Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Ivan

Arcane
E0EA0F80C2962A82F8E35BACA0697D79242415F5

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I've finished C&C : Renegade on Commando difficulty.

game2018-05-0221-22-2z3r0h.jpg

game2018-05-0221-54-04cpwz.jpg

An FPS version of Command&Conquer?

Yes.
Gamespy had a beta launch demo back then where you can 10 v 10 in a single map.
So the objective for MP was to destroy the opposing side's command center by planting a C4 on it.
You earn cash by killing opposition or protect your harvester. And then spend it on new class or vehicles like Stealth Tank, etc.

It's pretty cool.

Zlaja

Arcane
Let's roll!

5GfwcOe.jpg

Oy vey! We better be careful.

FjkElh8.jpg

On top of things.:obviously:

AYQpg1i.jpg

Pretty colors.

TK4ZIMy.jpg

FREEDOM!!

J4NnGRO.jpg

Just chillin'

VTLwJpf.jpg

Of course!

lyXFoNw.jpg

Welcome to Mexico!

PIIzLt0.jpg

Pizza party?

wZ87hz7.jpg

Cleve's bunker

UwUI8PJ.jpg

Playing with dolls

3ytLIDB.jpg

:ibelieveincleve:

20180523012652_1r0pp5.jpg

I had never gotten around to this even though I've owned the game since release. The turn-based combat is pretty cool but everything else is pretty awful. The inventory system in particular is just terrible.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Some really excellent puzzles, and of course several moments of "how the fuck did I miss that item." I still have a mostly loving relationship with point and clicks, but damn do they also piss me off the most.
F87408F959C6239D2C95C17C60ED6CCFE5604EE2

390A6B8DBD8CA69250CBEFC45CE322879BAA3E04

obligatory WTF
1D09753168B1D9D235B8D80418ADB5498D10734A

Citizen

8e1lpA.png

8e1H1q.png

8e1zfM.png

:roll:
Compare this writing to the first game. This is not even the most cringeworthy example.
8e12de.png

Unicorn riding valkyrie teleports behind you.
8ethia.png

Unsheathes lance.
8e18Mk.png

Nothing personnel, midget.
Edited:
8ekLZc.png

8ekMsK.png

:roll:
wwwjulia.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DraQ

Arcane
IO01SBh.jpg
5UlZnAy.jpg
efrt1Zh.png

Now I see where teabagging came from.
Turn fast translucency off, and detail textures on.

You may also try using hardware acceleration.
Thanks for the tip about the fast translucency, but detail textures aren't available via software rendering.
You're right (just checked).
You can at most tweak detail bias.

Do make sure that other options are set - high detail actors, shiny surfaces, volumetric lighting, texture filtering, etc.
If running unpatched there is also an option to enable a sort of software tesselation, but it works somewhat wonky on some models and was causing mindbogglingly massive FPS hit back in the day when, for example, something got gibbed.
:love:
Ah, the memories.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
IO01SBh.jpg
5UlZnAy.jpg
efrt1Zh.png

Now I see where teabagging came from.
Turn fast translucency off, and detail textures on.

You may also try using hardware acceleration.
Thanks for the tip about the fast translucency, but detail textures aren't available via software rendering.
You're right.
You can at most tweak detail bias.

Do make sure that other options are set - high detail actors, shiny surfaces, volumetric lighting, texture filtering, etc.
If running unpatched there is also an option to enable a sort of software tesselation, but it works somewhat wonky on some models and was causing mindbogglingly massive FPS hit back in the day when, for example, something got gibbed.
:love:
Ah, the memories.
I'll look into detail bias, and I've set other options too after you reminded me that UE games usually need some ini tweaking for even better results. I'm running the Gold version (it's currently free on Steam and GOG btw so you might want to grab it in case you want a backup and don't own it yet), and curved surfaces aren't available in the software mode as far as I remember. Curved surfaces usually looked like ass when I enabled them in the cancelled Hired Guns remake, but never tried them in other games.

Unreal is definitely better than I remember -- when I beat it as a kid I missed a lot of tiny details and now I'm enjoying it to the max.

DraQ

Arcane
I'm running the Gold version (it's currently free on Steam and GOG btw so you might want to grab it in case you want a backup and don't own it yet), and curved surfaces aren't available in the software mode as far as I remember. Curved surfaces usually looked like ass when I enabled them in the cancelled Hired Guns remake, but never tried them in other games.
Curved surfaces are in the display tab, not rendering. Guess it's because they are pretty much independent of renderer as they deal with geometry and HW tesselation wasn't invented yet.
They are very YMMV, though and it wasn't necessarily a bad decision to kill them in the patches, even though it cost some bragging rights.
Detail bias = lower -> sharper. The values go down to -1, I think.

Unreal is definitely better than I remember -- when I beat it as a kid I missed a lot of tiny details and now I'm enjoying it to the max.
:bro:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom