Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Balor

Arcane
Yo, dawg...

Vaal Double Strike

• doubled the number of Doubles spawned

• doubled the Duration

• doubled the number of uses that can be stored

• The Doubles' base movement speed has been almost doubled and further increases as the skill levels, growing to 100% more Double movement speed.

• Removed Active Doubles limit

• deal additional damage against Bleeding enemies

Hyperion

Arcane
Not a huge fan of either armor set. I prefer the realistic looking heavy sets, these are too light for my tastes. Really like the Conquistador portal, and the High Council weapon effect, though. Not sure I want to buy 2 different $30 packs. Been working OT like a motherfucker though, just may splurge and buy 'em both up when I get bored.

...Yeah, I'm good at handling money.

Probably going to have to give Ground Slam a whirl again - was the first skill I used when I bought my beta key back in 2012. Been lousy for so long I could never bring myself to use it. Sounds like they'll be overtuning it a bit giving it both a damage effectiveness increase (110 upped to 130 - 140% most likely) plus a more multiplier to close enemies. Dual Wield crit using Sceptres should be easy and cheap enough. Champion will do a good job offsetting the accuracy problem of using maces.

Last edited:
Got my first softcore character to 90, lost count of how many time I died on various endgame encounters. Figured before going to HC again I have to see all of that shit at least once. Gotta say tho, late game is pretty much RNG fest in terms of progression, challenges and such. SSF must be a nightmare in this regard.

Absinthe

Arcane
So this works perfectly with Vaal Summon Skeletons + Spell Totem right?

The regular Summon Skeletons will link to Spell Totem, while the Vaal version wont?

Wow this will make most of the Vaal skills good. Vaal auras...
Vaal Summon Skeletons is already easy enough to use. Just get +3 minion helmets and vaal them until you have a +3 minion +2 vaal helmet, then put Vaal Summon Skeletons, lvl 4 Empower, and Minion Damage support in it. Last support can be whatever.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
lightning trap: when projectile hits enemy, trap is no longer alive. Is kill attributed to trap or to you?
similar question for new seismic one i guess
As far as I know, its still attributed to trap/mine. It is about the source of the damage, even if it doesnt exist already.

So on kill effects won't work unless the wording is very specific like in some cases with totems.

T. Reich

Arcane
Traps/mines/totems/minions are not "you", and their hit damage is not attributed to you.

DoT is a sort-of-exception due to PoE's coding mess, and depending on the type of DoT and its "non-you" source, it either counts as "your" kill, or it doesn't.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Traps/mines/totems/minions are not "you", and their hit damage is not attributed to you.

DoT is a sort-of-exception due to PoE's coding mess, and depending on the type of DoT and its "non-you" source, it either counts as "your" kill, or it doesn't.
It is more complicated than that. For example if you have Elemental Equilibrium passive and your totem or mine hits enemy it activates EE but if your minions hit him it does not activate.

There are many other smaller and bigger exceptions. But yea DoT damage again is a different beast with different rules.
On the other hand all sources of hit damage gives you flask charges and XP :D

Gerrard

Arcane
2zH0TmZ.jpg

Bara

Arcane
Tencent has acquired a majority stake in Grinding Gear Games.

Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games
Our Chinese publisher, Tencent, has acquired a majority stake in Grinding Gear Games. We will remain an independent company and there won't be any big changes to how we operate. We want to reassure the community that this will not affect the development and operations of Path of Exile, so we have prepared answers to some questions you may have about this investment.

Why Tencent? Why not another company?
Tencent is one of the largest companies in the world and also one of the largest games publishers in the world. Tencent owns giant franchises like League of Legends and Clash of Clans and has a strong reputation for respecting the design decisions of developers and studios they invest in, allowing a high level of autonomy in continuing to operate and develop their games.

We have been approached by many potential acquirers over the last five years, but always felt that they didn't understand Path of Exile, or that they had other agendas (like signing users up to their services). Tencent's agenda is clear: to give us the resources to make Path of Exile as good as it can be.

Is Grinding Gear Games becoming part of Tencent?
Grinding Gear Games is still an independently-run company in New Zealand. All of its developers still work for Grinding Gear Games and have not become Tencent employees. The founders (Chris, Jonathan and Erik) are still running the company, just like we have been for the last 11 years. Going forward, we will have financial reporting obligations to Tencent but this will have minimal impact on our philosophy and operations.

Will Tencent try to change Path of Exile?
No. We spoke to CEOs of other companies that Tencent has invested in, and have been assured that Tencent has never tried to interfere with game design or operations outside of China. We retain full control of Path of Exile and will only make changes that we feel are best for the game.

Will Path of Exile become Pay to Win?
No. We will not make any changes to its monetisation on our international servers.

Will Grinding Gear Games prioritise the Chinese version of Path of Exile?
The Chinese version of Path of Exile currently has its releases a few weeks after the international version. We are working hard to reduce this gap so that they come out closer together (or even simultaneously), but are not planning to prioritise the Chinese version of Path of Exile ahead of the international version. We want to treat all of our customers equally without any of them being frustrated at missing features or delayed releases.

Will the Chinese version get some features ahead of the international one?
We develop almost all features on the international version. But sometimes, Tencent will request features that they want to try in the Chinese version that we don't plan to roll into the international version. If those features turn out to be a really good fit for both versions, then we of course port them back into the international version.

Will I have to have some type of Tencent account to log in?
No. Nothing is changing with the way you access Path of Exile on the international servers.

What's next for Grinding Gear Games?
A lot more Path of Exile! We are committed to our current schedule of four releases per year, and we have some really big plans for future expansions. If you like what we've done so far, you'll love what we're working on next. As well as multiple 3.x expansions in 2018 and 2019, we've just started development of 4.0.0, which is currently targeted to enter Beta testing in early 2020.

At least it wasn't Perfect World?

Hyperion

Arcane
Maybe Crate will step up and give us a Grim Dawn with Leagues. A man can dream....

Jason Liang

Arcane
Tencent is quite a large a prosperous IT company. It's primarily focused on social networking, not gaming.

Funny thing is, I don't recall ever seeing anyone play Path of Exile in mainland China. Maybe Hong Kong or Taiwan?

Perkel

Arcane
Bhahahaha fucking GGG. And those answers lol.
Yeah yeah WE ARE INDEPENDENT. No you are not you fuckers. Tencet has 80% share which means you are not and they can do literally anything they want. "We won't change !" lol it's not your right anymore, tencet could as well change their policies tommorow if they want

Buy our supporter packs ! Let support Tencet !

Only one thing is true and was no written. Chris got fucking rich and it is all.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Rainbow Six: Siege got review-bombed recently by Chinese as well as apparently Tencent is taking over the game in China. Even Chinese hate the company.

:lol:

But there is a glimmer of hope that the rape will be relegated to the Chinese market.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom