Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OK, what's with all the people clicking "shit didn't load" on Tumblr embeds? This is the second time this is happening. It works fine here.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I do see that you need to wait a few seconds before it appears. Maybe it was faster before, perhaps something has changed? What browsers are you all using? Try disabling noscripts or whatever.

Prime Junta

Chrome. It did work before. Now it's not appearing at all, just a blank bunch of battleship gray. Not using noscript or adblock or whatever.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I do see that you need to wait a few seconds before it appears. Maybe it was faster before, perhaps something has changed? What browsers are you all using? Try disabling noscripts or whatever.

It works on Internet explorer and only if you accept ''All the cookies'', if you don't ,you get this error

''
This content cannot be displayed in a frame

To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.
''

Seems to be some sort of privacy issue and cookies storage management

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
OK, what's with all the people clicking "shit didn't load" on Tumblr embeds? This is the second time this is happening. It works fine here.
I get 404 from Tumblr from time to time, perhaps it doesn't work in some regions. Works fine right now though.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am recalling all the romance triggers, and as much as I love the game, I wondering if the writers should have called it Pillars of Identity 2. Christ, those romance triggers were out of control.

Tigranes

Arcane
Teheku genuinely feels like a Mary Sue character and the game would be much better without him, but I guess they would need to put a Huana character anyway to even things out

Teheku is the chosen one! I think it's kind of neat that they used all of those tropes for a companion character; yeah, he's god's gift to the Huana, and he's also following you around like a little bitch.

I like the idea of a companion being a chosen one, but Tekehu himself seems really boring and generic, unless there's some interesting development to that later on.

I like what I've seen of Eder and Maia so far. Maia's certainly far more interesting than Kana.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Teheku genuinely feels like a Mary Sue character and the game would be much better without him, but I guess they would need to put a Huana character anyway to even things out

Teheku is the chosen one! I think it's kind of neat that they used all of those tropes for a companion character; yeah, he's god's gift to the Huana, and he's also following you around like a little bitch.

I like the idea of a companion being a chosen one, but Tekehu himself seems really boring and generic, unless there's some interesting development to that later on.

I like what I've seen of Eder and Maia so far. Maia's certainly far more interesting than Kana.
Tekekhu was a little under cooked. I thought the "dilemma" was him being born a savant, and whether that obligated him to use that talent for public service or live his own life. The turning point, if it could be called that:
The water shapers guild are a bunch of frauds that stole their power from a dragon. Without the dragons power they would be ineffectual, and Teheku is one of the few, if not the only, huana with actual ability. Consequently, does he uphold a tradition based on a lie, reform it, or find his own way.

It is not bad, but it hard to tell what the resolution is. It sounds gamey, but I prefer when New Vegas awarded a small perk or style change to the companion.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Maia is american rauataian sniper. Sometimes (all the time) she makes jokes about being spec ops, which are hilarious because she is spec ops. She has remorse about killing people because it's bad.
That's it, that's her character.

Codex Year of the Donut
I am recalling all the romance triggers, and as much as I love the game, I wondering if the writers should have called it Pillars of Identity 2. Christ, those romance triggers were out of control.
I hate the "make every male character gay/bisexual" shit that has been in a lot of recent games.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Maia, Eder and Serafen are the best three. And ironically it's because they don't have any "quirky secret" or "deep themes". They are played straight and they are exactly kind of characters you would expect from a fantasy sniper commando, a farmer turned fighter or a wild orlan pirate.

Perhaps there's a lesson to be learned here, Obsidian.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Minscs hamster had more personality in his little toes than the peta loving douche bags from PoE.Oh noes! Eder doesn't like me that I hunt whales to feed my crew and Pallegina doesn't like me telling other people that they don't get enough sun, well gee Pallegina how about you take your kfc bucket and get your serena williams ass outta my party.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I hate the "make every male character gay/bisexual" shit that has been in a lot of recent games.
If the writers could make it fit the character, I wouldn't really mind. Here, the writers absolutely failed. All the companions act like rabbits humping everything in sight.

It reminds me of Mass Effect, where each companion is just a dating sim.

Yes, all the males being gay/bisexual is anathema, but all the women being like that is a-okay.

I do not necessarily disagree with your point Lacrymas, but I think it is slightly more complex than that. I do not know if you have played the game yet, but all the companions in my playthrough threw themselves at me within a few hours. Something was either terribly written or bugged, or both.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom