Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this supposed to make me buy the game again, or a free update? I wasn't paying attention earlier.

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
Is this supposed to make me buy the game again, or a free update? I wasn't paying attention earlier.

TL DR version: Free stuff for existing owners. New players can buy the full content package in physical stores.

This is mostly about improving physical store presense. Not all people like buying things digitally.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Now they also have their own account system: https://www.ioi.dk/game-update-may-24/

HITMAN – Game Update for May 24

A game update for HITMAN is inbound for all platforms. This update will arrive on May 24 2018 and will be accompanied by server maintenance, starting at 10am UTC. The maintenance is expected to last until 1pm UTC on May 24th. The update size will be between 800mb and 2gb, depending on your platform and will update the game version to 1.14.2.

We will post updates throughout the day about maintenance and availability to our Twitter account: @IOInteractive

What’s Changing?
General Data Protection Regulation
Yes, it’s our turn. We have implemented a new Privacy Policy that is compliant with the new GDPR regulations. The first time you launch HITMAN after updating to 1.14.2 (that’s this update!), you’ll be prompted to accept the new terms.

IOI Account
With this game update, we’re making it possible to sign up for a free IOI Account, which will allow you to stay updated on all the latest Hitman news. An IOI Account will allow you to register for newsletters from the studio, receive surveys and get notifications when we release new content. To create an account, go to Settings>IOI Account (or look for the icon on the ‘Featured’ Tab) and enter your email address.

The Hatchet Job
We’ve fixed a community-reported issue on the Arthin Occultation Escalation where the ‘Sticky Hatchet’ complication would cause the contract to be failed after completing all objectives and exiting the level via the speedboat. This issue no longer occurs and the contract can be complete as expected.

What’s Next?

The May Roadmap shows all of the content coming to Hitman this month. The Chef is still active over the weekend and a new batch of Featured Contracts will also be added to the game this week. On June 1st, a new re-activated Elusive Target will go live and we’ll have a full roadmap for you in early June.

May_Roadmap_FINAL-1024x576.png

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More push for the account system: https://www.ioi.dk/ioi-account/

IOI Account

Sign up for a free IOI Account today to stay updated on the latest HITMAN news and announcements from the studio.

You’ll get access to newsletters, surveys, giveaways and notifications when new content is available. You can either sign up directly through HITMAN on PS4, Xbox One or PC via the Featured Hub or you can now register for an account from the IOI website. Simply click the button below and enter your email address and follow your steps from there.

Signing up for an IOI Account will also get you a free digital copy of Birth of the Hitman Issue #1. Look in the ‘downloads’ section of your profile after creating an account.

The official comic is an integral part of the HITMAN™ universe and is directly connected to the game’s unfolding story line, which has deep ties to Agent 47’s unexplored past. This origin story focuses on key events of the past, including 47’s young adulthood, his friend Subject 6 and his future handler, Diana.

Future issues of BIRTH OF THE HITMAN are available at comic book retailers and digital platforms.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
More retarded story lines,i just want to kill people in interesting levels. Don't care if 47's close person number X gets kidnapped or killed. It will be nice if we get to kill some good people too,tired of killing all the criminals and secret agents.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I agree. While it makes sense that people who have their assassinations ordered by clients are not angels, having to listen slightly childish sounding justification why the guy 47 has to kill is "a bad guy" starts feeling silly.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I want more pseudo-"realistic", plausible missions and fewer james bond style missions. More widely accessible locations like Sapienza, but let the targets be more believable. The Russian oligarch was a nice target.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
We are talking about a game where the main protagonist is a clone. I really liked the mission from blood money where you had to kill some guy in his normal house. It will be nice if they mix it,you can't have only normal places. Hope that the game is not heavy on story elements and similar shit.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Another thing, it's somewhat disappointing to work through mastery levels and be rewarded with basically the same weapon but skinned differently. I'd like it if weapons felt more different so it would have more impact when you get a better weapon. This would probably involve adding stats to weapons and to 47 though, which would be huge work. Also goes against the feeling of 47 being a super high class assassin, who is proficient with everything.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It will be nice if we get to kill some good people too,tired of killing all the criminals and secret agents.

Probably not going to happen. HITMAN is not supposed to be a game that encourages terrorism.
:whatho:
Sooo you guys don't know the difference between assassination and terrorism?! That prints an illuminating future fore the game.

At least put some Ugandan warlords for us,the poor ignorant bigoted racists. It is time to kill some black people.

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
It will be nice if we get to kill some good people too,tired of killing all the criminals and secret agents.

Probably not going to happen. HITMAN is not supposed to be a game that encourages terrorism.
:whatho:
Sooo you guys don't know the difference between assassination and terrorism?! That prints an illuminating future fore the game.

At least put some Ugandan warlords for us,the poor ignorant bigoted racists. It is time to kill some black people.

I think it is explained best here in this talk: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1023849/Level-Design-in-HITMAN-Guiding - at 54:30

AwesomeButton

Patron
I believe by "good people" he meant non-criminals.

I think you are missing an opportunity if you choose to underestimate the educational effect of asking the player to act in the service of morally reprehensible superiors.

There was a recent murder of a Russian journalist in Kiev which I consider to be news that deserves to be spread. There are ways to incorporate contemporary history in videogames, do it with respect, and benefit from the educational effect.

I've been playing hitman games since my teens, and I didn't always know I've been killing bad guys only.

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
I think you are missing an opportunity if you choose to underestimate the educational effect of asking the player to act in the service of morally reprehensible superiors.

Firstly, I cannot speak for the company. This is just how I understand it. True, but we just don't want to accused of encouraging terrorism. At least here in Europe it is not a place you want to be. That weighs higher than any "educational" value.

Oh I am not sure this principle has been true always. In Hitman 2 Silent Assassin there was a shitstorm due to killing of Indian Sinkhs, if I recall correctly.

Sentinel

Arcane
I believe by "good people" he meant non-criminals.

There was a recent murder of a Russian journalist in Kiev which I consider to be news that deserves to be spread. There are ways to incorporate contemporary history in videogames, do it with respect, and benefit from the educational effect.

I've been playing hitman games since my teens, and I didn't always know I've been killing bad guys only.
that was a fake assassination btw
they clearly did not send 47 after him

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I'm really interested in where the the story can go next with the grand conspiracy stuff, but most of it was left unfinished in Season 1. I hope the story will be completed or at least fleshed out in season 2.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I get that 47 is supposed to be a mercenary and it should be fine for him to kill whoever, just give me an envelope with a name and a photo, I don't care ... but at the same time, it doesn't actually matter whether he's killing good guys, bad guys, or innocent citizens. The point is in the gameplay. If they need to take 2 seconds at the beginning of a mission to say btw you're killing a bad guy so it's ok ... you know what, fine. As long as it doesn't turn into this thing where the character is portrayed as a shining white knight of justice.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Firstly, I cannot speak for the company. This is just how I understand it. True, but we just don't want to accused of encouraging terrorism. At least here in Europe it is not a place you want to be. That weighs higher than any "educational" value.

Oh I am not sure this principle has been true always. In Hitman 2 Silent Assassin there was a shitstorm due to killing of Indian Sinkhs, if I recall correctly.
How the fuck is killing a witness in protection is promoting terrorism? Are you saying that there will be no open levels because you could equip a M60 per se and mow down countless amount of civilians,thus encouraging terrorism? I take it that in your upcoming game,the evil people will be a bunch of nazi then.

AwesomeButton

Patron
IO know better about how mature their audience is, but I am just itching to replay events from the near past. There are so many ongoing hotspots in the world that would be perfect settings for Hitman missions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom