Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
People keep concentrating on the greed, but don't forget the envy. If some wizard is getting envious around here don't think I'm going to stand for that, it's execution time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What do you get when combine a Conjurer and an Invoker? :lol:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/2197860

Convoker, a new spellcaster class

Ho there adventurers,

Our next stretch goal at 100k offers a brand-new spellcaster class, Convoker.

The convoker eschews most other magical pursuits in favor of the Summoning spell class. Convokers are versatile masters of adaptation; instead of focusing on the icy grasp of a Wintermage or the dark energies of a Necromancer, Convokers call upon a wide range of creatures to suit any needed task. But don't mistake their versatility as pacificity: the summoning abilities they bring to bear can rain destruction on their enemies through claw, flame or steel.

By the way, Brian Fargo just backed the project and tweeted about us. Thank you, Mr. Fargo! Several fans already retweeted it. We don't have a social stretch goal for Twitter but we are happy our backers are letting people know about this.

Cael

Arcane
Holy shit I just looked at their map. It's even similar to the Sword Coast region.

20151117_Sword-Coast-Map.jpg

4ef732466581d59787f6f67e8071df20_original.jpg
Oh, a Hyboria copy. How original...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Oh, a Hyboria copy. How original...
Not that bad really,most modern fantasy maps are islands without any real geography. Just a bunch of kingdoms on island,lack of any realistic complexity. Also i don't see much of similarities,it have like one similar island on the side and that is it.

Cael

Arcane
Not that bad really,most modern fantasy maps are islands without any real geography. Just a bunch of kingdoms on island,lack of any realistic complexity. Also i don't see much of similarities,it have like one similar island on the side and that is it.
I was just making fun of the idiot. Most maps of an area would be like that because we have a large land mass with a couple of islands off the coast. To say that they are copying the Sword Coast is a retarded thing to say, especially when it looks more like Hyboria than the Sword Coast. And Hyboria is basically Europe and north Africa without the Med sea in the middle and no English Channel, which is, funnily enough, what the Black Geyser map sort of look like, except it has Plato's Atlantis off the Pillars of Hercules as well.

Cael

Arcane
That one's self-evident but to this day I wonder what you need to combine to get a fampyr? A faggot and a vampire?
The answer is nothing. You just need to get a vampire to bite Tom Cruise.

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
I was just making fun of the idiot. Most maps of an area would be like that because we have a large land mass with a couple of islands off the coast. To say that they are copying the Sword Coast is a retarded thing to say, especially when it looks more like Hyboria than the Sword Coast. And Hyboria is basically Europe and north Africa without the Med sea in the middle and no English Channel, which is, funnily enough, what the Black Geyser map sort of look like, except it has Plato's Atlantis off the Pillars of Hercules as well.

levant.jpg

Looks more like they shifted a map of the levant to me. Unless england area is now a tiny island or something like that there is no real world explanation for the long flat plane plus an island to the west and slightly to the north.

I am sure these guys just copied sword coast map though. They are obviously obsessed with BIS and BG series to an unhealthy degree where they hardly ever bother to change any details around.

It's like someone declared they were making a Bonan the Barbarian RPG set in Hyperbia.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
I'm getting the feeling that the other studios are backing/promoting Black Geyser just to shit Obsidian. :troll:

Cael

Arcane
I am sure these guys just copied sword coast map though. They are obviously obsessed with BIS and BG series to an unhealthy degree where they hardly ever bother to change any details around.
I don't see it. As I said, it has more in tune with a filled in Med Sea and English Channel with bits slightly out of place. The two extra islands would match with Plato's Atlantis if we take its locations as "beyond the Pillars of Hercules (i.e., Straits of Gibraltar)".

Map_Comparison.png

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
All fuckin medieval setting fantasy lands looks the same, from Glenn Cook to Tolkien, Jordan, Vance , Martin, and dozen of others be it books or cprgs, rpgs, tabletops , it's kind of normal thing.
If You want something original, try to piss and make shit into refrigerator instead of toilet or just found yourself something really important to do.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
My BG (see what they did there) party:

Confuzzler, Negroidmancer, Drycleaner, and a Pepperoni Elf with +10 to use wooden dildos.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Durlag's Tree Tavern:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/2198383

Gameplay video with quest and greed

Ho there adventurers,

Below is another video from our ongoing walkthrough, focusing on a short subquest that involves much dialogue and persuasion of greedy NPCs.

By the way, we got some suggestions to move the Reward Tier graphics up on the page so that there is not so much scrolling required, but for the time being, we prefer that they stay on the bottom. On the other hand, since the Collector's Box Edition tier is getting more popular (with several upgrades from Box edition), we add its graphics here and encourage you to take a look at the other Reward graphics as well on the bottom of the main campaign page.

972cb8e26e3d4a2b7357b211494f031b_original.png

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Grand Diviner Fidelio, Vanquisher of the Hinter-Beast

interesting fact: there's never an option to be evil but not greedy in this demo.

saving the bank vs. saving the orphanage:

1) save the bank to protect people's savings (greedy/ good)

2) save the orphanage because think of the children (not greedy/ good)

3) save the orphanage for moniez (greedy/ good)

4) save the bank and loot it (greedy/ evil)

helping a beggar while being robbed:

1) make the thief give all the money to the beggar (not greedy/ good)

2) bitch I'mma cut you (greedy/ evil)

3) give both of them some coin so they won't rob you again (greedy/ good)

4) keep all da moniez (greedy/ evil?)

horse gets injured while you're protecting a caravan:

1) mercy kill the horse and ask to ride with the wagons (greedy/ good)

2) don't even bother killing the horse because mewhaha evil (greedy/ evil)

3) put the horse down and use some of the spice that doesn't belong to you to make a stew for the merchants (greedy/ good? Possibly?) [If this kind of weirdo shit is indicative of the writing in the game then lmao]

4) bestiality option, you love the goddamn horse (not greedy/ good)

I hope the Zorn of the Zornilse hits these people in their Hinterbiest quite soon, because there is no rhyme or reason to this shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom