Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Hyperion

Arcane
Wasn't expecting that Lacerate change. Might be worth doing with a bit of Bleed Chance. Can get 75% with Swords passive (not the best node, but still OK), Lacerate, and a Chance to Bleed gem. Or 50% since CtB usually sucks. Not too much investment at all. Little disappointed in Ground Slam, 120% base attack isn't enough, even with the more multiplier for close enemies. It's still gonna suck. Earthquake will be gud, but still useless in party play unfortunately.

Probably gonna be Lacerate or EQ for me, bros. Crit EQ will be tuff without a good Sceptre though. Getting enough Int for that can be a pain to boot.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I always wanted to try the storm burst gem, and now it gets a shitload of more damage. Should be a good time to try it.

Unless somebody will convince me that the skill is unplayable and shit tier because of its mechanics.

ArchAngel

Arcane
They changed Elementalist. Removed 20% effectiveness with ailments and added 20% more damage with ignite. Also buffed Beacon of Ruin proliferation radius to 18 (only 2 less than max level Ignite Prolif support)

Hmm, maybe elementalist is the best class for Ignite (20% and free good aoe prolif is better than what Trickster can get with 15% more with DoTs and needs prolif support). I guess Trickster is better defensively.

Actually that might depend on if Dydus is required to have useful Ignite and if it is, you don't have a choice but to go Elementalist for the guaranteed chill.

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Or maybe a fire trap plus the new firespinner trap.

Never played traps.

Also, everybody is talking about doing arc/arc mines/arc traps/arc totems or anything with arc.

T. Reich

Arcane
Then don't play any traps, or arc (elementalist), or any spell totem hierophant, or bow/wander deadeye, or sunder w/e, or RF JUGG.
I think that covers a good deal of popular builds.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Trappers? Nah, even though farming HoGM with Arc Miner was stabile job with decent income.
They increased projectile number to Barrage, just what I need for my wander.
Plus some changes in bow skills, gonna check them while reaching endgame.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Haha this league should be renamed to Trapcursion. Every streamer is uploading trapper guides right now.

Incursion, the gayest league yet!

Gerrard

Arcane
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12062178&ref=NZH_fb
Hong Kong-listed Tencent Mobility was granted Overseas Investment Office approval to buy up to 100 per cent of Kiwi video game developer Grinding Gear Games for more than $100 million.

Tencent Mobility - an online communication, advertising, and gaming service provider - was granted consent to acquire up to 100 per cent of the shares in Grinding Gear Games, 80 per cent up front and the remaining 20 per cent over approximately six years, a summary of the decision released today said.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It'll be interesting to see how much Tencent actually payed, since they're publicly held we will eventually get to see the full price in their financial reports. They bought riot back in 2011 for $230m, and I gotta say that for them to spend over $100m for GGG (we dont know yet how much exactly they paid) is quite huge.

I'm guessing over the next year or two we will see if there is any significant change in the general design and of PoE that could be attributed to Tencent, and if there isn't, I'm not too worried about tencent eventually owning the entirety of GGG.

It's sad that fairly decent group of folks will likely retire after the deal on the remaining 20% will go through. Hopefully they'll invest some of that $$ into a new development, PoE with all its flaws is pretty awesome and true to its roots.

Gerrard

Arcane
It'll be interesting to see how much Tencent actually payed, since they're publicly held we will eventually get to see the full price in their financial reports. They bought riot back in 2011 for $230m, and I gotta say that for them to spend over $100m for GGG (we dont know yet how much exactly they paid) is quite huge.

I'm guessing over the next year or two we will see if there is any significant change in the general design and of PoE that could be attributed to Tencent, and if there isn't, I'm not too worried about tencent eventually owning the entirety of GGG.
That's 100m NZD, so 70m USD.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
That's 100m NZD, so 70m USD.
True, the Riot sale was USD as far as I remember. I'd be surprised if the $100m NZD is the exact price though, considering the only thing we know about the sale right now is that the OIO got involved which means that is the minimum-number right now until Tencents next financial report gives us the exact price.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Patching for Incursion is up both on steam and standalone.

Edit: Queue is up too.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Here we go boyz! I am going in Ignite even with updated PoB saying it sucks! Wish me luck!

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Well, launch problems are here again. This time queue is kicking everybody after having them wait. I was kicked like 3 times already and now I have like 100 000 in front of me in the queue.

Edit: Make that 108k. Holy shit.

Hyperion

Arcane
Yeah, I gave up after the second time. I don't want to play that badly. I'll go do something else.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Am I missing something? The timer keeps going down/at best stopping while I'm killing packs of enemies in the incursion shit. When I watch Mathil, his goes up a lot faster even though he isn't killing packs faster..

Baron Dupek

Arcane
New Tabula look. Like they promised - doesn't looks like grandma's shirt

bN73mMJ.jpg

see ya later when waiting lines stop being a thing
ZuwcsGb.png

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Arc seems to be totally broken (as was to be expected). Flameblast ignites are back aswell. League mechanic is pretty fun so far. This is going to be a great league, especially after beastiary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom