Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Add the option to ignore someone and still see his posts

Ignore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I mean, it's more than just ignore.

It's a punishment. It's an insult. It means "I don't like you". It means "you are below my level and have no friends".

It's like going in someone's post history and rate each and every one of his posts "shit" and "retarded" until you realize that you should also be able to rate them twice or triple retarded.

But that does not mean you don't want to read someone's post, because a) you need the information content and b) must know if he writes something about you so you can respond.

Drax

Arcane

It's a punishment. It's an insult. It means "I don't like you". It means "you are below my level and have no friends".

It's like going in someone's post history and rate each and every one of his posts "shit" and "retarded" until you realize that you should also be able to rate them twice or triple retarded.

But that does not mean you don't want to read someone's post, because a) you need the information content and b) must know if he writes something about you so you can respond.
:philosoraptor:

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
Give 4 options that can be utilized separately or together which all show as just 'igored'
1. Ignore threads
2. Ignore posts
3. Ignore ratings
4. Ignore when they quote you
5. Ignore them in name only, don't hide anything.

Then add a widget on the sidebar similar to the shoutbox that shows who has recently ignored who

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
jetlag-frol-qu-throw.png

PorkBarrellGuy

why not just call them names like a normal person instead of asking staff to enable unhealthy passive-aggressive behaviors

Black

Arcane
"I thought this would become fun but it didn't turn out that way."
RPG playing games circa 2018.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Make ignoring an automatic ban. Imagine coming to an internet forum and then filtering out all the no-no opinions you don't like because you had 2 dads. Not ignoring gives me the ability to call every person I disagree with a faggot instead of not seeing their posts, and calling people faggots is pretty fun.

Black

Arcane
What if someone ignores bans?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom