Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I think all of the quests more complex than "go to x and kill y" that I've seen so far were broken one way or another. I don't even wanna know how big of a mess their scripting/coding must be.
What's the point in putting all that effort into making a great, easy-to-use dialogue editor if none of their new hires know how to implement it into the game itself?

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Aren't you literally immortal on Story Mode? What do these people want? No combat at all? This is becoming a joke, a caricature of bad players.

RTwP is too fucking hard for some people

But is it even possible to lose encounters even without giving any commands in story-mode?

In related news, the genepool is in need of serious spring cleaning..

Honestly, im not sure I would want people this cognitively impaired even frying hamburgers at McDonald's. They are a risk to everyone around them.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
Aren't you literally immortal on Story Mode? What do these people want? No combat at all? This is becoming a joke, a caricature of bad players.

"...enemies easily overwhelm just by numbers"

I have the impression that some people don't know that RTwP stands for Real-time with PAUSE.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
The next questions designers will have to ask themselves with regard to streamlining is why even have combat in the first place if retards are too dumb even for storymode.

2house2fly

Magister

I can basically understand it because I'm that way with shmups. I fucking love shmups but I can't realistically play them; there's a level of player skill and investment required which is just beyond me

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I forgot to quote the angry review whining about how the character creation was too overwhelming for him

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It seems to me that gaming just isn't for the people who are complaining about Story Mode being too difficult. How are you going to interact with the game? What game is easier than being immortal? Barbie's Dress-Up? I can't wrap my head around that complaint and I can't understand it, it doesn't make sense. I can understand the graphics "complaints", people are used to 3D AAA garbage and I can understand them being overwhelmed by the character creation and building, but not it being too difficult on Story Mode. There's also the possibility of other genetic failures believing this.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
It seems to me that gaming just isn't for the people who are complaining about Story Mode being too difficult. How are you going to interact with the game? What game is easier than being immortal? Barbie's Dress-Up? I can't wrap my head around that complaint and I can't understand it, it doesn't make sense. I can understand the graphics "complaints", people are used to 3D AAA garbage and I can understand them being overwhelmed by the character creation and building, but not it being too difficult on Story Mode.
That's expected. What is strange is that the first game had the same "problems" and approximately one million people didn't ask for a refund or didn't post a negative review. That's weird.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Fun forgotten fact : there was no story mode in the original pillars of eternity. This was added later after obsidian received a tonne of feedback from people who claimed that easy was already too hard.

As Lacrymas says, I have no idea why people who found easy too hard (and i'm not surprised some might find story too hard as well in this regard) would want to play a game. Even if you want to experience a story, it's a weird idea, given the specificity of the medium (and the overall quality of stories in games).

Can't wait for the implementation of storymode - easy in the following months. The party AI can't be deactivated, every ability is empowered by default and you can't encounter more than one enemy at once, or something.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
It seems to me that gaming just isn't for the people who are complaining about Story Mode being too difficult. How are you going to interact with the game? What game is easier than being immortal? Barbie's Dress-Up? I can't wrap my head around that complaint and I can't understand it, it doesn't make sense. I can understand the graphics "complaints", people are used to 3D AAA garbage and I can understand them being overwhelmed by the character creation and building, but not it being too difficult on Story Mode. There's also the possibility of other genetic failures believing this.

This post went from 0 to eugenics fast.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My first thought is that some of these people might be trying to click-click-click on enemies like in a Diablo game and are wondering why their characters aren't attacking more often. :P

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Haha them wacky popamolites and their inability to play vidya oh wow
If my post sounded like that, it's my fault for expressing myself poorly.
Finding easy too hard can only mean that someone has absolutely no interest in the systems whatsoever. Back at release, you just had to click things.
That's what I meant : it's not a figure of speech, I'd really want to know if they really enjoy that kind of stuff, I sure couldn't.
Nothing to do with skill nonsense and whatnot.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
idk why you folks are so surprised

these are the kind of people who have been fed bethesda and bioware garbo for so long they think rpgs are visual novels with fireballs

of course they will get their faces punched in the moment they have to use a brian cell

Yeah the romance dialogue in general in this game has a "hello fellow humans" quality to it.

ah, another clear inspiration from ELEX

truly, the :incline: of poe2 just keeps on giving

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
maxresdefault.jpg

This is just submissive nerd fantasy. Surely there's nothing like this in Deadfire.

frajaq

Erudite
In other news playing the game on PotD and Expert Mode and Scaling up makes the game much more interesting

Not having the skulls spoiling you the difficulty of the encounters is a blessing

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
i'm not even kidding btw, the character actually says that in game
romances in deadfire start with "do you like me ?" and end with "we should have a quickie in the toilets at some point"
and the only thing in between is a kiss

basically, a fruitful night at the club

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom