Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

frajaq

Erudite
Cursed Picture

v0G2o2S.png

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wacky theory: Fallout Tactics 2, nuXCOM-style Turn-Based Squad Tactics.

The craziest idea I’ve heard is that they might remake the originals as FPS-RPG hybrids in the F4 engine. On the one hand, it would be an act of desecration. On the other hand, by remaking the originals Bethesda would finally release a game with decent content.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Wacky theory: Fallout Tactics 2, nuXCOM-style Turn-Based Squad Tactics.

The craziest idea I’ve heard is that they might remake the originals as FPS-RPG hybrids in the F4 engine. On the one hand, it would be an act of desecration. On the other hand, by remaking the originals Bethesda would finally release a game with decent content.

Pretty sure they would fuck up even that

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Really though I would give them huge props if they got the Xcom guys to do a ripoff, possibly carrying on the Tactics brand.

Cael

Arcane
*sigh*
Expectations: Oh, yeah! It's gonna get good, Come on, bros, let's parrrrr-tay!
Reality: Freeze! This is a beat-up! Bend over and pull down your pants! No funny business!

Citizen

A small scale 4x with exploration and combat focus in fallout setting would be so good. Building your own vault city from scratch, exploring nearby ruins, finding old tech, fending off raiders and various wastelands fauna. Obviously with a turn-based tactical layer for battles. Every member of your settlement having SPECIAL stats, skills, perks and inventory. Isometric 2d with fallout's gritty sprites and death animations. Not by bethesda, though.

Cael

Arcane
A small scale 4x with exploration and combat focus in fallout setting would be so good. Building your own vault city from scratch, exploring nearby ruins, finding old tech, fending off raiders and various wastelands fauna. Obviously with a turn-based tactical layer for battles. Every member of your settlement having SPECIAL stats, skills, perks and inventory. Isometric 2d with fallout's gritty sprites and death animations. Not by bethesda, though.
220px-Master_of_Magic_boxcover.jpg

Citizen

My calculator and dect phone are probably the only computational devices in my house that don't have mom installed.

But I'm thinking about even smaller scale - individual figures instead of units, every one with complete set of stats and skills, which would determine their roles in a settlement. High INT - lab worker, combat stats/skills and high CHA - exporing party leader, etc. Thea the Awakening style. Research system based on finding the pieces of pre-ITZ tech, not just research trees. And combat should be a better version of F:T turn-based mode, with individual figures using items, wasting ammo and so on. So, all the RPG elements of original fallouts, but wrapped in a 4x.

Edited: I mean, you do not buy soldiers, workers and scientists, you encounter people in the wastelands, maybe sometimes a kid is born in your settlement, all with randomized stats. And later you develop them in to the productive members of your post-apocalyptic society. Equip them and level them up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Its the fallout 3 remaster and not a new game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom