Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah,wiz is really shit developer. It is the only paradox game that i played once on release and never touched again. The core of the game was rotten and had no chance of improvement.

Wiz only took over post-release.
I don't think so. He was part of the dev team(even the lead) that made the game from what i remember. Another incompetent dev is Johan,he is pretty old and because of that he is lacking in the imagination department. Worst thing is that he is the boss and constantly trying to do shit. The nu rome will be made by him mainly. That is why i don't expect it to be any good.

LizardWizard

Cipher
I don't think so. He was part of the dev team(even the lead) that made the game from what i remember. Another incompetent dev is Johan,he is pretty old and because of that he is lacking in the imagination department. Worst thing is that he is the boss and constantly trying to do shit. The nu rome will be made by him mainly. That is why i don't expect it to be any good.

Wiz was mostly the lead on EU4 while Stellaris was being made and didn't even work at Paradox when the development first started.

But wanting to rip out the shitty tile system and focus on Vickyish style pops is a step in the right direction and probably the best hope the game has at being salvageable.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Wiz was mostly the lead on EU4 while Stellaris was being made and didn't even work at Paradox when the development first started.

But wanting to rip out the shitty tile system and focus on Vickyish style pops is a step in the right direction and probably the best hope the game has at being salvageable.
Everything is the "Best hope" for making the game playable. Can't people just accept that a shitty game is shitty game no matter what they change? Also isn't this just ripping out the building part of the game? This system looks pretty mech,the best building/economy system is the one from Aurora.

you probably see it by yourself, but do you know what fixed that for me? of course a shitload of mods, and then creating my own empires to populate the galaxy with. with a bit of overpowered starting systems here, or overpowered traits there, i could already direct who was going to be a threat soon, who later, who would have formed a federation with whom... i gave them even a little bit of lore because i'm a sore loser larper like that. and it worked. suddenly i had friends, enemies, familiar faces.
i wish i had skill and patience to create whole scenarios. that's really the thing stellaris needs.
sixvJNL.png

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I don't get why people get hyped about those binary star systems.
I don't think they DO anything.
You spend 95% of the game in the zoomed out map anyway.

whatevername

Arcane
I've noticed the overwhelming negative review bombing on steam since 2.0. What changed? I bought it some time ago on a steam sale whim but never ended up playing it, was thinking of trying it out on the weekend.
You ARE the reason why this game is shit. You're supposed to try the game first and then buy it.

Yeah, I don't get why people get hyped about those binary star systems.
I don't think they DO anything.
You spend 95% of the game in the zoomed out map anyway.

Planets don't even revolve around stars in Stellaris, they all just sit at arbitrary positions in systems. It's all zero effort crap.

Delterius

Arcane
imagine if every province in eu4 had one tree in it

then a patch adds a second tree

maybe a small patch of farmland too, for the rarest of provinces

if you can't see the appeal of that you're going mad

Bigg Boss

Arcane
imagine if every province in eu4 had one tree in it

then a patch adds a second tree

maybe a small patch of farmland too, for the rarest of provinces

if you can't see the appeal of that you're going mad

As much as I like the games Paradox puts out, this is the best way of describing their current operation. I saw a DLC for Stellaris just now that was 10 bucks, that imo should have been a free update. Absurd nonsense which is why I wait for their games to be essentially free.

The newest CK II DLC sounds like pure bullshit.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

As much as I like the games Paradox puts out, this is the best way of describing their current operation. I saw a DLC for Stellaris just now that was 10 bucks, that imo should have been a free update. Absurd nonsense which is why I wait for their games to be essentially free.

The newest CK II DLC sounds like pure bullshit.
I haven't seen a single bit of DLC that didn't rip off some mod that did it better anyway.

I'm not sure any of the patches have actually made the game BETTER than on release - apart from bug fixes of course. On the whole, it seems like it's been getting LESS fun.

Seems like Paradox really loves to break their games over time fsr.

I've noticed the overwhelming negative review bombing on steam since 2.0. What changed? I bought it some time ago on a steam sale whim but never ended up playing it, was thinking of trying it out on the weekend.
You ARE the reason why this game is shit. You're supposed to try the game first and then buy it.
you can always return it within the 2 hr window
better than getting a virus from a torrent
"its not a virus, guise. honest. it's just a false positive"
he says, adding your pc to his botnet, which is the only reason he spends time cracking games
not all but most, I think

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
you can always return it within the 2 hr window
better than getting a virus from a torrent
"its not a virus, guise. honest. it's just a false positive"
he says, adding your pc to his botnet, which is the only reason he spends time cracking games
not all but most, I think
:lol:
The only viruses i get are from facebook(My sister uses that shit). Most torrent sites are virus free,you just have to know your shit. I don't have any anti-virus and don't have problems with torrents.

Most torrent sites are virus free,you just have to know your shit.
Really? So you know how to open an exe and figure out what it does and why it's tripping virus alerts - which btw may not show up until years later if the cracker did his job right and used VirusTotal etc to check his work?

Do you run it in a virtual environment and see what it does and what kind of outgoing connections it makes if any?
I don't have any anti-virus and don't have problems with torrents.
mystery.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Most torrent sites are virus free,you just have to know your shit.
Really? So you know how to open an exe and figure out what it does and why it's tripping virus alerts - which btw may not show up until years later if the cracker did his job right and used VirusTotal etc to check his work?

Do you run it in a virtual environment and see what it does and what kind of outgoing connections it makes if any?
I don't have any anti-virus and don't have problems with torrents.
mystery.png
Hahahaha you are one paranoid bastard mate. The pcs i use for work are pretty far away from anything internet,the best defence for information. I don't use the everyday pc for work and have nothing important on it. Once it gets fucked up by viruses i just reinstall it. And i am not joking about the facebook being a snake nest.

Once it gets fucked up by viruses i just reinstall it.
"hurr hurr, I don't need an antivirus, I will just reinstall windows over and over. also, what's a boot sector virus and why do all my games run slow?"

ok
And i am not joking about the facebook being a snake nest.
not doing stupid quizes and blocking ads goes a long way to stopping most fb viruses.

who even browses fb on their pc?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom