Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker Kickstarter Update #52: Lore Video, End of Crowdfunding

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Development on Pathfinder: Kingmaker continues, with a new beta build released to backers earlier this month. The game is still scheduled for release in late summer, a date which is now fast approaching, and thus Owlcat have announced that they're shutting down crowdfunding - unfortunately, just $20,000 away from the final $1.1M Hellknights stretch goal. The details are in Kingmaker's latest Kickstarter update, which also features a new lore video starring Paizo Creative Director James Jacobs. The five minute video serves as an introduction to both the Kingmaker campaign and the Pathfinder setting in general. The most interesting part is the description of the game's kingdom management aspect, which also includes a few brief snippets of gameplay. Check it out:

We are very happy to bring you a brand new video today! Learn more about Golarion and the Stolen Lands from Paizo's very own Creative Director James Jacobs below!

Perhaps you have friends, who have voiced interest in Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but they're unfamiliar with the lore? Feel free to share this video and help them learn what the setting is all about!

Crowdfunding ends this Friday!

As previously announced, we are about to stop collecting money towards the unlocking of additional stretchgoals. As you all know, we are aiming to release the full version of Pathfinder: Kingmaker in late summer 2018. And that means there has to be a cutoff point, where we stop promising and adding new features in order to give ourselves enough time to complete the game. As of this moment, we're at a crowdfunding sum of about 1,080,000 USD. Unfortunately, this means that Hellknights didn't quite make it in time. Sorry!

Many of you have asked whether Hellknights could be added later via post-release DLC. While we can't promise it at this point, it's a possibility. We really enjoy working on this title and since many of you keep asking for post-release content, we need to consider it. The nature and amount of such content, however, remains to be determined at a later date. Please bear with us!

As our crowdfunding is coming to an end, so is our current offer of pre-order packages. They will be replaced by different pre-order packs, which can be purchased over on owlcatgames.com. Pathfinder: Kingmaker is also getting its very own Steam page in the coming days! A little while later, sometime around early June, pre-orders for Pathfinder: Kingmaker will also come to the Steam Store, followed by pre-orders on GoG within the first half of June.

Good luck, Owlcat! I still wouldn't be surprised if there's a last minute delay, but it'll be interesting to see what shape this game ships in.

Curratum

I didn't pitch in during the KS but I preordered anyway after watching enough beta gameplay on YT.

I think it's a much safer bet than most of the other crowdfunded games because you have Paizo financing it and the devs are using a published, liked adventure path / series of modules. They simply have to sit down and implement the 3.75 ruleset into the game. And I believe one of the stretch goals was Chris Avellone slightly touching up and expanding the main quest, then writing an additional module, so there's also that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Paizo ain't financing this. Owlcat is owned by Russian F2P game publisher My.com. If anybody is financing the game besides the Kickstarter backers it's them.

Also there is no Chris Avellone stretch goal. He is writing some of the companions, one of whom was added in a stretch goal.

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Paizo ain't financing this and there is no Chris Avellone stretch goal or module. He is writing some of the companions, one of whom was added in a stretch goal.

Owlcat is owned by Russian F2P game publisher My.com. If anybody is financing the game besides the Kickstarter backers it's them.

There's a PnP adventure by MCA though, which is advertised as "Chris Avellone Adventure Module" on their page.

Curratum

"With help from Paizo and their authors, the story and quests have been expanded by RPG writer Chris Avellone and the Owlcat team, allowing for even more adventure in the already rich narrative of the Stolen Lands."

Quote is from the KS.

I AM wrong about the adventure module - Avellone is doing a pen and paper PDF module for the PF game - one of the rewards is:
  • digital RPG adventure PDF by Chris Avellone
And from an article online:

"This Kickstarter, to be clear, isn’t to fund Kingmaker — it’s to add to it. Owlcat hopes to increase the number of companions (and give them more depth), classes (Pathfinder as a number of roles for characters to play), dungeons and other areas to explore, events, and new quests that aren’t part of the published Kingmaker adventure path."

"Shpilchevsky: The base game might be considered funded. We’ll be asking for money for additional content."

Which is why I imagined Paizo is funding it. :)

Max Edge

So, what race they add to game? Demi-angels or elementals?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom