Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Keep the Peace : in-depth police strategy

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

This looks pretty great.
Keep the Peace is an exciting fusion of grand strategy, "tycoon" management, city builder, and real-time tactics.

ppss0011w.jpg
PYP49Fq.jpg
ppss0018w.jpg
ppss0015w.jpg

Look at the stats, for crying out loud! STATS!! There's even a "Diversity" stat so Codexers can ruthlessly fire proven liberals. Numbers don't lie.

Anyway, back the game so the KS succeeds, punks. I want to play this.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would only back this if the dev confirms that your law enforcement agency is allowed to overthrow the other branches of government and rule over Americans as some sort of neo-Spartan elite.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Every incident type will have virtually infinite variations, so no two will ever feel exactly the same, and the circumstances of an incident could change in an instant, so you better be ready for anything.

Every situation is different, and every approach has its pros and cons based on your resources, your objectives, your opposition, the terrain, the weather, and many other factors.

No wonder they need all that money, this is a hugely ambitious project. Hope this game sees the light of day.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here are the updates so far.

Update #1

May 17 2018

1 Down, 28 to Go!

Hi!

I'm Nick Morris, the creator of Keep the Peace. Thank you for being one of the very first supporters of this project, and helping to lead the way as we march forward with our ambitious, challenging, but wholly achievable Kickstarter campaign!

In our first day on Kickstarter, our small but committed group of existing supporters came out in droves to back the project, and we're up to nearly 5% of our goal. That's respectable for Day One, but we need to maintain, and even grow, that momentum, in order to be sure we can reach our goal and be able to make Keep to Peace in to the best game it can be.

Among those who come across the game, and either enjoy strategy/management games or have an interest in law enforcement, reception has been extremely positive. The problem is, most of the people who would enjoy this game, still have no idea we exist. We need to build awareness like never before, and fast.

What our team has been doing:

• Contacting journalists, streamers, message boards/forums, who have audiences that may be interested in Keep the Peace
  • Running and optimizing targeted ads to people who have expressed interest in strategy game and/or law enforcement
  • Trying the best we can to respond to all the great questions and feedback we're getting in various places from supporters like you and those considering pledging their support
  • Revisiting pricing and reward tiers as many people seemed to have been turned off by the fact we were throwing in extra things like more copies of the game, and the high price of Alpha access
What you can do:

• Continue sharing on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), with your friends and coworkers, and with any communities you might be active on including message boards, reddits, or gaming groups
  • Help us encourage journalists and streamers to talk about Keep the Peace -- often they'll listen to you, their audience, more readily than us (note our Press Kit available here: http://playktp.com/presskit/)
  • Give us your feedback on the Kickstarter campaign, the campaign page, the reward tiers, or anything else -- how could we make this more compelling for people like you?
  • Share your ideas and resources with everyone about how the whole community can help spread the word. Here's one place you can do so: https://www.reddit.com/r/KeepThePeace/
Thank you again for your support, and your commitment to make Keep the Peace a reality. Standing alone, this project would probably never be realistic. But together, we can make it excel.

Visit & Share on Facebook

Visit & Share on Twitter

Update #2

May 18 2018

Major Update! Easier to get Beta & Alpha; Detailed Budget; Discord Server

Hi Everyone!

Happy Friday! We have a major update for you today.

2ef5756a5034360b4bbb91109492309d_original.png

First of all, we've listened to your feedback. We said from the beginning we would manage the development of Keep the Peace in an open and transparent way, and that applies to the Kickstarter too. Many, many people contacted us to say they were interested in Keep the Peace, but couldn't justify waiting more than a year to play, and couldn't afford the tiers with beta or alpha access. Problem solved. Officer tiers (CA$20-$25; early bird is still available!) will now get Beta access. Sergeant and Lieutenant tiers (CA$40-$50; CA$95) will both now get Alpha access! Because we couldn't edit the existing tiers, we've created new ones. If you're in an old tier, feel free to switch with the "Manage your Pledge" button on the Kickstarter page (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/396893101/keep-the-peace-in-depth-police-strategy) or by clicking the link in the confirmation email you would have received. Don't worry if you don't switch though, you'll still get any additional rewards you're now entitled to!

Second, many people had questions about our budget, since CA$425,000 is a significant amount of money. Though in reality this is not a significant sum for a game of this scale and complexity, and cannot be compared to smaller games with much simpler AIs, UIs, and graphics--or games that are further along in development--it is worth explaining in more detail where this number comes from. We've added our more detailed budget directly to the Kickstarter page (again: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/396893101/keep-the-peace-in-depth-police-strategy), in the "Budget" section about two-thirds the way down the page.

Third, there is now a Discord server available to discuss the game and the Kickstarter! You can login here: https://discord.gg/2vmU9SS Message me here (on Kickstarter) with your Discord screen name if you're a backer and want to join the backer-exclusive channels.

Thanks to everyone for your continued support! Be sure to spread the word to your friends about the updates!

Visit the Kickstarter Page

Visit Us on Facebook

Visit Us on Twitter

Update #3

May 23 2018

One Week Down!

52d96d8424c49bcbd32202eb96e8f6d7_original.PNG

kickstarter.com

Well, it's official! We're just a couple hours shy of completing our first week on Kickstarter. And with that great milestone comes a few others. We just got our 500th backer! More than five hundred people have joined the cause to help make Keep the Peace a reality, and thousands of others are interested and on the fence. So although we still have a long ways to go with this campaign, we've undoubtedly already succeeded at forming a strong group of supporters, and that was the primary goal we set out to achieve.

Media attention and our popularity is clearly on the rise. In fact, at this moment, Keep the Peace is the 6th most popular game on IndieDB (out of 46,841 titles there). That's monumental for a game as new as ours.

We're very much looking forward to the next week, where we expect media attention to grow even further. And we're also hard at work to finish a rough gameplay demo (first a video, then an actual build for your favorite streamers and media outlets to tinker with), so look forward to that!

If we reach our goal -- amazing! If we don't, it'll be time for Plan B, securing alternative sources of funding. Regardless, the closer we get to our Kickstarter goal the easier it'll be to attract good partners, publishers, and investors. So don't let any pessimism stop you from spreading the word, and encouraging people to sign up early for Keep the Peace. Every dollar pledged now shows the world that this is a game that deserves to be made, and made right.

As always, we highly encourage you to join us on Discord if you haven't already! Chat about the game, about the Kickstarter campaign, share your ideas, and connect with other fans of Keep the Peace. It's all right here: https://discord.gg/2vmU9SS

Thank you for your continued support!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/396893101/keep-the-peace-in-depth-police-strategy

https://www.facebook.com/playktp/
The Kickstarter isn't on track to fund ... which is all the more reason to pledge. If they don't fund, pledging is free! What a deal!

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Every incident type will have virtually infinite variations, so no two will ever feel exactly the same, and the circumstances of an incident could change in an instant, so you better be ready for anything.

Every situation is different, and every approach has its pros and cons based on your resources, your objectives, your opposition, the terrain, the weather, and many other factors.

No wonder they need all that money, this is a hugely ambitious project. Hope this game sees the light of day.
You understand I wrote something similar single handedly when I was high-school dropout (because high-school rather violate law than keep disabled on school)

Actually my research project was bit more complicated because it was to create proper story. What they are doing can be done by a simple genetic variation.

Actually they can still fail. There are several caveats, which are somehow complicated to solve when people didn't make several games already, or don't have enough talent.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
No Zombra, my disability causes 1/3 muscular activity, or heart problems thus. I didn't commit suicide by doing so.

Zombra

Patron
Customization teaser. Hire officers based on stats and traits, select uniform style, then build your units' cars and equipment loadouts.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not averse to backing it but has the team's prior experience or any such been mentioned?

Zombra

Patron
Not averse to backing it but has the team's prior experience or any such been mentioned?
No prior releases that I know of, the guy has been working on this one idea for 20 years around his day job. There's been no mention of prior project management experience which makes me concerned. He lists out his whole budget on the kickstarter page though so he's apparently thought it through.

Kickstarter looks doomed to fail, right now the plan is to get as many pledges as possible so he can show consumer interest to a publisher ... so pledge generously because odds are you won't be charged a cent, and you can always pull it at the last minute if this thing succeeds by some miracle. Even a $1 pledge is a big deal because it's one more person he can show on # of backers.

Zombra

Patron
Simple preview about assigning patrols. Pretty cool, you can block out districts however you want, and set different kinds of patrols: emergency response, community policing, and traffic control. Then assign units to those patrols. So your badass gunslingers might be your emergency response team, your socially skilled cops might be good community outreach officers etc.

Zombra

Patron
Mailing list cheerleading:

2e964cc3-ee83-4f06-8b4b-57d34255076e.png

0b6409e4-163c-4a1f-8bfd-f018bb52d490.png
32 Hours to Go!
With little more than a day left in the Kickstarter campaign, this is a quick message to say thank you for all your support! Though we may not reach our ambitious funding goal, this campaign has already been incredibly successful at building the Keep the Peace community, and demonstrating unequivocally that this game should be made. In just the past few weeks:

• Over 700 people have pledged nearly $50,000 to support the project, with almost 60% of that coming from extremely generous individuals who pledged $95+ each

• Over 400 people are now on our Discord chat server, talking about the game, sharing ideas, and making friends (https://discord.gg/2vmU9SS)

• Our 4 YouTube videos have been viewed over 20,000 times, and a number of prominent YouTubers have featured the game

• Keep the Peace has frequently appeared in the Top 10 of IndieDB's most popular independent games
Your support has galvanized our commitment to make this game. We're continuing what we started before the campaign, pursuing numerous funding sources including publishers and investors, and we're also exploring ways to ensure we can continue to involve and support this fantastic community even after the Kickstarter is over.

But even if the game isn't funded through Kickstarter, remember: every pledge still matters. Though backers will never be charged if the campaign doesn't reach its target, every pledge still tells the world (and publishers and investors and the media) that Keep the Peace is a commercially viable game with a strong fanbase. So if you haven't yet backed us and are still considering it, there's no better time!

We also recently uploaded 3 new videos showing gameplay from the Keep the Peace prototype, plus a number of new screenshots. You can also check those out on our Kickstarter page!

https://kck.st/2Jzke3f

And if you have questions about the game, or want to join the discussion, you can find us on Discord:

https://discord.gg/2vmU9SS
PLEDGE YOU FUCKS

Zombra

Patron
Surprising no one, the kickstarter didn't make it. THANKS A LOT CODEX FUNDRAISER

Update #5

Jun 14 2018

Thank You + Next Steps!

The Kickstarter campaign is now closed!

A big thanks to you and everyone else who pledged, shared the campaign with their friends, and otherwise supported us over the past 4 weeks!

Though we were unable to reach our funding goal on Kickstarter, the campaign was nevertheless extremely successful at raising awareness of Keep the Peace, building our community, and showing the world this is a game that should be made. We're humbled and overjoyed that so many people are so excited to see Keep the Peace become a reality. And we're committed to making that happen, one way or another.

What's Next?
Immediately:

Since Kickstarter is "all-or-nothing," supporters who backed us on Kickstarter will not be charged for their pledges. Since pledges will not go through, we cannot distribute rewards to backers.

We are still committed to producing Keep the Peace, and we are continuing with active development of the prototype and, eventually, the Alpha version. Our priority continues to be the production of a playable prototype/Alpha version that we can share in some way as soon as possible.

Short-Term:

We're building a new and improved community for our amazing group of supporters, which will be a place to discuss the game, share feedback and ideas, participate in alpha/beta testing, and more. Through this community, there may also still be opportunities to get some of the fun rewards you could have gotten through the Kickstarter. We'll have more information about this soon!

Long-Term:

We are continuing what we started even before the Kickstarter, pursuing all avenues of funding including publisher and investor relationships. These are ongoing, and could take significant time to materialize, since such partnerships require much discussion and negotiation and would have to be a perfect match for all parties.

Future Updates
This part is important... Now that the Kickstarter is over, our ability to communicate with backers will be limited. Kickstarter does not provide us with your email address or other contact information. Therefore, if you are still interested in Keep the Peace, and want to hear about future opportunities to get involved, share your ideas, test the alpha/beta versions, and get the final game, we strongly encourage you to sign up for our email mailing list via our website: http://playktp.com/news/

By signing up now, you'll never miss important information about the future of Keep the Peace.

You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and we have an active Discord chat server with over 400 folks that are interested in KTP.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Subscribe to YouTube

Chat with us on Discord

Thank You!
Thank you again for your support and for joining us on this adventure! We never expected it to be easy, but we're glad you're along with us for the ride. More to come soon!

There's still a lot of tantalizing talk in the Discord. This will be the best game ever, get on board now.

Zombra

Patron
New video update:

deliberative said:
Maybe not the most exciting feature, but a necessary one nevertheless! Finally got around to implementing pausing and fast-forward, and also the ability to auto-zoom the camera to pretty much anything, and have it track moving objects like units, officers, etc.

Zombra

Patron
Weird new support model: patreon-style subscription, $1/month starting in September. I was prepared to back the game for $20, but what if development takes 5 years?

2e964cc3-ee83-4f06-8b4b-57d34255076e.png

bfaf5007-954d-4099-b966-2c726481d0de.png
Keep the Peace: Alpha Team
Today the team at Deliberative Entertainment is excited to announce Keep the Peace: Alpha Team, a special community for our supporters to get involved in the development of KTP! Launching early September, Alpha Team membership provides access to playtesting, exclusive forums, feature requests, development updates, and much more.

Play the Game
Download playable prototype/alpha versions of the game as soon as they're available. The first playable prototype is planned for the end of 2018, and the first alpha version in early 2019. We plan to release a new update every month during the alpha phase of development, and you'll receive every one as long as you're a member!

Discuss the Game and Share Your Ideas
Discuss gameplay and development with other Alpha Team members and the KTP developers in a private forum. Add your ideas to our feature request system, and vote on ideas added by other members. Track the status of your ideas as they get voted on, are chosen for inclusion in the game, and are released in alpha versions of the game.

Track Our Progress
Get live access to our internal project management system, where you can see exactly what features we're working on at any given moment, and what features you can expect in the next version of the game.

Read/Watch In-Depth Development Updates
Interested in learning more about how a video game goes from concept to completion? We'll be chronicling our entire development process from start-to-finish in a series of articles and videos. See how we make our trailers, build our maps, design artificial intelligence, model crime patterns, and much more.

Rewards from the Kickstarter Campaign
Alpha Team members will have the opportunity to get special rewards originally offered via Kickstarter, including special recognition, KTP merchandise, your name in the game, your face in the game, and more.

Support Our Development
Similar to Kickstarter, Alpha Team accelerates our development thanks to your financial support of KTP. But Alpha Team also provides a better way to support us. Instead of pledging a lump sum upfront, you can choose to join Alpha Team for just $1/month. Don't like the way development is progressing? Cancel anytime.

Alpha Team will launch in early September alongside a brand new KTP website. Follow us on Facebook or keep an eye on this mailing list for more information, and to be alerted as soon as Alpha Team is live.

Warning: Alpha Team is a program for diehard KTP fans. If you're just hoping to play a polished version of the game, you may want to wait. We'll be happy to keep you updated on our progress in the meantime. Early prototype/alpha versions of the game will be incomplete, buggy, unpolished, and might not even be fun! All membership benefits are subject to availability/completion, and could change as we refine the program and the game. We have a long way to go to build the excellent game that you deserve to play, but we hope you'll help us get there!

3485d363-4e5b-4b55-8a06-311a25018a9c.jpg

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Weird new support model: patreon-style subscription, $1/month starting in September. I was prepared to back the game for $20, but what if development takes 5 years?
Yeah, that's precisely why Patreon doesn't work for most game development purposes.
At least not as the primary source of income.

Zombra

Patron
From the discord:

2:46 PM deliberative:
Hey some folks messaged me separately with a good question that I thought I would answer here. I mentioned in the previous announcement that Alpha Team would let folks who want to support us pay $1/month. However some folks rather just pay a lump sump and be done with it. For those folks, there will be "lifetime" memberships available. Those will be more similar to Kickstarter -- pay once and get benefits for as long as they're available. Depending which "tier" you choose, they'll also come with some bonus benefits, similar to Kickstarter, like getting your name or face in the game.
The original KS had $20 as an "early bird" buy-in price, expect something like that for the "early bird lifetime supporter".

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, that's precisely why Patreon doesn't work for most game development purposes.
Indeed, only the developers of Dwarf Fortress seem to get a sizeable amount this way, and it is not even that much ($5905 per month) for a team of 2 people after you pay taxes.

Modron

Arcane
Indeed, only the developers of Dwarf Fortress seem to get a sizeable amount this way, and it is not even that much ($5905 per month) for a team of 2 people after you pay taxes.
Yeah Patreon really only works as a platform for degeneracy. Some of those weird fetish games got ~20k a month. Granted that might have more to do with them getting in on the initial wave.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, that is one of the cases where I can see it working out.
One absurdly large product, continually being improved. But it only works out because Dwarf Fortress has been around for so long and is so well known, and open to modifications, and just simply a unique game, and so on and so on.
Many pieces have to fall into place for Patreon to make sense for game development. Well, or you make porn in game form, porn always works.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
I would only back this if the dev confirms that your law enforcement agency is allowed to overthrow the other branches of government and rule over Americans as some sort of neo-Spartan elite.
You mean a pot-belly donut-eating "elite".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom