Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Remember Interplay ? Herve Caen in 2012 wanted to make a Fallout online

You will create a character to represent yourself within the game world. Your character will be a hardy adventurer from a variety of backgrounds: one of the last remaining humans; a new breed mutant; or a technologically advanced cyborg. The choice is yours.
"Once you have determined your character's background, you will found your 'colony'. From a deserted city, a broken down military base or even the ruins of an oil pumping station, the colony will be yours to build and control.
"Attract non-player characters for guards, peons, scientists and other activities. Or if you are the type that so desires, shanghai the NPCs. Put them to work rebuilding your society and improving your colony.
"Meanwhile you will experience grand adventures to gather the resources and ancient technologies as well as fight back the enemy hordes. Your character will gain experience, advance skills, learn new talents and gain access to incredibly powerful equipment. Or die trying.
"Explore the world, meet friends and fight your neighbours for control of resources. PV13 will be your chance to rebuild a devastated world."

Seems Bethesda took this idea

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/22/black-isle-asks-for-your-money-badly/

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
Kotaku is a shithole but they are a shithole that is usually correct when it comes to popamole leaks. Their F4 leak was mostly correct except for the exclusively male protagonist and it being on 360/PS3, and that may have been the plan at the time for all we know
Its probably going to be something like Destiny or the Division. You can *technically* play it singleplayer, but it will be the dullest experience of your life.
Wasteland: Frost Point vs Fallout 76, which is better and why? :cool:
Bethesda will somehow find a way to be buggier than an indie studio.

jungl

Augur
im betting its yet another shit sandbox game cause those sell like crazy on steam.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Don't know about online, but it will probably be a settlement builder. :M

You will be expanding Vault 76 into something like Vault City from Fallout 2.

Ocelot

Learned
Every time a new RPG is released, the Codex announced the most popular genre worldwide is dead

It's "most popular" because it's cool to call your game one and most people can't even tell what it is... "but it sounds cool".

Can you tell why you are so sensitive to change? RPGs have been around for decades, do you really expect them to remain 100% static for no reason? Or do you expect companies to cater to your 90s standards because you were a young adult during that decade?

Jokzore

Arbiter
Honestly I don't get all the negativity. So what if its a battle royale or day z clone bs. It's not like those are any worse than a casual mobile game.

I thought any and all hope for a another proper Fallout RPG died more than a decade ago. How are people still triggered the new fallout isn't a black isle game.

PorkBarrellGuy

God, look at Infaggotron rubbing his hands over our miseries. Such a Jew.
Honestly I don't get all the negativity. So what if its a battle royale or day z clone bs. It's not like those are any worse than a casual mobile game.

I thought any and all hope for a another proper Fallout RPG died more than a decade ago. How are people still triggered the new fallout isn't a black isle game.

It's one thing for it to not be a Black Isle Fallout, I think most of us have made our peace with the fact that that is never going to happen again in our lifetimes. But a Rust clone? A fucking Rust clone?

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
Gg7ITWd.png

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's true it's an online spin-off title, if it was an single player RPG it would be named Fallout 5..... but it's named 76, hence the implying it's not in the same way as previous games.

It's most likely a Rust type game with the settlements building stuff from fallout 4.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Every time a new RPG is released, the Codex announced the most popular genre worldwide is dead

It's "most popular" because it's cool to call your game one and most people can't even tell what it is... "but it sounds cool".

Can you tell why you are so sensitive to change? RPGs have been around for decades, do you really expect them to remain 100% static for no reason? Or do you expect companies to cater to your 90s standards because you were a young adult during that decade?
I mean... Bethesda so far has been doing an incredibly piss poor job of pushing the genre forward. All they have been doing is streamlining further through each new title. I describe Fallout 4 as the RPG for people who dislike RPG but wanna brag about liking an RPG. I play and enjoy shit tons of popamole and casual crap like Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed, but it's serious business when it comes to RPG. Bethesda's nuFallout and nuTES are bad RPGs, simple as that. Changes are good, purging the soul out of your game is not.

Last edited:

Jokzore

Arbiter
God, look at Infaggotron rubbing his hands over our miseries. Such a Jew.

It's one thing for it to not be a Black Isle Fallout, I think most of us have made our peace with the fact that that is never going to happen again in our lifetimes. But a Rust clone? A fucking Rust clone?

Look on the bright side. With Bethesda money, maybe we'll finally get one of those sandbox/survival games that isn't a broken-janky-buggy-unplayable piece of shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom