Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dauntless - monster hunter like game for PC enters open beta and you can download and try it today.

Perkel

Arcane
https://playdauntless.com/

Pretty stocked for it. Monster Hunter World obviously is at top of this niche genre but frankly speaking i would love for some other good games come out of it and dauntless seems to be pretty good shot at proper MH like game.

They have open beta that starts today and you can download it right now. I am currently downloading it.
Not a fan of art design but gameplay seems very MH like.

Perkel

Arcane
Whoa seems like a lot of people want to try it. around 10k in line for sever.

edit:

Looks like game got hug of death and servers combust from load. Got into main menu and it kicked me out after trying to get into actual game after 5 minutes. Now 30k people in queue.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
I didn't know this was going to be F2P.

Yeah i also didn't know that. Though i don't know what is currently their exact model. Maybe they will go Path of Exile style which is great model and very nice.

edit:

damn still can't log in properly, servers are getting hammered af.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Maybe they will go Path of Exile style which is great model and very nice.
So, 10 default storage slots, need 8 to build a single piece of useful equipment, 90 potential different drops from each monster and trading that forces you to see other people's cosmetics?

Perkel

Arcane
Maybe they will go Path of Exile style which is great model and very nice.
So, 10 default storage slots, need 8 to build a single piece of useful equipment, 90 potential different drops from each monster and trading that forces you to see other people's cosmetics?

Can't wrap my head around what you said. I'd like to see it first though. Though it smells like bullshit. Allthough Path of Exile works kind of similar as it gives you only 3 stash tabs and you can buy more. If game was good and this was mostly the same stuff like PoE stash tabs i wouldn't mind spending money to increase size of slots to reasonable level supporting dev making good game.

tried to login just now. 60k+ people in queue. They definitely hit people interest, that is for sure.

deama

Prophet
I'm guessing you still can't login yet? I was just gonna ask how the game is so far.

Jokzore

Arbiter
I managed to log in but apparently my PC cant pull decent FPS in this game so i uninstalled it.

Jokzore

Arbiter
Its my gtx960 dragging me down. I'm holding off on upgrading it until something I actually wanna play releases, but from the looks of things that'll be Cyberpunk.

Perkel

Arcane
Today i finally managed to get in. But game is bugged for me and once i get hold on my character it shows only ui and nothing else.

ehhh... great start...

abija

Prophet
Its my gtx960 dragging me down. I'm holding off on upgrading it until something I actually wanna play releases, but from the looks of things that'll be Cyberpunk.
If gtx 960 isn't enough for that graphic style they have a lot of issues.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Eh, that's a clumsy beta. Servers are not enough and game has MMO ish bugs combined with optimization problems...
Edit: Was able to play a bit yesterday. Game's ok for a F2P Monster Hunter game but weapon choices are really poor now (probably because of beta)

If MHW really come to PCs this fall, this game will have a hard time like this.

Last edited:

deama

Prophet
Eh, that's a clumsy beta. Servers are not enough and game has MMO ish bugs combined with optimization problems...
Edit: Was able to play a bit yesterday. Game's ok for a F2P Monster Hunter game but weapon choices are really poor now (probably because of beta)

If MHW really come to PCs this fall, this game will have a hard time like this.
How does it run? Can you get a constant 60fps? What are your specs?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
How does it run? Can you get a constant 60fps? What are your specs?

Its bad for graphics like that. Got GTX 980 ti with i7 7700 K. On epic settings I can't get constant 60fps with that beast, It "hiccups" on occasion...
But main problem is about servers.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
recently tried this with a friend, because well it was free and didnt look like free garbage so why not

its shit.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yeah, it's pretty bad, and the performance is utter garbage.

For reference, I could run MHW on max settings at 144Hz constant (after rolling back my GPU drivers and also a couple of patches that fixed some stuttering/FX bugs). Dauntless was a juddering slideshow no matter what I tried, even in a flat plain with just my character in sight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom