Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
kickstarter has officially become a joke/ scam machine. Move on, nothing to see here.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Honestly fuck this fat doofus. He hasn't made a decent or even a new game since Geneforge 5 nearly a decade ago. Annoying sjw hipster.

No offense if anyone's a fan of him, I used to be a fan before he released his exile games for a 3rd time making them mechanically worse for a third time.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
His older games are not even that good. The main reason most people supported him was in hopes he would be able to do bigger, more complex, higher budget games over time.

The Geneforges are very good and are everything Codex always says they want, but no one actually seems to play (because despite Codex's pretensions, most here are graphics whores). He needs to get no bigger or better than them. I recognize that some of them have flaws, but Geneforge is my favorite RPG series ever. It does C&C better than most large studios, but it was made by just one guy.

The Avernums are bread and butter, exploration focused, massive, Ultima-like, RPGs, and great fun if you have the time to play them.

The Avadons aren't terrible, just kind of dull and his worst series, but he's said repeatedly he was consciously trying to make games in the style of Bioware for that series. So it's not like he's trying to claim that they are C&C heavy Fallout/Geneforge style RPGs or anything. He's open about what they are and what he was trying to do with them. This doesn't mean that all of the games in the future will be Bioware clones.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
We should be grateful for Jeff Vogel instead of hating on him, he made crpgs in a time where crpgs were considered completely dead.

I am not grateful to a man that kept reselling the same stuff at least ten times and flat out told that I am not his objective as a buyer nor I should consider myself one. Vogel flat-out told the Codex to go fuck itself. And not in a good way. If he's gonna read this thread and cherry pick quotes about piracy to complain about us again, I hereby swear:

He'll have my money if he does an innovative game that plays with the same strengths Geneforge had: good setting, reactivity, somewhat enjoyable moral dilemmas. I am not paying for Bioware lite, nor for self-inserts, nor for crappy killtheratathon. Earn my money, and not thanks to Steam that gave him free visibility.

Also, have I said he's old, and tired, and needs money?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Geneforges are very good and are everything Codex always says they want, but no one actually seems to play when they are there (because despite Codex's pretensions, most here are graphics whores). He needs to get no bigger or better than them. I recognize that some of them have flaws, but Geneforge is my favorite RPG series ever. It does C&C better than most large studios, but it was made by just one guy.

Geneforge series has always been a favourite of mine, if only for the highly original sci-fi/fantasy hybrid setting.

I really hope Jeff does something original with this KS. He is definitely at his best when he's thinking outside the box.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The problem with Jeff is that his exile/avernum remakes are much better games than anything "original" he's made these last years. Frankly I would much rather prefer a geneforge remake than a new game.

UNmtCwM.jpg

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I've always thought that Jeff maintained a steady orbital path, where he didn't need to exert that much energy to keep his trajectory from collapsing, which was good, because the games only generated enough revenue to give Spiderweb that small push. Using Kickstarter will let him break out of that orbit and fund a heavier development. The question is whether the result will be enough to put him on a widening orbit of ever greater things, or whether it'll mess up the equilibrium he's had and put an end to his business model. Hope it works.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
I, too, hope it'll work to destroy his business model.

Not rly, Vogel is annoying, but if people like annoying, good for them.

PrettyDeadman

Couldn't be more HYPED!
Hopefully kickstarter would mean new and IMPROVED graphical engine and AOE spells!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vogel is like that one granduncle who used to be endearing when he told you his old war stories, but now he's become kinda boring because he keeps telling the same three stories over and over again, and each time he tells them they lose some of their charm. He also keeps complaining about how he's getting old and no longer has any adventures like he used to have in his youth. His family keep inviting him to cross-country hiking trips and holidays in Europe, willing to spend some money to give him some cool adventurous experiences again, but he always rejects the invitations, saying that he's too old for this shit. Then he repeats the same three war stories everyone has heard a thousand times already, and everyone shakes their heads.

Terra

Cipher
It's hard to get excited for a kickstarted game from Vogel when you know its remake is just around the corner.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom