Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Kotaku guy really sounds like he is trying to rolling everyone.

First starts with "some sort of online game", then change it into "not strictly a single player game".
Of course. It's Kotaku, when was the last time they knew what they were talking about?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Well, since multi-player is pretty much confirmed:

best case scenario: singe player game with co-op elements in it, like Divinity Original Sin. if this is the case will try it.

worst case scenario: Rust clone and forced on-line 24/7.

Why not both? A forced always-online single player game. The only way to install mods will be via the Creation Club.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Has this shit been posted yet:
gFBzVtU.jpg

Making a online basement building and survival fallout is just weird. Who played fallout to experience "survival and basement building"?

I remember playing those first two Fallout games when they came out wishing there were survival elements, thinking about how that could work, and what kinds of effects that could have on stats that could fuck you in combat or something. I'm would've been nice if there was something more than needing to carry your canteen around during fast travel. It ain't like survival elements wouldn't lend themselves to a game about trying to survive a post-apocalyptic wasteland, (you could easily slap NEO Scavenger stuff into the original Fallout games) or that building some place for your people wouldn't have worked in a game like Fallout 2 where you're looking for a thing that'll help you rebuild a place for your people.

That said I'd be surprised if this game does that stuff well.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I don't really understand their motivation here. Fallout 4 sells extremely well and word of mouth isn't really that bad,all they have to do is making a New Vegas style spin-offs with a little tweak,it will be guaranteed financial success. Yet they decide to tap into a genre with billions of other competitors and facing inevitable coming fan backlash for what reason again?

They had the to put the idle Battlecry studio to work with something and they could hardly be trusted to create an RPG, their experience lies in a whole other area, hence this mess.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Not making a real fallout RPG, basically minecraft in fallout universe, Retcon fallout 1 to anger the true fans, and the popamoles wont give a shit.

Todd and Pete going all in - head first - to torpedo the franchise.

Lexx

Cipher
Not making a real fallout RPG, basically minecraft in fallout universe, Retcon fallout 1 to anger the true fans, and the popamoles wont give a shit.

Todd and Pete going all in - head first - to torpedo the franchise.

Please don't insult minecraft. It's a pretty good game, especially when combined with some of the complex mods that allow in depth crafting and machine building. Broken and shitty Fo4 settlement shit is nothing that can be compared to it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That Reddit post sounds like a troll, ostensibly doing damage control but actually adding even more things to piss people off (numerous retcons!)

Although if this is a multiplayer game then of course it'll inherently have issues with mods.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
no external mods... ...security thing citing adult mods
Yeah, that's gonna be a "no" for me, dawg.
That Reddit post sounds like a troll, ostensibly doing damage control but actually adding even more things to piss people off (numerous retcons!)

Although if this is a multiplayer game then of course it'll inherently have issues with mods.
Yep, even Bethesda wouldn't remove mods from the real FO5. I guess if they do it for this one it's only because it's multiplayer only and as we know Bethesda are too lazy to work on intelligently restricting modding like Paradox are doing for EU4 for example, to only cosmetic changes.

Also, why allow cosmetic mods for a multiplayer game, when you can release them yourself and charge for them.

Doktor Best

Arcane
The dude absolutely didnt pull this "leak" completely out of his ass and now is "surprised" by the amount of attention he steered towards his twitter account. Its also completely incidental that the last tweet he made was about that new book he is about to release.:lol: Gaming journalism at its finest.

Anyways, my interest in this game completely hinges on the amount of the involvement of one certain individual, who has great writing skills and very bad wolf fighting skills.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The dude absolutely didnt pull this "leak" completely out of his ass and now is "surprised" by the amount of attention he steered towards his twitter account. Its also completely incidental that the last tweet he made was about that new book he is about to release.:lol: Gaming journalism at its finest.

Anyways, my interest in this game completely hinges on the amount of the involvement of one certain individual, who has great writing skills and very bad wolf fighting skills.

Already said he's not involved: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-by-dayz-and-rust.122137/page-16#post-5642573

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Hah, very optimistic.

Retcons mean nothing to Bethesda's target audience. Either they don't care and they will defend anything Bethesda does or they actually believe they are a good idea (hey, it's essentially rebooting and rebooting is good because... because.... it clears the memory!)

Codex Year of the Donut

Already said he's not involved: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-by-dayz-and-rust.122137/page-16#post-5642573
If he said it, it must be true.
And this definitely isn't a viral marketing campaign that people are walking right into. Nope.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I'm sure some Bethesda garbage (multiplayer garbage on top of that) could totally be saved by the writing of one guy. :kingcomrade:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom