Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

TedNugent

Arcane
my decision to not install Origin ever is justified. :lol:

For those who were planning on buying a non-shit FPS, look at Insurgency: Sandstorm out soon. And buy Insurgency on Steam.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Or Rising Storm 2, that game is super good and they recently released South Vietnamese forces with a ton of new content. Yet to play that update myself but it looks amazing.

Ocelot

Learned
Everybody is a special snowflake these days. Fucking parents. No honey, of course there were women in WW2, they were the toughest most badass fighters! Don't let ANYBODY ever tell you different!

It's called shaping a new reality in our own image, it's awesome. Now go out and try it everywhere in society!

It's fucking retarded, is what it is. You can't first claim, that your game is SUPER HISTORICALLY ACCURATE REALISTUC WARSHOOTER from WW2, and then also claim that, well lol, we took quite a few liberties with said realism and history and yeah, CYBERNETIC LIMBS AND WOMEN, so fuck u !

Choose one, you can't have both.

Are you intimidated by the idea of being dominated by a female opponent?

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
my decision to not install Origin ever is justified. :lol:

For those who were planning on buying a non-shit FPS, look at Insurgency: Sandstorm out soon. And buy Insurgency on Steam.
Or you could get their WW2 game which gives me DoD vibes and is more enjoyable than retail Insurgency.

TedNugent

Arcane
Wimmenz were oppressed historically. Gr8 example - they were kept out of World War 2 and basically sex bitches at the time.

See our World War 2 super historical game? It is super historically accurate. Features badass women just like in real life WW2.

disposable

Novice
Or Rising Storm 2, that game is super good and they recently released South Vietnamese forces with a ton of new content. Yet to play that update myself but it looks amazing.

Disagree.
When I abandoned Rising Storm 2 a couple of months ago it was not a good game. I find it hard to believe they suddenly resolved all the problems. Even if it was miraculously fixed I'm not willing to try it again, I've had enough of RS2.

I followed it for a long time before launch, then I desperately tried to enjoy it. Still at the beginning of 2018 after countless patches it was just another sad "what could have been" of a game. It broke my fucking heart.
All it gets from me is a participation award for honestly attempting to make a sane tactical shooter with asymmetric teams.

The ideas were sound, the execution terrible. In a game where most of the time it takes 1 hit to kill, precise controls are necessary to make you feel like there's some fairness in gameplay.
RS2 had punishing damage coupled with a system of movement which was infuriatingly floaty, inaccurate, laggy, at times almost random and a ton of gamebreaking bugs and glitches on top.
I found that gameplay was often more gambling than shooting- when planning your movement you had to decide whether you'd like to get stuck on stairs, in a door frame or maybe get frozen trying to vault over an obstacle, with vaulting animation playing over and over until you got killed or the game crashed.

Getting stuck all the goddamn time, spawning without weapons, falling through the map, random zoom-ins when sprinting, rubberbanding for no reason, smoke grenades glitching and disappearing, napalm attacks failing to display area of effect correctly setting you on fire seemingly out of nowhere... the list goes on.
Very bad hit registration too, perfectly aimed shots not connecting was the norm. Sometimes I'd unload a full magazine up enemy player's unsuspecting ass at point blank only for them to turn around and 1-shot me. What is this, a first person interpretation of XCOM?
All problems were present at 60 ping and just got worse with higher latency.

Game was very unstable. Notorious crashes on launch made starting the RS2 a challenge in itself, sometimes taking 5 to 10 tries just to get more than a bugsplat message. Then you had to expect further freezes, CTD's and getting randomly disconnected from servers. One of the most crash prone games I've ever played.

It also got pretty dead pretty fast after launch, what little players remained tended to play the tedious territories mode 24/7. Too few supremacy maps, and it was very rare to find a populated SU server on my continent.
Tried a few NA based but lag-augmented bugs made me want to hang myself.

I can deal with games that attempt "realism" and by design will have you dying suddenly and frequently. I can't accept it when it's done so crudely that a significant amount of control is taken away from the player and effectively randomized through the incompetence of developers.
Maybe it was all fixed, I don't care anymore. Fuck these new weird Battlefield games but go into Rising Storm 2 at your own peril.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I'll add that Day of Infamy is fun. Gives me Wolf:ET vibes. It's definitely its own game and is fast and deadly. Plus addictive. I'll checkout Sandstorm too as it's by the same guys.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Disagree.
When I abandoned Rising Storm 2 a couple of months ago it was not a good game. I find it hard to believe they suddenly resolved all the problems. Even if it was miraculously fixed I'm not willing to try it again, I've had enough of RS2.
I've maybe crashed twice and I only have the issues you speak of if I play on American servers with >150 ping, otherwise it all Works On My Machine™ perfectly. The game isn't dead at all, that's just bullshit. It's been consistently hovering around 1k since launch and will probably continue to do so, there's full servers anywhere at basically any time of day for me. Just try it once more on a server with good ping, they put a lot of polish into it past 6 months.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Everybody is a special snowflake these days. Fucking parents. No honey, of course there were women in WW2, they were the toughest most badass fighters! Don't let ANYBODY ever tell you different!

It's called shaping a new reality in our own image, it's awesome. Now go out and try it everywhere in society!

It's fucking retarded, is what it is. You can't first claim, that your game is SUPER HISTORICALLY ACCURATE REALISTUC WARSHOOTER from WW2, and then also claim that, well lol, we took quite a few liberties with said realism and history and yeah, CYBERNETIC LIMBS AND WOMEN, so fuck u !

I'm intimidated by modern SJWs trying to alter history and shape it in their own image, because it suits their political ideas and beliefs.

I wouldn't have a problem with BF5, if DICE didn't claim that it was "historical" "accurate" and most of all "realistic" all things they claim BF5 to be in terms of WW2.

Want to have fighting women with cyberpunk 2077 arms in a war game? Sure, but then don't call it WW2, or at least tell people, that you are making an alternative unrealistic and just lulz version of WW2, similar to what wolfenstein did, and nobody had a problem with that.

The problem arises, because DICE have major precedent for making exactly realistic and historical war shooters, yet now they seem to want to have it both ways. Well not gonna happen.

If you taste a banana 10 times, you except it to taste exactly the same the 11th time, because well.. it's a fucking banana.

Ocelot

Learned

I'm intimidated by modern SJWs trying to alter history and shape it in their own image, because it suits their political ideas and beliefs.

I wouldn't have a problem with BF5, if DICE didn't claim that it was "historical" "accurate" and most of all "realistic" all things they claim BF5 to be in terms of WW2.

Want to have fighting women with cyberpunk 2077 arms in a war game? Sure, but then don't call it WW2, or at least tell people, that you are making an alternative unrealistic and just lulz version of WW2, similar to what wolfenstein did, and nobody had a problem with that.

The problem arises, because DICE have major precedent for making exactly realistic and historical war shooters, yet now they seem to want to have it both ways. Well not gonna happen.

If you taste a banana 10 times, you except it to taste exactly the same the 11th time, because well.. it's a fucking banana.

But they never said it's going to be a realistic representation of WW2. They use the setting and take some liberties with their design. Just like every single movie and videogame does in favor of creating the desired product and a good story. Moreover, women play videogames more than ever and it makes sense to include female characters in your re-imagined WW2 setting for marketing reasons. It's not some grand SJW conspiracy to have female characters in videogames. If you need to blame someone for reminding you that women exist, blame the marketing department that pushes for a greater audience.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
5b0cb974cf044.png

PanteraNera

Arcane
Holy fucking crap. I am glad I am not much into WW II or FPS anymore.

This is fucking insane.

WW II ?

Celtic Warpaint?
Female with "retro cyborg arm"
other random shit like an american carrying an Katana.
The whole thing looks just off.

WTF is this shit?

And whit all the diversity shit going on, anti-racism, SJW, Germany is still the bad guys? I call that racistic :P

Baron Dupek

Arcane
other random shit like an american brit carrying an Katana.
fxd

People are like coal to fuel the rage and become free marketing device.
That happen when there is massive shortage of real jobs in real life...

Just stop acting like a mindless cog.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I doubt this game will even have japs gotta focus on Normandy for the 1000th time.

It was heartening to see our cute new millennial office intern, apparently a fan of the series, express her puzzlement at this game's lack of anything resembling ww2 and bionic arm wombyn.

I have to imagine most normies find this stuff just as cringeworthy or head-scratching. That's what makes it so damn stupid. It's just so blatantly masturbatory that I can't even think of a target audience outside of hardcore SJWs. Female Colonel Sanders syndrome.

But they never said it's going to be a realistic representation of WW2. They use the setting and take some liberties with their design. Just like every single movie and videogame does in favor of creating the desired product and a good story. Moreover, women play videogames more than ever and it makes sense to include female characters in your re-imagined WW2 setting for marketing reasons. It's not some grand SJW conspiracy to have female characters in videogames. If you need to blame someone for reminding you that women exist, blame the marketing department that pushes for a greater audience.

Boobies hold immense power over boys. Wait until the hormones really kick in and you can go drilling.

Trithne

Erudite

What a world we live in. Trailers for announcements, trailers for trailers, trailers for... I dont actually know what fucking purpose that video serves at all. Literally just "Here's a fucking plane! Authentic WW2 plane! Come and see the authentic WW2 plane on this date!"

I dont understand this shit anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom