Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

sser

Arcane
Developer
I'm beginning to realize Twitter is the perfect platform for SJW nonsense because SJW nonsense is so intellectually shallow almost all of its arguments can be made with a few sentences and a wheelbarrow of aggression. I think one could have a nuanced point of view that this conflict was almost universally fought by reluctant and often unwilling men and that the inclusion of cartoonish women is a bad play on that, but also that the BF series has always been inherently cartoonish from day 1 so maybe a middle ground could be had where people take it easy. In fact, the 'respect' of depicting warfare in video games is a great topic in and of itself that one could seriously think about. But no. Instead we get a bunch of fuck men nonsense and white knighting out the ass.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I've only really played Battlefield 1942 and the majority of that was done playing with a band of hyper realistic 'stuntmen' figuring out how to abuse the game's physics. The series was always cartoonish in my beautiful eyes.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Battlefield was never "realistic" in the gameplay sense, but when it came to locations, weapons and characters it always aimed to be realistic. People are also pissed because Dice had to chance to add women in a realistic manner about 20 times before with all the modern time or near-future games, they even had the chance to add women as resistance members or put the game in the Eastern front and make the female recon/sniper model a woman, people wouldn't be anywhere near as pissed then.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Battlefield was never "realistic" in the gameplay sense, but when it came to locations, weapons and characters it always aimed to be realistic. People are also pissed because Dice had to chance to add women in a realistic manner about 20 times before with all the modern time or near-future games, they even had the chance to add women as resistance members or put the game in the Eastern front and make the female recon/sniper model a woman, people wouldn't be anywhere near as pissed then.

Can we stop pretending women belong in the military? Please?

Enough of this shit. Enough of trying to show how non-sexist or non-racist we are to SJWs, like they even remotely give a shit. It's time to shelf this dumbfuckery once and for all.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I didn't know that the americans and germans were playing Overwatch on Normandy 1944.

DeepOcean

Arcane

Enough of this shit. Enough of trying to show how non-sexist or non-racist we are to SJWs, like they even remotely give a shit. It's time to shelf this dumbfuckery once and for all.
YES! Fucking yes! Women were never a fan of seeing their intestines from outside, that is why they always sent the men to die. Just look to the modern US military, most women enlist as far as they can from any serious front line because they aren't fucking stupid and know that being blown up and raped upon capture are a very real risk, war isn't empowering, war is fucking degrading and terrible, that is why most women plan to stay as far away as they can from it and only take part of it when the men failed and the enemy is blowing everything anyway, so they need to defend themselves.

It is fucking awful to see people lying this way and pretending it is otherwise.

If they want to make their Hello Kitty FPS game, where the absolute minimal minority of women that play FPS can play with one, fine, go ahead and make some nonsense setting but being disrespectful with the men that ACTUALLY died on the war and fucking lying with no shame, pretending you are authentic when every second of the trailer shows otherwise...

It is a pity that most Battlefield fans are compulsive mongoloids, EA don't deserve money.

kalganoat

Savant
British army certainly didn't let women serve on the front line. If they are gonna include women. How about the Russians then? Oh right they are probably gonna demonize Soviet Union like Enemy at the Gates and Company of heroes 2. We can't have positive depiction of those commies now can we?

Also British army didn't let blacks serve with whites in the same unit. Pretending otherwise is disrespecting history and ignoring racism. I think they call that whitewashing. Why don't they show some British African regiments? Oh right too niche to sell to the West.

And prosthetics. Come on the metal claw they used back then was so primitive you could barely take care your everyday needs. They certainly wouldn't let someone with one arm serve on the front line. How effective could they be? I love how some people bring up Douglas Bader as a rebuttal. They are just gonna pretend pilot and infantry perform the same tasks.

SJW DICE trying to be PC and pretending WWII was a liberal paradise is frankly disgusting.

Last edited:

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
battlefield-v.jpg

Ha! They even gave it that NewRetroTechnoWave/Cyberpunk/New-Blade Runner aesthetic with the purples, cyans, blues, and those graphical aberrations. I can imagine the board meeting: "It's what the kids are watching! Put that in there! And also that chick with the warpaint from Horizon Zero Dawn and someone who looks like the guy from God of War! Could we put a few ninjas and black guys too?"

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

Codex ate my message when it went down for a while yesterday. At least it was mostly saved.
That wasn't my idea at all. My point was that the general public wouldn't be as pissed as they are if it was done in a realistic and serious manner, without any cartoony cricket bat shit and prosthetic arms, rather than trying to make our little corner of the internet look good to people that hate us.
I have no issue with women in the military if they are kept to the same standards as men, but SJWs pushing it so hard is absolutely dumb because the right to be in the military isn't a right you want to have, it's not like men ever want to willingly die for politicians.

KK1001

Arbiter
You know gamers are fucking retards when they get more upset over Tracer being in the game instead of the spastic excuse for a cinematic trailer that feels like it was directed by an intern.

Big Wrangle

What the fuck? The average company offers that kind of shit as a reverse sleeve because they know one can just look one up and print it in no time. But this is EA, they can no longer shock you I guess.

Edit: Actually the deluxe edition adds some typical EA nonsense. These include: 5 sets of Paratrooper Outfits, Deluxe Edition Special Assignments, 20 weekly Airlifts.

Last edited by a moderator:

duke nukem

Augur
I guess dice developers read this comic and wanted to make something similar.:lol:
GIJoe-05-coverSUB-600x910.jpg

Im happy that we got crippled woman, but where is fat woman and gay male character?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom