game" has a lot of things going for it. They just need to implement "car damage affects car performance" because driving around with less than 25% of your car remaining just doesn't make any goddamn sense...

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Yeah deformation is great. But handling and performance must be made to reflect that.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'll be honest though, the "Next Car Game" has a lot of things going for it. They just need to implement "car damage affects car performance" because driving around with less than 25% of your car remaining just doesn't make any goddamn sense...

There are two separate "early access" releases, one for the physics demo and one for destruction derby (Wreckfest). The latter has realistic physics. But in retrospect, I'd say it is less fun that way. You can't ram shit frontally all the time since that wrecks your own car, so in the end of the race everyone is driving backwards to spare the engine, heh.

FlatOut's racing side was always about the cool soundtrack, so I'm a little worried about how that side of this new game will turn out. They don't have a big publisher to handle the licensing costs after all :/

But party mode will be dope as fuck, the tech demo proves that.

Edit: Some screenz

EAEEF02668FD4B92BCCE96169FA038ECDFC2DD37

161F5E78791CF4C4543DCD29F1D1A90C06F597AE

Rocket launchers and implosion bombs, they make everything. Better

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So the game is called wreckfest now and is a destruction derby clone, seems gaming is turning a full cycle and we are going back to 90's gaming with this coming and codemasters making a normal rally game.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
DemdFUxU0AEDjpZ.jpg

Wreckfest will COME OUT ON PC on JUNE 14! Brand new release features - new challenge mode with CRAZY NEW VEHICLES plus new paint jobs and quirky customization items. CONSOLE fans look forward to NOVEMBER 20! #Wreckfest #DriveHardDieLast @bugbeargames

Lights are green – Wreckfest leaves Early Access after only 1611 days!

Get ready to race and to smash your opponents! Wreckfest, from renowned developer and racing game expert Bugbear Entertainment has entered the final lap and is closing in on the finishing line. On June 14th 2018, Wreckfest launches on PC and on November 20th, Wreckfest will be released on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.

With the release, players can expect a set of brand new features. The challenge mode with all new unusal vehicles – like a crop harvester – guarantees crazy races, you’ve never seen before. Also players can now customize their cars with quirky items. Why would anyone have a car without a shark fin?

Stay tuned for more exciting news!

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Just want to say that the game is a lot of fun. Finally a racing game I can play!

I have slow reaction times and modern racing games are just too fast / challenging for me. I used to play quite a bit of Test Drive / Gran Prix in the DOS days, also the original Need for Speed game but again modern racers are too challenging / fast for me.

This has a nice, old school arcade feeling to it and ramming your opponents off the road is just a hell lot of fun. Seriously try this.

Nice video showing off the game:

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane

the new update adds two iconic environments "Bleak City" and "Devil's Canyon" from the original Carmageddon, the infamous Eagle-R car and a healthy number of zombies to run over

Late Bloomer

Scholar
How is this as a solo experience? I was not really looking for an multiplayer experience. But some good jumps, crashes, heavy feeling cars.

Retardo

Learned
How is this as a solo experience? I was not really looking for an multiplayer experience. But some good jumps, crashes, heavy feeling cars.
It's not that good. AI drivers are rubberbanding and cheating like there's no tomorrow, and generally concentrate more on being a nuisance ramming you at every opportunity than trying to actually win a race.
Cars are heavy alright, but their physics is weird to the point that driving in an auto sim like corsa/automobilista is easier.
Also, there are car settings like differential, suspension, brake bias etc and they suck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom