Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
That's probably Malcolm Reynolds again.
Dunno why he is still not banned, doxxed and raped.

Stop the hate.

I was literally about to post that

L O L

fuck this piece of shit cash grab can't believe people are dumb enough to buy this crap

edit: actually i can believe it :negative:

Arnust

Savant
Made my piece on DSR (spanish):
Anyway guys, want the best news? GAME SPEED IS TIED TO FRAME RATE WITH THE EXPECTATION OF 60
:retarded:

AGAIN? Did they learn nothing from DS2?
The difference is that it's not just double durability damage frames but EVERYTHING. I'm not sure what even happens in multiplayer, I couldn't check. That and they're probably not gonna be able to fix this as it really seems like it's an engine specific problem, and my speculation for why the Switch port got delayed; it didn't hit those 60 so it permanently stayed slowed.

Anyway, even having exceeded the refund margin I got one, thankfully enough. If you're "that guy" who wants to play it and hasn't got the OG, just give someone who does 20 bucks for them to get it for you; the discount for owners doesn't go away.

RoSoDude

Arcane
Anybody want to confirm for me that the PC "Remaster" still has done nothing to fix the abysmal mouse controls from the original PC port? Because that's all I need to write this thing off as a useless cash grab (as if there weren't enough reasons already). I saw nothing about it in any patch notes, and I only saw one press outlet do as much as speculate about it when the remaster was announced.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Anybody want to confirm for me that the PC "Remaster" still has done nothing to fix the abysmal mouse controls from the original PC port? Because that's all I need to write this thing off as a useless cash grab (as if there weren't enough reasons already). I saw nothing about it in any patch notes, and I only saw one press outlet do as much as speculate about it when the remaster was announced.
mouse is better than in original, but it still not good.
There is a floaty feel to it (probably because my game runs in slowmo despite fucking gtx 1070), and I dunno if you can change sensitivity.

Arnust

Savant
Dd_JM1FWkAEIIJV.png

Nice to see they kept thet cute reference xdee
unknown.png

Dd_SgCIU8AARx-Z.png

Beggar

Cipher
Always hated automatically added items to the bottom slot. Also a great thing to be able to use multiple soul clouds

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

My control felt fine.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I got this and I feel very conflicted about it; on one hand the hi res textures look wonderful and having a non janky framerate does makes the game feel a lot tighter, I don’t have issues with the redone effects for the fogwalls or fire effects... but the new lighting used on this simply sucks
It sort of makes everything too contrasted, the dark is too dark and the light is too light. The player character looks like he is carrying a god ray on top of his head and he looks like he is glowing. All that light really takes away from the moody ambiance of the original game
For all the great improvements like the FPS, retextures and small things like the ability to use multiple items at the same time the lighting really killed it for me... might try an ENB or something

Edit: I replayed the Undead Asylum in both versions and holy shit I am even more torn, the Remastered version runs so nice but the lighting is terrible and even makes the main char look like an anime character in a realistic painting, for example in my pyro gear it looses all of its details
So now the question will be: a still great looking but jerky Dark Souls or a beautiful running Remastered with awfule lighting that looks so distracting it ruins the overall look of the whole game

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So basically the Remaster is dogshit in everything except for the 60fps which can be turned on in PtD with a single tap on Backspace. I hope you refunded.
No man... other than the lighting everything is pretty good; the hi res icons, multi item usage, hi res textures look nice and the framerate is superb
As I said I am really confused, maybe an ENB will help or there will be enough backlash they will patch the lighting or give the option for the traditional lighting

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Most people got it for the active online community. Also they updated online features from what I hear.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Seeing all those arguments I'm wondering....

What if next year Bamco decides to make Remaster Director's Cut? With EIGHT simultaneous players, even higher resolution and this time with most bugs fixed. The price is 40 bucks, half if you own the original Remaster. The original Remaster will be pulled from the store, of course.

"Yeah, I'll buy it, for the active community, if for nothing else."

Ok, great.

Would you buy a new version of the Remaster every time Bamco repeated that schtick? Even every single year? Every half-year? Every month? You know, just for the active online community?

And if not - why is it ok once but not twice or more?

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Seeing all those arguments I'm wondering....

What if next year Bamco decides to make Remaster Director's Cut? With EIGHT simultaneous players, even higher resolution and this time with most bugs fixed. The price is 40 bucks, half if you own the original Remaster. The original Remaster will be pulled from the store, of course.

"Yeah, I'll buy it, for the active community, if for nothing else."

Ok, great.

Would you buy a new version of the Remaster every time Bamco repeated that schtick? Even every single year? Every half-year? Every month? You know, just for the active online community?

And if not - why is it ok once but not twice or more?

It's not okay. People are conflating ethics on the part of company with personal utility. It can both be a ridiculous money grab and decent fun for the fans. I know its all very confusing.

People aren't going to go full puritan and miss out on 10 000 signs lighting up and reliving their nostalgia. This whole direct market with your wallet is nothing but propaganda. It has never worked and never will work. This is just one trivial example of why.

I,e this is why you need strong consumer protection laws.

Also on personal basis I am still undecided but I might give it a wirl simply because I never played ds1 and this is good chance to do so. I suspect it is the same for many others.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
If you never played the original then by all means go for it, hell I am guessing new players wont mind the lighting issues most veteran players like me have so you should try the Remaster
I played some more until Capra and the smoother framerate is pretty nice and beign able to adjust the size of the UI is very good too
As I played more and more I am kind of ok with it, still not liking the lighting especially how it makes the main character and npc like Solaire look bloomy and soft, and how many textures have this weird plasticy blue reflections (especially in the burg)
Hope they relase a few patches to smooth out that lighting

Arnust

Savant
It's not okay. People are conflating ethics on the part of company with personal utility. It can both be a ridiculous money grab and decent fun for the fans. I know its all very confusing.

People aren't going to go full puritan and miss out on 10 000 signs lighting up and reliving their nostalgia. This whole direct market with your wallet is nothing but propaganda. It has never worked and never will work. This is just one trivial example of why.

I,e this is why you need strong consumer protection laws.

Also on personal basis I am still undecided but I might give it a wirl simply because I never played ds1 and this is good chance to do so. I suspect it is the same for many others.
If you are still gonna willingly ignore the ruckus and are gonna get it on PC; just give someone who has the original 20 bucks for them to get it for you.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
If you are still gonna willingly ignore the ruckus and are gonna get it on PC; just give someone who has the original 20 bucks for them to get it for you.

That requires one to have gameplayfags as friends which i do not.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Yea i'll wait till I find someone to do the 50% off thing if anyone here is willing i'll be grateful.

Beggar

Cipher
It's great to have those needed features (multiple items at once ,etc). Just beat my torrented playthrough. Now onwards to a new character to farm 80 dragon scales :deathclaw:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom