Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It seems he almost got 1/3 of the money, so I'm a bit optimistic now, he might succeed.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
It would be awesome if the "singed" scroll of absolution really were singed, not signed.
38083234-paper-with-charred-edges.jpg

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
I love Geneforge and I was excited about this. I've learned to ignore Vogel's completely absent sense of aesthetics and focus my appreciation on his strengths, but holy shit this is an underwhelming pitch. I'm still backing, though.

Dayyālu

Arcane
A good thing to ask would be:

"If this wasn't Vogel - and even considering the KS is terrible - would someone back him?"

Graphics are worse than Geneforge.

latest

i178aVQ.jpg

Fluff is the laziest he has ever been. Exile had his underground realm shtick. Geneforge is Geneforge. Avadon had.... uh..... things? Some basic things were borderline creative. Somewhat.

Here the fluff seems to come out of a mid-80ies fantasy novel , and not a good one.

Kickstarter rewards and objectives are between the offensive and the ridiculous.

Seriously, the same spiel "Vogel would do so much better if only he cared" has been the same for years. Even not considering how the Codexian crowd is cancerous for him, the same KS done by a nobody would be laughed to hell and back, get 150 bucks from his parents, and fail. Again, a man should vote with his wallet: it has been a decade since his last "good" game and everything else has been a mediocre remake at best.

Ten years and we have devolved. This man deserves money, I dare to ask?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not sure how many Codexers are interested in that (though it's definitely a better idea than a Black Geyser fundraiser :M)

Regardless, we need to wait for it to be funded first.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not sure how many Codexers are interested in that (but it's definitely a better idea than a Black Geyser fundraiser :M)

But we need to wait for it to be funded first.

It's only been up one day and has already been backed to $24000 of the $30000 goal. Tomorrow then? :D
Jesus Christ, What the Fuck! I've checked the campaign 2 hours ago and it only was at $9000. And now he is at $24000. Congrats to Jeff, he sure has loyal fans who love his work!

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
And I don't think any of us really know he would make more money by changing the pitch. He might alienate his old customers and not bring enough new ones.
How do you reason that a bulleted list of features, or a more deliberate, concise introduction to him and his games, more information about what he's done prior, and a general improvement in presentation formatting would alienate his old customers? Has he captured the little known "aversion to quality" market segment? Your post reads like apologism masquerading as an argument pretending to invoke a logic that I don't follow.
You're prefectly correct that this would improve the KS. I was assuming that the people saying that he could earn more money implied that he should change his game, not just the pitch -- and this may alienate his customers. Right now they just have to see one screen from what he's doing and they know they're safe. Perhaps I was too hasty.

edit: took my kid to the park for 2 hours and BAM, $20000 more? Wow!

Jeff Vogel is a tired old faggot who has produced nothing worthwhile since geneforge; the nuAvernum and Avadon are pure decline.

Fuck you Vogel; not buying your shit unless even if it is in a dollar bundle dump.

I will wait for full release; and sail the high seas since i still have a miniscule amount of hope.

And if experience has taught me anything, hope leads to butthurt. Almost Always.

Does this mean that he was actually pushing his financial limits in a gamble while financing his previous games all these years? Otherwise why use KS now for an utterly samey game, what is different?

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Does this mean that he was actually pushing his financial limits in a gamble while financing his previous games all these years? Otherwise why use KS now for an utterly samey game, what is different?

Eh easy money I guess?

I see that he has managed to get almost 25k out of the 30k already,good for him but this looks more bland and less interesting than Avadon so I will pass

Mortmal

Arcane
Should i help the "living legend" to reach his 50k$ goal for an iPhone port ? I am not so sure...So far i see yet another avernum reskin, altough given his track record its probably good.I'll probably back again but thats one of the least convincing KS video i've seen.

Last edited:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The stretch goals are also really, really uninteresting. If this gets funded then the incentive to enter the KS really diminishes (at least for me).

vonAchdorf

Arcane
He says he needs the money to buy better assets, but shows the same old same old. If you want my monies upfront, you better tease me with something, because what's currently on offer, worked well with pay on delivery.

Jeff doesn't make amazing games anymore, but he does make enjoyable crpgs with turn based combat. They are no Underrail but they always have their charming simplicity like a flat broke DM trying to reuse the same tiles they found in a game store's dumpster 20 years ago. I feel it is the solemn duty of codexians to support a goal as noble as this.

That same fucking red shirt portrait continues to haunt these games like some sort of asset phantom, though. At least it doesn't have geneforge's vomit gelatin UI.

Dayyālu

Arcane
What the fuck kinda list is that?

Games that I pirated when I was a young one and then bought when I could, 'cause the devs kept working, expanding and making good thing.

Well, maybe not Taleworlds :lol::lol::lol:

See, Vogel has a special place in my heart. When I could buy his games and reward him for his efforts he pretty much told me that I was not his public, that I should go away and released for years boring stuff that I could not even be bothered to finish 'cause boredom.

Autism, son.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Trying his luck,wanting to expand. His precious games were successful enough to keep them alive well fed and making some money on the side. I really hope that this campaign blow up in a big way. Would be interesting to see a more expensive game from him.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The stretch goals are also really, really uninteresting. If this gets funded then the incentive to enter the KS really diminishes (at least for me).
Yeah,the 70,000 one should have been at 50,000. I honestly don't care about phone ports,but i do want to see extra content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom